Page 812 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3127127628028108118128138148228629121312 ... LastLast
Results 16,221 to 16,240 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Josh Marshall is a ****ing dumbass. The Korean War started in 1950. If the kids died in Korea at 20years old he’d be born in 1930. 2018-1930. That would make the parents 88 years old not 101. That’s reasonable.
    And the parents of those who fought would've been born roughly 20 years earlier. Be careful calling someone a dumbass.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (06-14-2018)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    And the parents of those who fought would've been born roughly 20 years earlier. Be careful calling someone a dumbass.

WTH I’m drunk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Oh please... If I had the time now I'd search this thread and I'd bet you made the hysterical thread of WW3
    I believe most WW3 comments came during T's "fire and fury" phase, but I don't remember making any. I remember stating that NK was nowhere near the great threat they were being made out to be. Trump is manipulating the situation for his own ends. He exaggerated the threat, and now he is exaggerating the agreement. Quite predictable.

from 3/28/18
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post

I guess this needs its own thread.

What is he really up to? Is Trump going to get credit for disarming NK like Reagan did for the Soviet collapse?

I'm far from convinced they're really going to give up what they've worked so hard for but maybe they think they've found a way to appear to. And of course, I have zero faith in Trump leading negotiations. Maybe there's a silver lining to the Bolton hire after all.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    nixon 2.0

always wondered when i read history how it would be to be around during those times

sucks to know now
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    This is worse.
    If Nixon had Fox he would have weathered the storm.

Nixon didnt have the Congress Trump has

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

goldfly (06-14-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    This is worse.

i can believe that
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    This is worse.

Most Republicans sill had some integrity. But Nixon in part paved the way for the mountebank Trump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    WTH I’m drunk
    I'm glad you actually admitted to being absurd at this time.
    Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    New York files suit against President Trump, alleging his charity engaged in ‘illegal conduct’

The New York attorney general filed suit against President Trump and his three eldest children Thursday, alleging “persistently illegal conduct” at the president’s personal charity, saying Trump repeatedly misused the nonprofit organization — to pay off his businesses’ creditors, to decorate one of his golf clubs and to stage a multimillion-dollar giveaway at his 2016 campaign events.

In the suit, filed Thursday morning, Attorney General Barbara Underwood asked a state judge to dissolve the Donald J. Trump Foundation. She asked that its remaining $1 million in assets be distributed to other charities and that Trump be forced to pay at least $2.8 million in restitution and penalties.

Underwood said that oversight of spending at Trump’s foundation was so loose that its board of directors hadn’t met in 19 years, and its official treasurer wasn’t even aware that he was on the board.

Instead, she said, the foundation came to serve the spending needs of Trump — and then, in 2016, the needs of his presidential campaign. She cited emails from Trump campaign staff members, directing which charities should receive gifts from the Trump Foundation, and in what amounts.

Underwood also asked that Trump be banned from leading any other New York nonprofit organization for 10 years — seeking to apply a penalty usually reserved for the operators of small-time charity frauds to the president of the United States.

In the suit, Underwood noted that Trump had paid more than $330,000 in reimbursements and penalty taxes since 2016. New York state began looking into the Trump Foundation in response to an investigation by The Washington Post.

But she asked the judge to go further, and require Trump to pay millions more. She said a 20-month state investigation found that Trump had repeatedly violated laws that set the ground rules for tax-exempt foundations — most important, that their money is meant to serve the public good, not to provide private benefits to their founders.

“This resulted in multiple violations of state and federal law,” she wrote in the legal complaint.

Underwood was promoted to attorney general only weeks ago, succeeding Eric Schneiderman (D) after he resigned following allegations that he had physically abused several romantic partners.

“The sleazy New York Democrats, and their now disgraced (and run out of town) A.G. Eric Schneiderman, are doing everything they can to sue me on a foundation that took in $18,800,000 and gave out to charity more money than it took in, $19,200,000. I won’t settle this case!” he wrote, adding: “Schneiderman, who ran the Clinton campaign in New York, never had the guts to bring this ridiculous case, which lingered in their office for almost 2 years. Now he resigned his office in disgrace, and his disciples brought it when we would not settle.”

The Trump Foundation has no employees. On Thursday, Amanda Miller, a spokeswoman for Trump’s company, responded on its behalf. She echoed Trump’s assertion that this was a politically driven lawsuit, saying: “This is politics at its very worst.”

Underwood is a career staff member, not an elected official. She has said she will not seek election for a full term as attorney general in the fall. She declined to comment on the case beyond issuing a written statement.

“As our investigation reveals, the Trump Foundation was little more than a checkbook for payments from Mr. Trump or his businesses to nonprofits, regardless of their purpose or legality,” she said in the statement.

Underwood said she had sent letters to the Internal Revenue Service and the Federal Election Commission, identifying what she called “possible violations” of tax law and federal campaign law by Trump’s foundation.

Underwood has jurisdiction over the Trump Foundation because the charity is based at Trump Tower in Manhattan and is registered in New York state.

Trump has been president of the foundation since he founded it in 1987. In late 2016, he had promised to shut it down — but could not while the attorney general’s investigation continued.

Three of Trump’s adult children — Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump and Eric Trump — also were named in the lawsuit because they have been official board members of the foundation for years. Under the law, Underwood said, board members are supposed to scrutinize a charity’s spending for signs that its leader — in this case, their father — was misusing money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.9ff29a3c9f49

14. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

57Brave (06-14-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    We now have a strongman POTUS that decides who has the right to political opinions along with loyalty oaths.
    But hey, some get to save a few dollars on their tax bill

Now, Strzok says that the text message was “was intended to reassure Page that Trump would not be elected, not to suggest that he would do something to impact the investigation.” And the broader DOJ report finds no evidence that Strzok did anything to undermine the integrity of the Clinton investigation. In fact, as James Comey notes in a New York Times op-ed on the report, the inspector general’s report affirms the FBI’s conclusion that Clinton’s actions weren’t prosecutable. FBI agents are allowed to have political opinions and partisan allegiances. And, to state the obvious, the FBI did not stop Trump from becoming president; in fact, there is significant evidence that bureau aided in his election.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...-messages.html
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    A North Korean propaganda video shows the president saluting a general during this week's summit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    well that's it folks. Game over. North Korea won. They have a picture of the President saluting one of their troops. I for one welcome our new Korean overlords.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Day after report says no wrong doing the dotard comes out and says it was criminal

This ****ing liar is just exhausting. So ****ing sick of his out right lies and reality not based in facts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Axios
    ‏Verified account @axios

Trump's pick to lead the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has no background in science.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Trump called Kim Jong-un “the strong head” of North Korea, adding: “He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same.”

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Hopefully we get that posted in each thread.

Very dumb thing to say