Page 222 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1221722122202212222232242322723227221222 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Marie Le Pen removes herself as leader of the FN. Interesting move.
    Natural Immunity Croc

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Taliban kill over 140 people at an Afghan army base. But no worries - It doesn't impact us.
    Why don't you 'splain Afghanistan to me real quick?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Why don't you 'splain Afghanistan to me real quick?
    I get that you are just being cheeky but you know my stance. The more power and influence radical Islam has in the world the worse we are. We would all be smart to try and defeat it wherever it may be.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Marie Le Pen removes herself as leader of the FN. Interesting move.
    Hmm, that's interesting. Like, I dunno, that party is poisonous baggage that she doesn't want to carry, or something.

I can't quite put my finger on why that would be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I get that you are just being cheeky but you know my stance. The more power and influence radical Islam has in the world the worse we are. We would all be smart to try and defeat it wherever it may be.
    Is that what we're doing in Afghanistan?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    who would laugh at a rape joke ?

in what world is violently violating another human being funny

It is fitting that this conversation took place in a thread titled The Trump Presidency
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    Help prevent rape, just say yes to sex.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

thewupk (04-24-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    CHICAGO (The Borowitz Report)—In an appearance at the University of Chicago on Monday, former President Barack Obama unloaded a relentless barrage of complete sentences in what was widely seen as a brutal attack on his successor, Donald Trump.

Appearing at his first public event since leaving office, Obama fired off a punishing fusillade of grammatically correct sentences, the likes of which the American people have not heard from the White House since he departed.

“He totally restricted his speech to complete sentences,” Tracy Klugian, a student at the event, said. “It was the most vicious takedown of Trump I’d ever seen.”

“About five or six sentences in, I noticed that all of his sentences had both nouns and verbs in them,” Carol Foyler, another student, said. “I couldn’t believe he was going after Trump like that.”

Obama’s blistering deployment of complete sentences clearly got under the skin of their intended target, who, moments after the event, responded with an angry tweet: “Obama bad (or sick) guy. Failing. Sad!”
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    WASHINGTON

Hackers linked to the same Russian military unit that hacked Democratic computers in the United States during last year’s election also have sought to penetrate the networks of a leading candidate in France’s presidential elections, a leading cybersecurity firm says.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nati...#storylink=cpy

those looking for evidence of Trump Admin complicity -- this is being reported.
    Oh yeah, Michael Flynn was Trump campaign confidant and first NSA

from CNN:

House Oversight Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz says it appears that Michael Flynn accepted money from Russia
    Last edited by 57Brave; 04-25-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Flynn may have committed a crime when he accepted the $$, but it appears he certainly committed one when he failed to disclose it when filling out his forms prior to becoming NSA. Hence the fishing for immunity.

Big picture, doesn't mean anything except for the Trump campaign/transition was absolute **** at vetting and utterly incompetent/corrupt, since they knew about it in November at the absolute latest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    " The White House declined Tuesday to provide documents related to President Donald Trump's former national security adviser that the panel investigating Michael Flynn had requested, according to a letter obtained by CNN. "

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017...-Michael-Flynn

curioser and curioser

Hawk sorry to use DK but, the Guardian either doesn't have or doesn't deem the NSA withholding information and the White House not co operating with a Congressional investigation worthy.
    For whatever reason - perhaps they are worried about losing their seat at Spicer PC's -- I don't know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Mike Breen‏ @M_Breen

There is now bipartisan consensus that the president's former National Security Advisor & campaign manager were both paid foreign agents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    Maybe they should have set up a Trump foundation and just had Russia give money to it instead.

It’s over."

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Garmel (04-25-2017), Jaw (04-26-2017), The Chosen One (04-26-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    WASHINGTON

Hackers linked to the same Russian military unit that hacked Democratic computers in the United States during last year’s election also have sought to penetrate the networks of a leading candidate in France’s presidential elections, a leading cybersecurity firm says.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nati...#storylink=cpy

those looking for evidence of Trump Admin complicity -- this is being reported.
    Oh yeah, Michael Flynn was Trump campaign confidant and first NSA

from CNN:

House Oversight Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz says it appears that Michael Flynn accepted money from Russia

Never fails to amuse me when politicians cry foul over their corruption being exposed. Don't be corrupt and it's not a problem. No one would care if the leaked emails were cooking recipes and wedding plans.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    CHICAGO (The Borowitz Report)—In an appearance at the University of Chicago on Monday, former President Barack Obama unloaded a relentless barrage of complete sentences in what was widely seen as a brutal attack on his successor, Donald Trump.

Appearing at his first public event since leaving office, Obama fired off a punishing fusillade of grammatically correct sentences, the likes of which the American people have not heard from the White House since he departed.

“He totally restricted his speech to complete sentences,” Tracy Klugian, a student at the event, said. “It was the most vicious takedown of Trump I’d ever seen.”

“About five or six sentences in, I noticed that all of his sentences had both nouns and verbs in them,” Carol Foyler, another student, said. “I couldn’t believe he was going after Trump like that.”

Obama’s blistering deployment of complete sentences clearly got under the skin of their intended target, who, moments after the event, responded with an angry tweet: “Obama bad (or sick) guy. Failing. Sad!”

I know democrats set the bar low for Obama but this is ridiculous. You gonna give him credit for being potty trained next?

It’s over."

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts

I'm going to need you to be a doll and stop posting Borowitz articles.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (04-26-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts

Few things make me as happy as these liberal and media meltdown videos. Ron Paul is to extreme to even get covered eh? Well now you got President Trump ****bergs. Might not be the President we need but he is the President they deserve.

It’s over."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-26-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    this guy doesn't seem very good at making deals
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    and this tax "plan". lol

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,286 Posts
    There's a lot of fluff on top of this tax plan to appeal to middle-income tax payers (doubling the standard deduction, lowering the income tax rate, etc.). It's hard not to get the suspicion that this was done to mask the provision to allow pass-through firms/partnerships (which include real estate entities similar to Trump's) to be taxed at the corporate tax rate of 15%, instead of at the individual tax rate. I can see how this loophole will be exploited by lawyers/doctors/consultants/etc. to reclassify their earnings so that they can pay the corp. tax rate instead of the individual tax rate.

This is going to be very divisive and the calls for Trump to release his tax returns are only going to get louder and louder.
    Last edited by chop2chip; 04-26-2017 at 04:03 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (04-26-2017)