Page 929 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 4298298799199279289299309319399791029 ... LastLast
Results 18,561 to 18,580 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    lol

y'all are funny as if you deserve something

i mean, thethe just like his boy is just gaslighting everything

he's gone full orange.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    lol

he's gone full orange.
    I'm surprised he hasn't brought up the black "muslims" like MAGA hat boy's mother did.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I'm surprised he hasn't brought up the black "muslims" like MAGA hat boy's mother did.
    You havent cared for my characterizarions of Islam from the beginning even thiugh world wide polling shows what i say is true.

I dont know of this incident that you speak of so not even sure what to say.

Care to comment on the dispicible commentary against these teenage boys or because they had MAGA hats on that you dont think they deserve justice?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    lol

he's gone full orange.
    More stunning brilliance from simple man. How long did it take you think this up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You havent cared for my characterizarions of Islam from the beginning even thiugh world wide polling shows what i say is true.

I dont know of this incident that you speak of so not even sure what to say.

Care to comment on the dispicible commentary against these teenage boys or because they had MAGA hats on that you dont think they deserve justice?
    I look at Muslims as individuals and don't evaluate the ones I know based on polling of their co-religionists. I think we go down a pretty dark path when profiling an entire religious group like that.

As far as those boys go, I look at them mainly as teenage boys rather than teenage boys wearing MAGA hats. In Kentucky, I imagine they have not encountered anyone like the "black Israelites." So there was a learning experience there. And I hope they (and the adults in their lives) will reflect upon the disrespect they showed to Mr. Phillips and learn from that as well.

We can all improve (MAGA hat wearers and non-MAGA hat wearers) and a little reflection never hurt anyone.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    The video speaks for itself, but we all know teenage boys are idiots.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I look at Muslims as individuals and don't evaluate the ones I know based on polling of their co-religionists. I think we go down a pretty dark path when profiling an entire religious group like that.

As far as those boys go, I look at them mainly as teenage boys rather than teenage boys wearing MAGA hats. In Kentucky, I imagine they have not encountered anyone like the "black Israelites." So there was a learning experience there. And I hope they (and the adults in their lives) will reflect upon the disrespect they showed to Mr. Phillips and learn from that as well.

We can all improve (MAGA hat wearers and non-MAGA hat wearers) and a little reflection never hurt anyone.
    Ah so you can make an inference about a group (teenage boys from kentucky) but to make that inference about muslims is beyond the pale. What a guy.

You aee also a man of statistics based on your contributions to the main board so you damn well know what that worldwide polling by pew means about islam.

These kids did nothing wrong and were set up by another activist to push a radical agenda and the media eats it up like a drig addiction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Ah so you can make an inference about a group (teenage boys from kentucky) but to make that inference about muslims is beyond the pale. What a guy.
    No I am consistent in evaluating the behavior of individuals. The boys I saw behaved badly.

I've been around Muslims who I have not had warm feelings towards. Not long after 9/11, I took a long trans-atlantic flight and the guy next to me was Muslim. He explained to me how Americans deserved what happened and brought it on via their support of Israel. It was a pretty uncomfortable flight sitting next to that guy.

But I've also known Muslims who have invited me to their houses and treated me very warmly.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    The video speaks for itself, but we all know teenage boys are idiots.
    I think that's basically it. I'm interested to see how this plays out in terms of what the adults in their lives have to say about their behavior. To me this is the more interesting element of this whole matter. What is the take from their parents and teachers and other people they look up to.

Btw having lived in Berkeley I would not make the case that "leftist" parents are better parents than Trump-loving parents. Raising kids is a difficult thing for parents of all political persuasions.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 01-20-2019 at 05:01 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    No I am consistent in evaluating the behavior of individuals. The boys I saw behaved badly.

I've been around Muslims who I have not had warm feelings towards. Not long after 9/11, I took a long trans-atlantic flight and the guy next to me was Muslim. He explained to me how Americans deserved what happened and brought it on via their support of Israel. It was a pretty uncomfortable flight sitting next to that guy.

But I've also known Muslims who have invited me to their houses and treated me very warmly.
    Agreed that there are many who reject the radical nature of the religon but statistics are statistics and you know what they mean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I think that's basically it. I'm interested to see how this plays out in terms of what the adults in their lives have to say about their behavior. To me this is the more interesting element of this whole matter. What is the take from their parents and teachers and other people they look up to.

Btw having lived in Berkeley I would not make the case that "leftist" parents are better parents than Trump-loving parents. Raising kids is a difficult thing for parents of all political persuasions.
    What should these kids have done differently when approached by a man who has a history of being an activist? Turned around and go home?

Im still confused about a single thing they did 'wrong'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Agreed that there are many who reject the radical nature of the religon but statistics are statistics and you know what they mean.
    Statistics show a lot of different things about different groups. I'd rather focus on the individual.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    What should these kids have done differently when approached by a man who has a history of being an activist? Turned around and go home?

Im still confused about a single thing they did 'wrong'.
    I'm not sure I can help you. I'm sure you've seen the same clips I have. I thought they were disrespectful to Mr. Phillips. I'll leave it at that.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I'm not sure I can help you. I'm sure you've seen the same clips I have. I thought they were disrespectful to Mr. Phillips. I'll leave it at that.
    Please elaborate. If you are making that claim it has to be based on a single evemt that you viewed.

What was Phillips trying to achieve by walking directly to this young man and banging a drum in his face? He has no accountability here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Statistics show a lot of different things about different groups. I'd rather focus on the individual.
    Focus on the individual is irreebant when creating public policy to protect our nation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Focus on the individual is irreebant when creating public policy to protect our nation.
    that's the kind of thinking that led to the internment of Japanese Americans

i'm sure if polls were taken back then about feelings towards imperial Japan that it would have shown more support from Japanese Americans...but it was an atrocious mistake...and Japanese Americans served with great distinction during WWII

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    that's the kind of thinking that led to the internment of Japanese Americans

i'm sure if polls were taken back then about feelings towards imperial Japan that it would have shown more support from Japanese Americans...but it was an atrocious mistake...and Japanese Americans served with great distinction during WWII
    Yes, that compares to centuries of true hatred and intolerance. Whatever, this is going nowhere. Sorry i even chose to push the conversation away from.the true issue of the day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Please elaborate. If you are making that claim it has to be based on a single evemt that you viewed.

What was Phillips trying to achieve by walking directly to this young man and banging a drum in his face? He has no accountability here?
    I'm not judging these kids. I don't know them. But in this particular instance I think many of them behaved badly. It is pretty clear from the clips.

Even if Phillips was doing something wrong (and I don't believe he was) the kids should have stepped aside and let him continue his merry way. The kid who stood his ground acted like a jerk and the others acted like clowns.

"I am your retribution."