Page 1141 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 14164110411091113111391140114111421143115111911241 ... LastLast
Results 22,801 to 22,820 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Whistleblower doesnt even matter anymore. Trump admitted he asked a foreign leader to help his campaign. That is a crime. He got away with "Russia, if you listening, find Hillary's missing email" because it was something he said publicly at a rally. This is like that if he was asking Putin in a face to face conversation. If he leveraged aide for campaign help that is also a crime. If it happened once I think we could write it off as Trump just being a blabbermouth but 8 times isnt a mistake or accident. They also cant claim they didnt know this was wrong. Rudy canceled a previous trip to Ukraine when there was a huge uproar about it. If he asked them to work with Rudy, his personal lawyer, to investigate Biden then that is proof of corrupt intent if that ever comes up again.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    How is that a bad thing? Trump won't get removed from office by impeachment, just like Clinton wasn't. Getting Biden out of the race who's almost certainly a predator just like Trump isn't a bad thing. My only fear is Biden dropping out may swing more support to Harris who's scary given her past.
    Harris is irrelevant at this timr as she should be.

It will continue to be a race to the left and with no 'centrist' left there will be more swing voters going to Trump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Whistleblower doesnt even matter anymore. Trump admitted he asked a foreign leader to help his campaign. That is a crime. He got away with "Russia, if you listening, find Hillary's missing email" because it was something he said publicly at a rally. This is like that if he was asking Putin in a face to face conversation. If he leveraged aide for campaign help that is also a crime. If it happened once I think we could write it off as Trump just being a blabbermouth but 8 times isnt a mistake or accident. They also cant claim they didnt know this was wrong. Rudy canceled a previous trip to Ukraine when there was a huge uproar about it. If he asked them to work with Rudy, his personal lawyer, to investigate Biden then that is proof of corrupt intent if that ever comes up again.
    How dare the government sift out corruption!

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Harris is irrelevant at this timr as she should be.

It will continue to be a race to the left and with no 'centrist' left there will be more swing voters going to Trump.
    I’m not to sure about that. I think if there’s a third party candidate worth a damn, they’ll take votes from the swing voters and trump will lose because of it. Trump needs the middle more than the democrats do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Trump has spent 2+ years attacking any and all reporting and investigation of his administration's corruption.... his personal lawyer and initial campaign manager are currently in prison. His National Security Chief is waiting to be sentenced and Trump knew he was in hot **** for corruption when he appointed him.

No honest person believes this was about Trump caring so deeply about corruption and it's just a coincidence that the guy he views as his main political rival is involved. All the corruption all over the world that we give aid to he randomly choose Bidens son in Ukraine from 5 years ago. Funny how corruption never seems to be a problem when he deals with Putin and North Korea. Guess no corruption there to worry about.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I’m not to sure about that. I think if there’s a third party candidate worth a damn, they’ll take votes from the swing voters and trump will lose because of it. Trump needs the middle more than the democrats do
    I dont agree...they need the middle evenly. Whoever wins the moderates always wins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Trump has spent 2+ years attacking any and all reporting and investigation of his administration's corruption.... his personal lawyer and initial campaign manager are currently in prison. His National Security Chief is waiting to be sentenced and Trump knew he was in hot **** for corruption when he appointed him.

No honest person believes this was about Trump caring so deeply about corruption and it's just a coincidence that the guy he views as his main political rival is involved. All the corruption all over the world that we give aid to he randomly choose Bidens son in Ukraine from 5 years ago. Funny how corruption never seems to be a problem when he deals with Putin and North Korea. Guess no corruption there to worry about.
    Hahahahah....attacked a 2 year investigation that yielded nothing. He also cooperated at extraordinary levels with that same investigation but lets ignore that. But yourr right, he should have shut up, bent over and taken it as the left was trying to remove a fuly elected president on false grounds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    It actually did yield.

and we haven't even gotten to Stone
    but, hey ...
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Extraordinary. Did he testify under oath like Bill Clinton? Did he spend hours under oath in front of Congress like Hillary? Did he order all government employees to be forthcoming to investigators? Wait he did.... for the OG AG's investigation......

Should have bent over and taken it? Well in the Benghazi investigation Hillary testified under oath forever because there was no crime and that was the end of it. If Trump was innocent then he should have cooperated fully and that would have been the end of that. It's only still an issue because of obstruction. No one is at fault for believing Trump was guilty when he acted the way he did. That's not how innocent people act and that's not me saying it, that's the everyday police officers Trump loves.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Good job trying to distract though. Asking Ukraines help is a crime. Once might be excusable. 8 times is not.

It’s over."

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Interesting use of impeachment tool
    Amazingly, one can both hold the opinion that Trump committed an impeachable offense *and* that any such investigation casting a bad light on Joe Biden is a net positive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    I dont agree...they need the middle evenly. Whoever wins the moderates always wins.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...dle-is-a-myth/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Interesting concepts but it seems to be over the whole electorate. I wonder what that would look like in the battleground states.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Interesting concepts but it seems to be over the whole electorate. I wonder what that would look like in the battleground states.
    I would have to imagine it generally holds up fairly well. A self-described moderate in Pennsylvania is likely not fundamentally different than a self-described moderate in Virginia in terms of whether or not they have specific policy preferences. Certainly the individual views will differ, but the overall idea that someone must ‘win’ the moderate voter is based on a premise that there is a large bunch of voters waiting to be persuaded on policy issues, which might be false.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I would have to imagine it generally holds up fairly well. A self-described moderate in Pennsylvania is likely not fundamentally different than a self-described moderate in Virginia in terms of whether or not they have specific policy preferences. Certainly the individual views will differ, but the overall idea that someone must ‘win’ the moderate voter is based on a premise that there is a large bunch of voters waiting to be persuaded on policy issues, which might be false.
    Not sure how this can be substantiated but im of the belief that people cast their vote against policies and so much for their own personal beliefs. Now this is effectively a derivative of their beliefs but I think the candidate that doesnt propose a policy highly contemptable to the 'undecided' voter is the one that wins.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Not sure how this can be substantiated but im of the belief that people cast their vote against policies and so much for their own personal beliefs. Now this is effectively a derivative of their beliefs but I think the candidate that doesnt propose a policy highly contemptable to the 'undecided' voter is the one that wins.
    speak English...this is 'Merican board
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Runnin (09-25-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Wow, the WH sure acted quickly after Nancy lit a fire under T's arse.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Wow, the WH sure acted quickly after Nancy lit a fire under T's arse.
    "I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I will also have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it. I'm sure you will figure it out."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    "I have many Ukrainian friends, their incredible people."

okay, they're trolling. They've had how many days to correct that?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    "I have many Ukrainian friends, their incredible people."

okay, they're trolling. They've had how many days to correct that?
    well these are just notes (what are called readouts) taken by someone who was listening in...it is not an official transcript taken by someone trained to get everything down precisely

"I am your retribution."