Page 937 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 4378378879279359369379389399479871037 ... LastLast
Results 18,721 to 18,740 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    In the interest of trying to agree on an objective truth: there was chanting by some of the kids that was clearly directed at Phillips (apart from the organized chanting earlier), likewise the dancing around him and the chopping. I didn’t weigh in on this til this morning and I’ve made no other representations about it. That stuff, in my opinion, was inappropriate. But that stuff, as a matter of objective fact, happened, and that’s pretty much the sum of my comment about it. It contradicts the PR narrative, and some of what sturg and thethe have said. As for the one kid’s staredown (smirkdown?), I guess that is purely in the realm of the subjective. But we’re practically hearing that these kids were besieged and linked arms and started singing “We Shall Overcome.” That ain’t what happened.
    I've never said these kids were assaulted. I have specifically countered the media narrative that these were evil MAGA racist bigots that instigated this whole mess.

Further, what I am contending is that Nathan Phillips is not some innocent honorable elderly man and had his own motives in his actions.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    btw is anyone disturbed that twitter has shut down the account of Talia

that's the person whose tweet about the Staredown at Lincoln Memorial went viral

one of the reasons cited is that she was using someone else's picture to front her account...i'd like to know more about this...seems to me there has to be more than that to close down someone's account

i'm also thinking someone should dig a bit into the amplification process on both sides of this one...it seems to me to be a rich topic for some research
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    For those that watched all of the videos

where were the chaperones ?
    Where was parental responsibility
    were these kids on their own ?

When I was in high school we made trips to cities and had almost as many adults supervising as students
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    where is Talia?

or better yet who is Talia?
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    btw is anyone disturbed that twitter has shut down the account of Talia

that's the person whose tweet about the Staredown at Lincoln Memorial went viral

one of the reasons cited is that she was using someone else's picture to front her account...i'd like to know more about this...seems to me there has to be more than that to close down someone's account

i'm also thinking someone should dig a bit into the amplification process on both sides of this one...it seems to me to be a rich topic for some research
    I feel uncomfortable with any banning.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    This **** is rich. Because someone doesn't support the US bankrolling the State of Israel they're anti-Semitic.

But Trump ran for office with the support of the alt-right, who's basically a facade for a classic Fascist movement. They all think the Rothschild's and George Soros are ruining America. They do the classic Jews control the money rants of ancient and not-so-ancient Europe that lead to horrific events.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    This **** is rich. Because someone doesn't support the US bankrolling the State of Israel they're anti-Semitic.

But Trump ran for office with the support of the alt-right, who's basically a facade for a classic Fascist movement. They all think the Rothschild's and George Soros are ruining America. They do the classic Jews control the money rants of ancient and not-so-ancient Europe that lead to horrific events.
    Yes - The alt-right is all Charolettseville.

Swear to God the KKK is just a boogeyman for the left to bring out and scare people. Its such a fringe of the right wing that its a joke while the Womens March is considered to be nothing. Pathetic.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/22/n...source=Twitter

I nice little summary of how much of a fraud Nathan Phillips was throughout this process. And now reports were he gathered a group of 20 or so individuals to interrupt a mass. What a great guy this is and this is who the left rallied around.

Man what a disgraceful showing from some of you.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i'm confused

i'm just following your leader that believes in alternative facts

why are you mad that i'm just doing what your boy does

yes freedom lover, i know already, he isn't your boy. blah blah blah
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/22/n...source=Twitter

I nice little summary of how much of a fraud Nathan Phillips was throughout this process. And now reports were he gathered a group of 20 or so individuals to interrupt a mass. What a great guy this is and this is who the left rallied around.

Man what a disgraceful showing from some of you.
    i don't speak for "the left" or any other group

but i personally am pretty much ok with native americans doing almost anything they want in this country.

that for sure includes getting some maga crybabies panties in a wad
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i don't speak for "the left" or any other group

but i personally am pretty much ok with native americans doing almost anything they want in this country.

that for sure includes getting some maga crybabies panties in a wad
    Not your worst take. Natives have suffered unspeakable horrors.

My anger should be more pointed at the media.
    Natural Immunity Croc

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I've never said these kids were assaulted. I have specifically countered the media narrative that these were evil MAGA racist bigots that instigated this whole mess.

Further, what I am contending is that Nathan Phillips is not some innocent honorable elderly man and had his own motives in his actions.
    That’s not all you said, though, which was what I was alluding to. You repeatedly suggested that the teens did nothing wrong, and asked me what they did that was inappropriate. I provided an answer. I’m not really concerned with Nathan Phillips’s service record or the horrifying provocation of an old man playing a drum and singing. I’m fine with your challenging the narrative. I’m simply challenging the counter-narrative. I think there’s probably validity and truth in both accounts.

Since you mentioned Charlottesville, though, I feel like it’s worth saying my bit about MAGA hats. The prevalence of MAGA hats there, and pretty much wherever those kind of folks congregate, is why so many people have such a negative visceral reaction to them. It doesn’t mean that everyone who wears one intends it as a racist provocation, but I can’t help noticing that many racist provocateurs wear them, presumably with a purpose. So I’d say that your beef should not be with people who are icked out by MAGA hats, but with the folks who seem to be making the connection between MAGA and white supremacy visible and explicit.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Yes - The alt-right is all Charolettseville.

Swear to God the KKK is just a boogeyman for the left to bring out and scare people. Its such a fringe of the right wing that its a joke while the Womens March is considered to be nothing. Pathetic.
    The KKK isn't the alt-right.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

We still talking about the KKK in 2019? It doesn’t even exist anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    We still talking about the KKK in 2019? It doesn’t even exist anymore.
    their paper was one of 2 to endorse Trump to be president

they are alive and well (possibly evolved to a different name cause of their history) and now not scared to come out of the shadows since their and your boy are one in the same

he out here carrying water for em

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    That’s not all you said, though, which was what I was alluding to. You repeatedly suggested that the teens did nothing wrong, and asked me what they did that was inappropriate. I provided an answer. I’m not really concerned with Nathan Phillips’s service record or the horrifying provocation of an old man playing a drum and singing. I’m fine with your challenging the narrative. I’m simply challenging the counter-narrative. I think there’s probably validity and truth in both accounts.

Since you mentioned Charlottesville, though, I feel like it’s worth saying my bit about MAGA hats. The prevalence of MAGA hats there, and pretty much wherever those kind of folks congregate, is why so many people have such a negative visceral reaction to them. It doesn’t mean that everyone who wears one intends it as a racist provocation, but I can’t help noticing that many racist provocateurs wear them, presumably with a purpose. So I’d say that your beef should not be with people who are icked out by MAGA hats, but with the folks who seem to be making the connection between MAGA and white supremacy visible and explicit.
    I cannot control what other people wear and to me this is a lazy analysis to justify assigning blame to kids who did nothing wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I missed your defense of trashing israel rant which coincide nicely with your past.

This idea that the alt right is racist is just a tired argument. I dont even care. Call us whatever you want. The assigning of racism to everything has completely tsken the meaning out of the word. Its now used when no real arguments are left so carry on.