Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Obama was given **** for 8 years from all manners of the right. And he never stooped in 8 years to the level that Trump has before even taking the oath.

Trump is a sad pathetic man. WHat is he going to do when Kim Jung Un calls him a fatty bum bum? Or whatever childish bully fight those 2 would have with each other.

I'd much rather have a president who leads by example, and Trump's example is to talk **** about people on twitter, which is not something I can get behind.
    Yeah - but this notion of turnabout is fair play is tired. You are as sad and pathetic as Trump supposedly is if that's a worldview you embrace.

Calling out Lewis for being an ineffective leader (as many of our dear Congressional lifers are) - dignified or not - is not 'talking ****' ... it's speaking the truth.

And FWIW, I don't think many intelligent people would complain if Trump wiped out KJU (and 50% of Pyongyang) with a tactical nuke. Hell, he might win a justifiable Nobel Peace Prize for doing it.
    Last edited by Hawk; 01-15-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    On Japanese TV news programs the phrase "Post Truth" accompanies all stories about Trump, which are many. So it isn't just liberals in America that think Trump is somehow 'illegitimate'.

Lies, Lies, Lies
    The truth about political dishonesty

Post-truth politics
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Post Truth is Oxford Dictionary's Word of the Year
    I was in Tokyo for a few weeks over the New Year and didn't hear the phrase "Post Truth" on any Trump related news broadcast. You are right, there were many. Granted, I mainly watched the NHK and my Japanese is ... elementary.

Interesting, many of the Japanese I spoke with had a positive outlook on Trump, but I guess that's not surprising considering the way the country has fallen in love with Abeism again.

Of similar note, I got totally absorbed in an hour-long talk program about Trump (and the balance of power in Asia) featuring Patrick Harlan ... and a gigantic Donald looming over the set.

Last edited by Hawk; 01-15-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Yeah - but this notion of turnabout is fair play is tired. You are as sad and pathetic as Trump supposedly is if that's a worldview you embrace.

Calling out Lewis for being an ineffective leader (as many of our dear Congressional lifers are) - dignified or not - is not 'talking ****' ... it's speaking the truth.

And FWIW, I don't think many intelligent people would complain if Trump wiped out KJU (and 50% of Pyongyang) with a tactical nuke. Hell, he might win a justifiable Nobel Peace Prize for doing it.
    WTF?

Also Trump knows nothing about if LEwis is an effective politician or not.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    WTF?

Also Trump knows nothing about if LEwis is an effective politician or not.
    You are okay with 25 million slaves living in abject poverty at the hands of a single man? That's not typically American at all.

Also, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at Fulton County and draw easy judgement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    You are okay with 25 million slaves living in abject poverty at the hands of a single man? That's not typically American at all.

Also, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at Fulton County and draw easy judgement.
    I'm not fine with it, but I'm also not fine with directly killing 1M+ people and who knows how many others by fallout and other effects, not to mention the environmental complexities, and who knows what China's reaction would be.

Trump didn't look it up. Trust me. He just got some **** talking points and ran with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts

Calling out Lewis for being an ineffective leader (as many of our dear Congressional lifers are) - dignified or not - is not 'talking ****' ... it's speaking the truth..
    I'm not really sure what you're getting at with turnabout. Are you saying that expecting Trump to act like a president is foolish because he's acted like a petulant child through his campaign? If you dont' think a world leader should act like one, then we're never gonna see eye to eye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    CGI voluntarily shut down. I'm sure it is just a coincidence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I was in Tokyo for a few weeks over the New Year and didn't hear the phrase "Post Truth" on any Trump related news broadcast. You are right, there were many. Granted, I mainly watched the NHK and my Japanese is ... elementary. Interesting, many of the Japanese I spoke with had a positive outlook on Trump, but I guess that's not surprising considering the way the country has fallen in love with Abeism again. Of similar note, I got totally absorbed in an hour-long talk program about Trump (and the balance of power in Asia) featuring Patrick Harlan ... and a gigantic Donald looming over the set.
    I first saw the phrase "post truth", ポスト トゥルース、on Japanese TV about a week ago, but admittedly don't watch much TV. (I missed Bedell's earlier post on it.)

The Japanese communication style is to read the other person and make appropriate, non-threatening comments, and they are expert at it. Not to dismiss your experiences in any way, but I'm sure you've picked up that the J can present a general positive outlook on most any subject. That's the whole point of conversation, like a polite game of ping-pong with a child. It's so interesting to meet a person who wants to talk about politics but at the same time, will not reveal their actual views. It's like a game of wills to see who breaks first and shows a hint of their true feelings.
    Last edited by Runnin; 01-15-2017 at 09:51 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

Hawk (01-15-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I'm not fine with it, but I'm also not fine with directly killing 1M+ people and who knows how many others by fallout and other effects, not to mention the environmental complexities, and who knows what China's reaction would be.

Trump didn't look it up. Trust me. He just got some **** talking points and ran with it.
    You could hypothetically deploy an airburst (minimal fallout) above Ryongsong to take out Un and, ostensibly, some core military leaders/party officials with minimal civilian casualties. If you wanted to completely dismantle the party you'd need to target Pyongyang more directly. Large swaths of the city are dedicated to government buildings and monuments and the working class is obviously and deliberately segregated.

We're not talking about Hiroshima here. We're talking about an organized, modern strike.

The greater concern with taking out KJU/breaking up the DPRK would be a diaspora into the South and into China.

---

My point is that there's not much to look up. He's just kind of stating the obvious.
    Last edited by Hawk; 01-15-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I'm not really sure what you're getting at with turnabout. Are you saying that expecting Trump to act like a president is foolish because he's acted like a petulant child through his campaign? If you dont' think a world leader should act like one, then we're never gonna see eye to eye.
    I think Trump was elected precisely because he is not a traditional communicator/leader. I don't really care how he acts as long as I see things getting done.

The turnabout comment was made in response to your whinging about Obama getting unfair treatment for 8 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I think Trump was elected precisely because he is not a traditional communicator/leader. I don't really care how he acts as long as I see things getting done.

The turnabout comment was made in response to your whinging about Obama getting unfair treatment for 8 years.
    I don't think I was whining at all. Your standard for whining is weird

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I don't think I was whining at all. Your standard for whining is weird
    Whinging, not whining.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Well, it's Trump. The bar is well-established and I'm not sure why anybody might have expected a magical 'change' in his demeanor after the election. That's not what we paid for.

Boorish is certainly a fair characterization, but sadly enough Trump's statements about Lewis and his 5th Congressional District are far more accurate than Lewis' original comments which stirred the cauldron.

As for the Clinton indictments: I'll take my punishment, sir. It's probably exactly what I deserve for placing any semblance of value on what Bret ****ing Baier says.
    Well, your actually calling the election correctly took a bit of the shine from the victory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    hypothetically speaking, suppose Trump does roll back sanctions and disbands NATO pleasing Russia.

what would we get in return?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    hypothetically speaking, suppose Trump does roll back sanctions and disbands NATO pleasing Russia.

what would we get in return?
    Trump has insinuated that a new disarmament treaty would be at the core of things. Not enough in my book, but best guess is that it would be a part of a broad package that would include the aforementioned rolling back of economic sanctions which would pave the way for a mega energy deal.

A surprise twist? Putin hands us Assad on a silver platter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    CNN
    Verified account
    ‏@CNN
    First on CNN: Trump HHS nominee Tom Price invested in a medical device company, then introduced a bill to help it

http://cnn.it/2j1UZFv*
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-16-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Trump has insinuated that a new disarmament treaty would be at the core of things. Not enough in my book, but best guess is that it would be a part of a broad package that would include the aforementioned rolling back of economic sanctions which would pave the way for a mega energy deal.

A surprise twist? Putin hands us Assad on a silver platter.
    Assad isn't going to prison nor US hands.

Assad is by far the lesser of the 10+ evil factions in Syria right now.

I think privately Obama has backed off on Syria knowing Assad is the least of our problems there.

I would have liked for Obama to compromise with Assad but that wasn't going to happen once Assad started bombing his own people.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Eli Zupnick
    ‏@elizupnick

GOP source on Labor nominee: "He is not into the pounding he is taking, and the paperwork."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/16/politi...ump/index.html … #paperwork

Trump labor pick Andrew Puzder has voiced second thoughts about nomination

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    CNN
    Verified account
    ‏@CNN
    First on CNN: Trump HHS nominee Tom Price invested in a medical device company, then introduced a bill to help it

http://cnn.it/2j1UZFv*
    and republicans are silent on it
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Ice cream for everybody! Are we happy now???