Page 909 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 40980985989990790890991091191995910091409 ... LastLast
Results 18,161 to 18,180 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    But what about Hillary?

Seriously though. I understand this involves hush money, but how did prosecutors handle the fact that Paula Jones was supposedly promoted (at least I think I recall that) in return for her silence about Bubba's indiscretions? I have so much Clinton fatigue that I can't remember the details of the myriad charges against Bill.
    I think that Clinton had his CoS arrange a transfer for Monica Lewinsky, and later make calls to try to get her a private sector job. I think (and my recall may be fuzzy) that one of the obstruction charges had to do with this, or with lying about it. The Jones case was a civil suit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    those allegations after 30 years are still that, allegations.

It took less than 2 years to all but confirm pee tape allegations.

Paula Jones conspiracy is right where it was left 30ish years ago.

Perhaps this is why you have Clinton Fatigue ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    Very strong and clear cut words by Judge Napolitano. Would have liked to have seen him go on Hannity and utter these words, but Hannity would have never allowed it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-ne...elony?ref=home
    yup...as Judge Nap puts it: The felony is paying Michael Cohen to commit a felony. It's pretty basic.

And Executive 2 and the Trump Organization likely will be indicted for their participation in this felony. I would guess the prez will be named an unindicted co-conspirator. And Rand Paul can do a reprise of his claim that its just the kind of paperwork mistake all campaigns make.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 12-13-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    “She saw how he was trying to undermine and demean her and she ‘turned’ it ― established herself as a worthy negotiating partner,” said Kolb, who is a professor emerita at Simmons College. “Also I think she gets that he is a terrible negotiator, competitive but can’t carry it through. Bluffs but then capitulates.”

Later, to her colleagues, Pelosi reportedly revealed a bit of her strategy. Essentially, she challenged Trump on one of his biggest insecurities ― his masculinity.

“I was trying to be the mom,” Pelosi said, according to Politico, but “it goes to show you: You get into a tinkle contest with a skunk, you get tinkle all over you.”

“It’s like a manhood thing with him — as if manhood can be associated with him,” Pelosi reportedly said. “This wall thing.”

If memory serves I was taken to task by a long winded poster for even suggesting Trump was bluffing "fire and fury"
    We haven't heard opinions of said poster on the topics of Korea lately or the validity of Trump threats in a while.
    I expect his admitting wrong thinking on stumbling policy and misjudging character any day now.

Or has he left the board too because of those mean "leftists" ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 12-13-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    those allegations after 30 years are still that, allegations.

It took less than 2 years to all but confirm pee tape allegations.

Paula Jones conspiracy is right where it was left 30ish years ago.

Perhaps this is why you have Clinton Fatigue ?
    Agree, but I was just asking what basis that Ken Starr and others were using to substantiate the charges.

In the back of my mind, I wonder if Trump will end up resigning just to get the dogs off his tail. The purported election tampering is serious enough, but something tells me he wants out of this before they start digging in more deeply into his business empire. Trump isn't alone among developers in bending/breaking myriad laws to get projects going, but I think the scale of his misdeeds is yuge in comparison. One angle in this that I don't think a lot of people talk about is that he likely bought off a lot of NYC Democrats to help him fleece NYC (and New York state) taxpayers and that could be embarrassing to both sides of the aisle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Agree, but I was just asking what basis that Ken Starr and others were using to substantiate the charges.

In the back of my mind, I wonder if Trump will end up resigning just to get the dogs off his tail. The purported election tampering is serious enough, but something tells me he wants out of this before they start digging in more deeply into his business empire. Trump isn't alone among developers in bending/breaking myriad laws to get projects going, but I think the scale of his misdeeds is yuge in comparison. One angle in this that I don't think a lot of people talk about is that he likely bought off a lot of NYC Democrats to help him fleece NYC (and New York state) taxpayers and that could be embarrassing to both sides of the aisle.
    I don't think resigning stops the digging. Too late for that.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I don't think resigning stops the digging. Too late for that.
    And it's a veritable treasure hunt, as it would be for a number of developers. It can be a filthy business.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

57Brave (12-13-2018)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Sounds about right.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    newt to chief of staff? lol
    He apparently shot it down on Fox this morning.

I think he was only going to take the job if he was guaranteed to be on the ticket in 2020 over Pence. He was already telling people he was ready to be announced as his 2016 running mate right before Pence was announced. It's a classic Newt move.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

re: Chuck Shumer ?

Let me ask, do you think Trump is the tip of the corruption iceberg in NY development circles ?
    edit: you already spoke to this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    republicans about to prove they don't care about the rule of law, they don't care about anything other than tax cuts and if you have a R next to your name.

just morally bankrupt

love that it has pretty much proven he didn't think he would win and didn't want to win
    If he didn't really want to win, then the hush money that looks like is gonna bring him down was a complete waste. Maybe it was more to protect his marriage than his candidacy.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Let's be honest, Pence's body language was the real MVP in this meeting.
    Forever Fredi

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    re: Chuck Shumer ?

Let me ask, do you think Trump is the tip of the corruption iceberg in NY development circles ?
    edit: you already spoke to this
    I don't know if Schumer is involved, but I would speculate that there are people scattered all throughout NYC government that have if not been bought off totally by Trump have been somewhat compromised. We've seen it here in Minneapolis and St. Paul as well. It's often not outright corruption, but instead the use of tax incentives and tax increment financing to assist developers build projects that are often proven not to be viable. Urban cores throughout the country are having issues and many are desperate to encourage development. That desperation can lead to some shady deals with developers of both residential and commercial properties.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    I don't know if Schumer is involved, but I would speculate that there are people scattered all throughout NYC government that have if not been bought off totally by Trump have been somewhat compromised. We've seen it here in Minneapolis and St. Paul as well. It's often not outright corruption, but instead the use of tax incentives and tax increment financing to assist developers build projects that are often proven not to be viable. Urban cores throughout the country are having issues and many are desperate to encourage development. That desperation can lead to some shady deals with developers of both residential and commercial properties.
    We also saw this in Baltimore with Councilman Clay Davis getting involved with people like Stringer Bell and Avon Barksdale.
    Forever Fredi

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (12-13-2018), goldfly (12-13-2018)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    We also saw this in Baltimore with Councilman Clay Davis getting involved with people like Stringer Bell and Avon Barksdale.
    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeit!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Let's be honest, Pence's body language was the real MVP in this meeting.

Reminded me of the emperor in star wars as he watches a duel.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    He apparently shot it down on Fox this morning.

I think he was only going to take the job if he was guaranteed to be on the ticket in 2020 over Pence. He was already telling people he was ready to be announced as his 2016 running mate right before Pence was announced. It's a classic Newt move.

Even if he got the guarantee, could he last till the election without drawing Trumps wrath? Just thinking about a Trump second term where he no longer has to worry about reelection sends a shudder down my spine. I cant imagine 4 years of him gloating about his reelection.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Reminded me of the emperor in star wars as he watches a duel.
    Sheev was getting a Sith Boner though. Pence was zoned out. Except when Trump started embarrassing himself then you could see him sigh and his body language change.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Even if he got the guarantee, could he last till the election without drawing Trumps wrath? Just thinking about a Trump second term where he no longer has to worry about reelection sends a shudder down my spine. I cant imagine 4 years of him gloating about his reelection.
    Newt is one of the shrewdest people in Washington. He's like an intellectual Mitch McConnell. Newt is only in business for himself. He will tell Trump whatever he wants to hear in order to keep Trump off his back as long as he gets something out of it eventually.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    looks like pecker is the smocking gun