Page 979 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 47987992996997797897998098198910291079 ... LastLast
Results 19,561 to 19,580 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Wow....thats git to be tge first time ever stuff like that happened.

ORANGE MAN BAD!
    oh look

given data and doesn't like the results so he gas lights again

and you wonder why it's only worth laughing at your pathetic disciple stance for the gasbag in chief
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    oh look

and you wonder why it's only worth laughing at your pathetic disciple stance for the gasbag in chief
    You dont know what data means do you?

Shouldnt be surprised.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    oh look

That's the "data"?

How does that compare to pre-trump?

He'll, how does that compare to the giant list of examples I posted in other thread about the other side?

C'mon man, you can do better of it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson:

"This morning I come to you as a black man who spent his entire life living in the city of Chicago. Jussie Smollett took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career."

I think it is the people who have reason to fear discrimination and persecution who should be most angry about this stunt.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson:

"This morning I come to you as a black man who spent his entire life living in the city of Chicago. Jussie Smollett took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career."

I think it is the people who for various reasons have reason to fear discrimination and persecution who should be most angry about this stunt.
    Its a shame that one party has given an incentive to victimhood. Who could have seen this coming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Yes, examples of the rise and reemergence of white supremacy to come out of the shadows under the kkk endorsed president is data
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    This is just a partial listing, just drawn from the last couple of years, and only includes premeditated incidents:

2Lt Richard Collins, stabbed to death in Maryland by a white supremacist

Timothy Caughman, killed by a man who traveled to NY as a “practice run” for a campaign of killing African-Americans.

Arrest of a man in SC planning an attack on a local synagogue.

Plot to bomb a Bureau of Land Management facility in Arizona.

Plot to bomb an apartment complex in Kansas to attack the local Somali immigrant community.

Four members of a far right group charged with plotting to incite violence at political rallies in multiple states, resulting in assaults of journalists and protestors.

Four men convicted of assault in the bloody beating of Deandre Harris in Charlottesville, the day another domestic terrorist drove his car through a crowd. One of those guys was wearing a MAGA hat, btw.

May 2017, 2 killed and one injured attempting to intervene when a man was harassing two Muslim girls on a train in Oregon.

Guy in Kentucky shot and killed two black people in a grocery store after trying and failing to enter a predominantly black church.

A married couple of bigtime MAGA types planned and carried out an attempt to provoke violence at a Milo Yiannopoulos event. The wife ended up shooting a peacemaker in the stomach.

Tree of Life synagogue shooting, where perpetrator was motivated by anti-Semitic conspiracy theories involving immigration and migrant caravans. A wanna-be copycat was subsequently arrested in Ohio while trying to purchase guns from an undercover agent.

Member of the Atomwaffen Division, a violent white supremacist militia, arrested with bomb-making materials.

Another member of the same group charged with killing a gay, Jewish college student.

Another member of the same group killed his girlfriend’s parents for denigrating his extremist beliefs.

Misogynist murder of two women in a yoga studio in Tallahassee.

Six killed and 19 injured in a shooting at a mosque in Quebec City.

I can keep going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Haha, I totally forgot the so-called MAGA bomber.

And in response to the request for data, you can check out the ADL, SPLC, or CSIS studies on the subject. I did not include them, because what generally happens when things like that are introduced is that the impartiality of the sources is attacked and the methodology of the studies is questioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    “If it's cold anywhere, climate change is a hoax.

If a single hate crime is faked, racism doesn't exist.

If a single rape accusation is falsified, sexual assault isn't an issue.

Right wing thought in 2019 is just a glorified series of get-out-of-thinking free cards.”

I laughed at this

So true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    It is a subset of hate crimes, but this article has some data from the ADL on antisemitic incidents. Seems to be on the rise. Not sure if the 2018 numbers are out.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ca/1799933002/

As I said with respect to the data from SLPC, I don't think much of this is due to the Trump Administration. Maybe a small fraction.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    It is a subset of hate crimes, but this article has some data from the ADL on antisemitic incidents. Seems to be on the rise. Not sure if the 2018 numbers are out.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ca/1799933002/

As I said with respect to the data from SLPC, I don't think much of this is due to the Trump Administration. Maybe a small fraction.
    Anti semitism is Trumps fault but not the freshly minted anti-semites in Congress?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    This is just a partial listing, just drawn from the last couple of years, and only includes premeditated incidents:

2Lt Richard Collins, stabbed to death in Maryland by a white supremacist

Timothy Caughman, killed by a man who traveled to NY as a “practice run” for a campaign of killing African-Americans.

Arrest of a man in SC planning an attack on a local synagogue.

Plot to bomb a Bureau of Land Management facility in Arizona.

Plot to bomb an apartment complex in Kansas to attack the local Somali immigrant community.

Four members of a far right group charged with plotting to incite violence at political rallies in multiple states, resulting in assaults of journalists and protestors.

Four men convicted of assault in the bloody beating of Deandre Harris in Charlottesville, the day another domestic terrorist drove his car through a crowd. One of those guys was wearing a MAGA hat, btw.

May 2017, 2 killed and one injured attempting to intervene when a man was harassing two Muslim girls on a train in Oregon.

Guy in Kentucky shot and killed two black people in a grocery store after trying and failing to enter a predominantly black church.

A married couple of bigtime MAGA types planned and carried out an attempt to provoke violence at a Milo Yiannopoulos event. The wife ended up shooting a peacemaker in the stomach.

Tree of Life synagogue shooting, where perpetrator was motivated by anti-Semitic conspiracy theories involving immigration and migrant caravans. A wanna-be copycat was subsequently arrested in Ohio while trying to purchase guns from an undercover agent.

Member of the Atomwaffen Division, a violent white supremacist militia, arrested with bomb-making materials.

Another member of the same group charged with killing a gay, Jewish college student.

Another member of the same group killed his girlfriend’s parents for denigrating his extremist beliefs.

Misogynist murder of two women in a yoga studio in Tallahassee.

Six killed and 19 injured in a shooting at a mosque in Quebec City.

I can keep going.
    Just to be clear, this is a statistically relevant sample? And these events were not happening prior to 2017?

If I take the time to list events portraying a different narrative, are you ready to blame leftist media / politicians?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Anti semitism is Trumps fault but not the freshly minted anti-semites in Congress?
    My view is that there are multiple factors behind the rise in hate crime activity. One is emboldenment of right wing groups.

As for the left-wing anti-semitism, I have some familiarity with it and I would say it is actually a fairly old thing. Ilhan Omar seems to have been in bed with some of them for some time. I think the Dems have to be very careful how they handle her. She could cause them a lot of grief down the road. I say that while reserving a small amount of hope that she has some capacity for growth and to move away from that part of her background.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Just to be clear, this is a statistically relevant sample? And these events were not happening prior to 2017?

If I take the time to list events portraying a different narrative, are you ready to blame leftist media / politicians?
    I’m making no representations about to what degree, if any, this has to do with Trump. I’m responding to your risible claims that “leftist violence” somehow moves the needle compared to right wing extremist violence, now or in recent memory.

Now, certainly an element of the extreme types have latched onto Trump/MAGA, but IMO those people would be doing the same stuff regardless. It’s a troubling association though, that gets glossed over routinely around here.

As for statistics, yeah, there are numbers to suggest that there’s more of this kind of thing going on in the last couple of years, but there are also questions about methodology and categorization, and of course the fact that correlation is not causation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    A judge ruled Thursday that federal prosecutors — among them, U.S. Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta — broke federal law when they signed a plea agreement with a wealthy, politically connected sex trafficker and concealed it from more than 30 of his underage victims.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/sta...226577419.html

Wonder what the possible penalties for Acosta might be.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 02-21-2019 at 03:49 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    This TV actor that faked his attack --- I find it telling people didnt even blink when the MAGA hats were invoked.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    This TV actor that faked his attack --- I find it telling people didnt even blink when the MAGA hats were invoked.
    I agree. Very telling how certain people believe that kind of garbage. His whole story made zero sense from the jump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    no, i meant both sides of the discussion.
    The anti MAGA immediately went on the offensive
    The pro MAGA immediately went defensive

I really dont care about the story --- who is right who is wrong
    Just find the reaction a sign of our times
    that people of all stripes understand what the hat represents.

Personally I see the hats as nothing more than how people are willing to fork over $15-20 to enrich an admitted fraud