Page 186 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 861361761841851861871881962362866861186 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Hawk, don't you think we should at least investigate the extent of the Russian hacks? I doubt very much Russian activity tilted the election that much unless they wrote the Hillary speech in which she said she wanted to put all the coal miners out of work. If there was any collusion--and it would be a very big and qualified "if"--it was clumsily done, and like I said earlier, likely had no effect on the outcome. But if Russia is dinking around in our election process at any level, I think it would be nice to know. It's my guess that the only reason the Trump campaign has been fingered in this is that the FBI was following the Russians and somehow Trump inadvertently tripped onto the scene (probably through the Manafort connection).
    Well, we are ... and have been for quite some time.

With the Podesta e-mail 'hacks' it's been reported that the incursion came as a result of poor password selection practices and run-of-the-mill phishing. IIRC, the DNC e-mail server was accessed in a similar fashion (unless one is to believe the Seth Rich murdered by Russian agents cover-up/conspiracy theory which has been making the rounds since the summer).

Do I feel comfortable spending millions of dollars on a politically driven investigation to ultimately learn that the Russians exploited technical stupidity? Absolutely not. It would seem, rather obviously, those funds might be better allocated toward cyber defense ... or just internet safety 101 courses.

It's been 9 months. Untold resources expended with no tangible findings/convictions/recommendations to speak of. Meanwhile the public remains wholly in the dark. We've been told the Russians "interferred" "meddled" "attempted to influence" and so on, but we haven't yet been made privy to exactly (or even generally) how (we've assumed by/through WikiLeaks, Guccifer, DCLeaks ... but on the basis of unsourced media reports).

After yesterday it's time.

We deserve to know what the Russians apparently did, however we likewise do not deserve to have our chains yanked over its relative seriousness.
    Last edited by Hawk; 03-21-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Rep. Peter King says Trump pointed him out and said they grew up near each other. After that, "it would be hard for me to vote 'no.'"
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Spring Training Invitee Chipper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    It's not that the Russians interfered with the election. It's what most would expect Russia to do. I'm sure we interfere with many elections over the world. Like most say, it likely had little effect on the outcome of this election.
    The problem would be if Trump or others under Trump or the Republicans colluded with the Russians to hack the election. If you can't see the difference, you've been brainwashed by Fox News and other right wing propaganda.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

With the Podesta e-mail 'hacks' it's been reported that the incursion came as a result of poor password selection practices and run-of-the-mill phishing. IIRC, the DNC e-mail server was accessed in a similar fashion (unless one is to believe the Seth Rich murdered by Russian agents cover-up/conspiracy theory which has been making the rounds since the summer).

Do I feel comfortable spending millions of dollars on a politically driven investigation to ultimately learn that the Russians exploited technical stupidity? Absolutely not. It would seem, rather obviously, those funds might be better allocated toward cyber defense ... or just internet safety 101 courses.

It's been 9 months. Untold resources expended with no tangible findings/convictions/recommendations to speak of. Meanwhile the public remains wholly in the dark. We've been told the Russians "interferred" "meddled" "attempted to influence" and so on, but we haven't yet been made privy to exactly (or even generally) how (we've assumed by/through WikiLeaks, Guccifer, DCLeaks ... but on the basis of unsourced media reports).

We deserve to know what the Russians apparently did, however we likewise do not deserve to have our chains yanked over its relative seriousness.
    Why do/did Trump surrogates lie ?
    "3rd rate burglury" is what you've described

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    It's not that the Russians interfered with the election. It's what most would expect Russia to do. I'm sure we interfere with many elections over the world. Like most say, it likely had little effect on the outcome of this election.
    The problem would be if Trump or others under Trump or the Republicans colluded with the Russians to hack the election. If you can't see the difference, you've been brainwashed by Fox News and other right wing propaganda.
    You are okay with the Russians interfering in our election ... because they are 'expected to'?

Um, okay.

- We do interfere in elections all over the world - some with cause, some without. That being said, we should have better digital defense mechanisms in place if we're going to engage in that kind of activity. It's no secret that the Russians are just as adroit as we are when it comes to cyber warfare, if not a notch above, so not seeing this coming (or protecting from it) is a failure of leadership that needs to be placed at someone's feet.

- It would be a problem if Trump/his staff or advisors/the Republicans (that's a new one) intentionally colluded with the Russians to 'hack the election' (whatever the hell that means). But it's an even greater problem when those accusations are being thrown around with zero evidence. It undermines our institutions and lends a firm backhand to American democracy. Now you tell me what is more damaging to our processes: leaked emails or puffed up heavy breathing about treason?

- Drop the Fox News saw for god's sake. It sends you to the bottom of the pile.
    Last edited by Hawk; 03-21-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Why do/did Trump surrogates lie ?
    "3rd rate burglury" is what you've described
    Did they really lie? Or do they just have smarter lawyers than you/I?

I mean sure, it's possible, but you are talking about a multi-level, multi-layered conspiracy being perpetrated by the likes of Roger Stone, Jeff Sessions, and Paul Manafort. It just doesn't seem so plausible, for a variety of reasons.

If more is unearthed, and the Russians are implicated in any fashion beyond stealing a few e-mails, then I'll pick up a pitchfork with you.

Until then, it seems like pure fantasy.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Yeah which is why the Trump team deflecting talking about rigged voting machines makes no sense. Don't think anybody made that claim. Then again he said millions of illegals voted and cost him the popular.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    you have weird fantasies.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Hawk (03-21-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Yeah which is why the Trump team deflecting talking about rigged voting machines makes no sense. Don't think anybody made that claim. Then again he said millions of illegals voted and cost him the popular.
    You presume that deflection comes from a desire to cover-up guilt? I see it as trying to control the media cycle and keep the base stoked up.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts

A great movie though.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    You presume that deflection comes from a desire to cover-up guilt? I see it as trying to control the media cycle and keep the base stoked up.
    I see it as both actually. Which is a lot more troubling. Trying to extinguish fires by creating even more fires.
    Forever Fredi

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    I see it as both actually. Which is a lot more troubling. Trying to extinguish fires by creating even more fires.
    I guess you didn't read Art of the Deal.

Tsk.

Always hit back. Never apologize.

(Roy Cohn)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I guess you didn't read Art of the Deal.

Tsk.

Always hit back. Never apologize.

(Roy Cohn)
    Rand Paul did. He actually distributed a bunch of copies to one of the Congressional Caucuses. Used trump's own words from the book. Don't be in a hurry to compromise. Shows weakness and puts your adversary right where they want. So don't vote on Trumpcare.
    Forever Fredi

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Hawk (03-21-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Last February, a top Russian cyber official told a security conference in Moscow that Russia was working on new strategies for the “information arena” that would be equivalent to testing a nuclear bomb and would “allow us to talk to the Americans as equals.”

Andrey Krutskikh, a senior Kremlin adviser, made the startling comments at the Russian national information security forum, or “Infoforum 2016,” held Feb. 4 and 5. His remarks were transcribed by a Russian who attended the gathering and translated for me by an independent European cyber exp...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.ae79764b5db9

According to notes of Krutskikh’s speech, he told his Russian audience: “You think we are living in 2016. No, we are living in 1948. And do you know why? Because in 1949, the Soviet Union had its first atomic bomb test. And if until that moment, the Soviet Union was trying to reach agreement with [President Harry] Truman to ban nuclear weapons, and the Americans were not taking us seriously, in 1949 everything changed and they started talking to us on an equal footing.”

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts

And you think we're at the bottom of it. I frankly don't. But again, I don't think anything the Russians did put Hillary on the skids, but this is pretty serious stuff.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

19. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (03-22-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Yes I know. It can't possibly be Mexicos fault. It's all evil americas.
    they don't have a drug problem

we do

our drug war is what feeds the violence in places that create the drugs we buy
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

21. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (03-22-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You could argue the demand is what it is because the supply allows people to try and then bring more people to the table. Mexico could take a harder stance on crime but the polticians don't want to. They are all on the cartels payroll.

You can't keep drugs out of prison and you think you can keep it out of the while country? If Mexico legalized drugs and legit companies made it and distributed it there would be no violence. It has nothing to do with the drugs and everything to do with money. By outlawing drugs you make them a goldmine for organized crime who then use violence to maintain control.

Don't blame Mexico. You are the problem here and until you and people like you die off it will never be fixed no matter what kind of draconian laws you try to enforce. I hope public long enough to see it. I hope you live long enough to tell your grandkids why you enabled the American holocaust. Just doing your job wasn't an excuse for Nazi police and it's not an excuse for you.

The guy I buy pot from uses it to pay for college. You deserve to be in prison more than he does. You are your buddies would love to put this kid in prison instead. Your a joke, an asshole, and a traitor to the country I hope someday you are held accountable for the lives you helped destroy.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 03-22-2017 at 03:10 AM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I'm not against legalization of marijuana. Other drugs are a different story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    When was the last time you voted for a candidate that was for pot legalization?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Runnin (03-22-2017), The Chosen One (03-22-2017)