Page 464 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474514564964 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,280 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Serious question, if a NYPD officer walked into Trump tower and said he was civil asset forfeiting the tower bases on his suspicion it was used in a crime what would happen? There actually is reasonable suspicion it was used in a crime so what would happen and how would anyone that tried to stop him not be commiting obstruction of justice in the process?

Surely there has to be 1 NYPD officer who hates Trump. Even if he ended up fired I would think that cop would become an overnight celebrity.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Yep, but they probably stayed didn't they?
    The focal point here is that Patriots fans were booing. In New England.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    So now it isn't enough to condemn real racists, we need to condemn society in general and whites in particular right?

Is there a certain threshold of white guilt we can express to be forgiven? I mean, growing up I was homeless for a while, then lived in a house with a dirt floor and multiple trailer parks, I was working 50 hour weeks in high school, and started working 100+ hours a week the same week that I graduated, but I'm sure none of that has anything to do with me getting out of poverty, right? It had to be the white supremacy that walks among us in polite society.

In the age of Obama, Holder, Ben Carson, Condi Rice, and numerous others that have reached heights beyond what a person of any color can expect, this trope is tired. And it's beneath you.
    I welcome you in my household anytime, brother.

This is what All Americans are capable of doing, not sitting on their fat ass eating Doritos and drinking Natty Light while collecting welfare pay checks. Get off your ass and do some work. Jaw is an example of poor white who busted his behind to not be a statistic. More power to your brah.

But like most Democrats, they tailored to the fat lazy asses who do not contribute squat to the country but expected to be hand fed for being lazy. My race is even more guilty of it. Like America owe them something. I did not go to school just to be on welfare, I want a better job, take care of my family better. I could like a third of my family, just collect checks while eating and drinking on my dime but perfectly capable to go out their and get a job.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

Jaw (09-25-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Kneeling is not disrespecting the flag
    It's ****ing kneeling. There are any number of other gestures they could make that would be disrespectful
    And let me show you why they are kneeling.

This is why the players take a knee. Because people like you turn a blind eye to this **** which enables these javkoffs to get away with it. Watch it, 100% compliant man who owns a small business, the cop tried to sweep his leg and falls down pushing the victim. The 3 cops them get on top of him and start beating him. If that's not bad enough they charge him with felony assault. Keep in mind this guy was the victim of a false 911 call by his son who was mad that he grounded him. The players are.kneelimg because there are tens of thousands of people like this guy in prison now whose only crime was not being on camera when the cops decided to beat and frame them.

Any of you watch this and tell me the cops did nothing wrong. Not only were the cops not charged, they didn't even get a slap on the wrist, and to top it off despite this video and losing a lawsuit to the time of 1.6 million dollars the police still say they did nothing wrong.

In a country where this is the norm, players should be commended for only taking a knee and not encouraging 'll out war against the police like I do. Good lord you people would have **** on German athletes taking a knee during the holocaust.
    Of course these cops were wrong. Where most people disagree with you is when you say "In a country where this is the norm", and where most people disagree with BLM is when they say it's a race problem.

It isn't the norm. Tens of thousands of appropriate police interactions happen for every one of these. The difference, just like the difference in race, is how much coverage they get. I have a white policeman friend who pulled over an elderly black lady who was doing nothing wrong last week. Her rear tire was going flat and she hadn't noticed. He pulled her over, asked her to pull from the side of the road to a nearby store parking lot, and changed the tire for her. I haven't seen anything about it from CNN, BLM, or Colin Kaepernick yet.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Yes I agree. But domestic violence and brain damage haven't exactly provoked any "I'm not gonna watch anymore" from the snowflakes so bent about players expressing their first amendment freedoms. If anything, Trump believes the game is too sanitized and not as fun to watch anymore.
    What do you attribute falling NFL ratings to if it's not some combination of domestic violence, brain damage, and political activism?

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201709240162

Army veteran Alejandro Villanueva stands alone for national anthem in Chicago

“I agree that America is not perfect, I agree there are lot of issues with minorities in this country, I agree we should do something about it,” Villanueva said last summer. “But I don’t know if the most effective way is to sit down when the national anthem of the country that is providing you freedom and providing you $60 million a year is the best way to do it when there are black minorities that are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan and protecting our freedom for less than $20,000 a year.”

[...]

“I just know I’m very thankful to be an American,” Villanueva said. “I will stand very proudly and sing every single line of the national anthem every single time I hear it. I will stop whatever I’m doing because I recognize I have to be very thankful to be in this country.”
    That's how he feels about the Anthem and that's wonderful. I'm just not sure why everybody gives a **** about how others feel about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    I welcome you in my household anytime, brother.

This is what All Americans are capable of doing, not sitting on their fat ass eating Doritos and drinking Natty Light while collecting welfare pay checks. Get off your ass and do some work. Jaw is an example of poor white who busted his behind to not be a statistic. More power to your brah.

But like most Democrats, they tailored to the fat lazy asses who do not contribute squat to the country but expected to be hand fed for being lazy. My race is even more guilty of it. Like America owe them something. I did not go to school just to be on welfare, I want a better job, take care of my family better. I could like a third of my family, just collect checks while eating and drinking on my dime but perfectly capable to go out their and get a job.
    I don't know that any race is more guilty of it AA. I lived in the projects and the trailer parks. Besides skin tone and dialect, there isn't a lot of difference. Poverty just brings about a sense of hopelessness and frustration that makes most people want to either throw their hands up in disgust or blame someone else. And to be fair, none of the kids growing up that way are to blame, and we as a country don't do enough for them. But I think it cheapens their plight when we make it a race problem instead of a poverty problem.

There are kids that live in broken down cars covered by a tarp in Eastern Kentucky, drinking Mountain Dew out of baby bottles because their parents can't get 20 miles to the nearest store that sells baby formula, or maybe the parents traded the WIC check for meth. Maybe that kid will work hard and be an academic all star, and not be capable of traveling 100 miles to tour the nearest college campus after high school. How much is that kid's skin color helping? Poverty is hell, and it doesn't see skin color.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (09-25-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    The dudes a hero in your book? There’s ways to protest without disrespecting an American flag.
    He did NOT disrespect the flag but simply took a knee. Nothing disrespectful about that. He didn't stick his tongue out at it or make any vulgar gesture. He didn't talk to a teammate or walk around grabbing his crotch.

Actually his action showed restraint and yes, respect.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (09-27-2017), jpx7 (09-25-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    That's how he feels about the Anthem and that's wonderful. I'm just not sure why everybody gives a **** about how others feel about it.
    Well, he also explains why he gives a **** about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    The police department said this is the norm by saying the officers did everything by the book. The DA says it's the norm by not charging the officers despite the clearest proof you will ever have in a case.

You are assuming because you don't hear about a bad encounter with the police that it didn't happen. You could say I am just doing the reverse but if 5% of cops are "bad cops" that's still a big problem because the other supposed good ones don't want to hold them accountable. Just as in the example I used. We can both agree it's clear the cops were in the wrong. It's not clear to their bosses though. Or the DA. No charges. Not even a suspension with pay. That's good police work according to them. Worst part of it all is they give the victims tax payer money. We finance this **** happening to ourselves. New York City alone could build a billion dollar Jerryworld every 5 years with the money they pay out in poluce brutality. Chicago 500 million over the last 10 years.

And if you don't think there is enough pro police propaganda out there then I don't know what to tell you. We are indoctrinated from birth into believing they are the good guys. I guarantee you that if you were to teach your kids that police are not the good guys a teacher will call CPS and you won't see them anymore.

It’s over."

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    He did NOT disrespect the flag but simply took a knee. Nothing disrespectful about that. He didn't stick his tongue out at it or make any vulgar gesture. He didn't talk to a teammate or walk around grabbing his crotch.

Actually his action showed restraint and yes, respect.
    When NYPD officers silently turned their backs on de Blasio a few years ago do you think they meant no disrespect?

You need to focus less on the action and more on the intent.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    This is so true. I wish every entertainer would recognize that their place is to entertain. I don't care what they think about global warming, abortion, gas prices, which heartburn pill is most effective, or anything else. Shut up, entertain me, and be thankful that you get to pretend to be someone else, sing, or play a child's game for a living.
    You're giving a political opinion right now, and I doubt that's in your job description,
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (09-25-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    When NYPD officers silently turned their backs on de Blasio a few years ago do you think they meant no disrespect?

You need to focus less on the action and more on the intent.
    One's an inanimate symbol, the other's a superior in your workplace. Bit of a difference-in-kind, there.
    Last edited by jpx7; 09-25-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    That actually resulted in a period of bliss in NY as the cops decided to protest by only focusing on serious crimes and not collecting revenue. It twas a magical time of freedom and harmony.

There is quite a bit of difference between turning your back on someone and kneeling. Beyond that kneeling isn't the issue it's that he isn't standing. There's lots of other things he could do like pick his nose, make the jackoffs gesture, attempt to learn how to juggle, etc, that would be more disrespectful. Kneeling is like the least disrespectful option there is. It's crazy to demonize people for being upset at our so called justice system. It's crystal clear what the problem is. The war on drugs. It doesn't have to be BLM vs cops. All lives can matter if we end the ****ing war. Less cops will die. Less black people will die and be incarcerated. Less of everyone will have their life ruined by incarceration and the so called justice system by victimless crimes.

It’s over."

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    One's an inanimate symbol, the others a superior in your workplace. Bit of a difference-in-kind, there.
    Sure. But that observation leaps over the point.

Why did Kaepernick specifically choose to slight an 'inanimate symbol'?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Sure. But that observation leaps over the point.

Why did Kaepernick specifically choose to slight an 'inanimate symbol'?
    You can't "slight" an inanimate symbol; that imputes emotional dimension to a piece of cloth.

He chose to visually reject ritualistically honoring that symbol in a collective space because he felt that what it symbolized currently was at odds with both what it's meant to symbolize and his personal sense of political justice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    You're giving a political opinion right now, and I doubt that's in your job description,

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    To add on to this, I always chuckle when those on the right tell liberals in Hollywood to shut their mouths and sing, or athletes to shut their mouths and play because they make millions to doing "nothing" therefore their political opinions are invalid.

Yet, the ultimate golden spoon baby is sitting in the office of the most powerful position in the world. Guy has never had to work a day in his life. Received a million dollar loan (10 million when adjusted for inflation) by his dad. They've savored and slobbered for his political opinions long before ran for office.

A lot of these football and basketball players absolutely come from humble beginnings and dreadful backgrounds. I'm sure a good amount of the actors and actresses do to. They love capitalism, and love slobbering over a "job creator" such as Trump as someone we should look to as a leader, but think those that hustled and worked their asses off to sign these multi-million dollar contracts are not leaders and need to shut up and stop whining.

I go back to the Beatles and Sinatra. There are instances of them refusing to perform in segregated venues. Sinatra went out of his way to make sure Sammy Davis wasn't treated second class by a promoter. Beatles threatened to walk out of certain places they performed at if the barriers weren't removed. These celebrities did something as little as they did for social change but it was big for others. LeBron is self-made. Why do Trump supporters differentiate between he hustling his ass to be worth a quarter of a billion, but love Trump because he's a billionaire but never had to work a day in his life?
    Forever Fredi

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (09-27-2017), jpx7 (09-25-2017), Runnin (09-25-2017)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Just like Gingrich got the crowd in South Carolina riled-up for calling Obama the "Food Stamps President"

Trump got the crowd riled up Alabama for calling these players "sons of bitches"

We know the language they were using. We know the real words they were metaphorically referring to, because they were tapping into the red meat of a certain demographic.
    Forever Fredi

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-25-2017), Runnin (09-25-2017)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Just going to lead to another trump win in 2020.
    No, it won't. I don't think you allow yourself to see what we are headed for. Given the news of the morning, there won't be an election four years from now because there won't be a world.