Page 276 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1762262662742752762772782863263767761276 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    We just learned the Obama administration did the same exact thing.

how so ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    how so ?
    I guess you don't think what Loretta lynch did was wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    saying use the word matter rather than investigation.

Leavenworth is chock full of people that co ordinated there characterizations

I too get squeamish when my bosses ask me to use one word over the other in interdepartmental memoranda

I mock
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    This is almost too funny for words.
    I know right? Funny that she doesn't understand that Dodd/Frank allowed the banks to consolidate and get bigger than ever.

But let the disciples cheer on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I know right? Funny that she doesn't understand that Dodd/Frank allowed the banks to consolidate and get bigger than ever.

But let the disciples cheer on
    Strange that people don't seem to understand that regulation only helps big business.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Strange that people don't seem to understand that regulation only helps big business.
    Yep - big government always favors the wealthy

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I guess you don't think what Loretta lynch did was wrong.
    So Comey's discomfort and apprehensions about that are legit but...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (06-09-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    So Comey's discomfort and apprehensions about that are legit but...
    I never said trump didn't do anything immoral. I'm just saying we need to stop acting like Trump is doing these insane things that have never been done before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I feel like I check 2 different realities every day. It's starting to get creepy.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Still Playing the Waiting Game DaneHill's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Lol so you only support gay rights if they vote Democrat. Cool
    Nope, I support gay rights across the board. Having this float in the parade is not a gay right though.

Pride parades are celebrations of being proud to be gay and celebrating that fact and life, not being proud to be American. In my opinion (and MANY others), gays who vote Republican are not proud to be gay. Either they are extremely ignorant to side with those who want to strip them of their civil rights (gonna help them build the ovens too?), or they are dealing with an unfortunate amount of internalized homophobia. They spit in the face of those who have fought for their civil rights that they're finally getting to enjoy some these days. If this was an American pride parade (or New Years parade or St Patrick's Day parade, etc), then I'm with you 100%.

I will take a step back though and say that they're not a hate group, so I shouldn't compare them to the KKK. Perhaps a better comparison would be if a gay conversion therapy group wanted to participate with a float.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Damn bro...you gay?
    I'm not. But my boyfriend is.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaneHill For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-09-2017), mqt (06-09-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneHill View Post
    Nope, I support gay rights across the board. Having this float in the parade is not a gay right though.

Pride parades are celebrations of being proud to be gay and celebrating that fact and life, not being proud to be American. In my opinion (and MANY others), gays who vote Republican are not proud to be gay. Either they are extremely ignorant to side with those who want to strip them of their civil rights (gonna help them build the ovens too?), or they are dealing with an unfortunate amount of internalized homophobia. They spit in the face of those who have fought for their civil rights that they're finally getting to enjoy some these days. If this was an American pride parade (or New Years parade or St Patrick's Day parade, etc), then I'm with you 100%.

I will take a step back though and say that they're not a hate group, so I shouldn't compare them to the KKK. Perhaps a better comparison would be if a gay conversion therapy group wanted to participate with a float.
    You are of the belief that if Republicans had it their way all homosexuals would be stripped of the progress made in the last 20 years?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts
    You are of the belief that if Republicans had it their way all homosexuals would be stripped of the progress made in the last 20 years?
    I am of that belief, yes, if you're referring to the politicians. The voting record of Republicans over the past 20 years backs up that belief. If you're talking about the general population, then I believe the majority of Republicans would either support that position or don't care enough to stop it, as long as they get their guns and wall.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaneHill For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-09-2017), VirginiaBrave (06-10-2017)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    It comes across like that but considering blacks are more homophobic than whites by a very large margin, hell not even in the same area code, and they are Democrat. Its tough in my neck of the woods if you declare that you are especially black males, you will be be teased, but they will accept you with that stigma to them. This is the reason why they have to be quiet in pro sports in almost all instances and when you do declare, it does not end well.

Forcing someone to change the attitude is only making it worst it seems. Only acceptance can come from understanding and not demanding. I tell my several gay cousins that when they ask me why do people treat them like that. I just tell don't be forceful let them accept you for you and not let it be a "sexuality" that dominates your personality.

The LGBT is shooting themselves with the demanding part but they will not cross paths with blacks again. They avoid them because not too long ago one tried to explain their rights were similar to black civil rights. That did not end well. There is no comparison. I think the black person said something of the effect of "look at me, no, look at me, can I hide that when there is a sign on a door that say "Blacks are not allowed". Now look at you, I can't tell if you are gay or not unless you tell me. It took awhile for the gay person to finally get it. I do understand they don't want to hide and a lot of them don't. We have two at work, but don't flaunt it or make it about themselves either and all is good, great and cheerful workers too.

There is nothing to deny them of their happiness here in the States, might be dangerous in the Middle East though or Islamic Asia. Nothing, except being married in a church of their choosing which is basically not necessary in the grand scheme of life.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Pretty funny to me that the GOP cares about gays all of the sudden. They use gays to showcase how horrible Middle Eastern countries are. See! Those muslim countries do horrible thing to gays! Gays are treated better here. No kidding, but let's not pretend though that red states weren't/aren't actively passing state laws to undermine gay people and conservative politicians all those years trying to campaign on a constitutional amendment to "define" marriage or outright outlaw gay marriage.

Cue the Obama flipping on SSM and Clinton instituting DADT chirpers.
    Forever Fredi

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (06-09-2017), Runnin (06-09-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneHill View Post
    I am of that belief, yes, if you're referring to the politicians. The voting record of Republicans over the past 20 years backs up that belief. If you're talking about the general population, then I believe the majority of Republicans would either support that position or don't care enough to stop it, as long as they get their guns and wall.
    You will be surprise how many Democrats want their guns (again Blacks it is around 95%) too, especially here in Wisconsin and you would be surprise how many Republicans are against the wall, north of 70%. They think it is a waste of money.

Kind of a backhand statement their Dane if I may say so. You have to say both because a lot of blacks think like a Republican socially. So it is not exclusive to Republicans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Pretty funny to me that the GOP cares about gays all of the sudden. They use gays to showcase how horrible Middle Eastern countries are. See! Those muslim countries do horrible thing to gays! Gays are treated better here. No kidding, but let's not pretend though that red states weren't/aren't actively passing state laws to undermine gay people and conservative politicians all those years trying to campaign on a constitutional amendment to "define" marriage or outright outlaw gay marriage.

Civil law it shouldn't matter what people think. I think the Republicans were scared that it would force churches to married same sex couples but in reality they can't. Marriage is a legal document not a church document. Must educate people the difference between religion and government. This is the reason why you can't have polygamy because legally it can't be done and morally it is unacceptable in MOST churches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I was not married in the church either time. No church signed off my document.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post

It is pretty awesome that to some the Supreme Court decision was government overreach but the orchestrated attempt to get a constitutional amendment outlawing gay marriage wasn't.

I'm of the opinion that you can certainly be gay and conservative overall, but the Republican party itself has not stood up for gays at all.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (06-09-2017), DaneHill (06-09-2017), jpx7 (06-09-2017), mqt (06-09-2017), The Chosen One (06-09-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    the part after "but" says it all. It is a fight they don't want to participate in.

Sav for your reading pleasure and why I said what I said.

It has not change to this day and sadly if you read it, it probably won't and might become worse.

Dane has it easy in his hood compare to my brethren.