Page 132 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 32821221301311321331341421822326321132 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...ire-worldview/

On the one hand, good for McCain standing up to Trump. On the other hand, he endorsed Trump at one point and has been confirming all his appointees. Maybe act on some of this conviction.

Also, the whole "didn't even name Trump" thing played itself out with Michelle Obama's speech.

Lets talk about John McCain. He is a vigorous supporter of the war on drugs. His wifes family made their fortune off alcohol and are heavily invested in it. Legalization woild be terrible for the alcohol industry. McCain recuses himself from votes relating to alcohol because its a conflict of interest yet he strongly opposes legal weed which is still a conflict of interests. His wife waa adsicted to prescription medicine and used to steal it from third world hospitals. She never served a day of jail time or was arrested. McCain can kiss my ass. Mother****er wants to imprison millions of innocent people. You would think a former POW would not be the guy wanting to make millions of US citizens prisoners of war but he is a special kind of stupid. If he was patriotic at all he would have refused to go to Vietnam. I am glad he was caught and tortured. I wish he was still there getting tortured so he wouldnt be enabling the American Holocaust now. To pretend like he is in any way better Trump is ridiculous. He can cry about Trump but Trump isnt mass incarcerating Muslims for practicing Islam. McCain supports mass incarcerating pot smokers. Both are choices. So **** John McCain, I hope ISIS gets a hold of him and puts gim back in a cage amd tortures him some more. All the talk about Nazis these days, McCain is Captain Nazi.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Lets talk about John McCain. He is a vigorous supporter of the war on drugs. His wifes family made their fortune off alcohol and are heavily invested in it. Legalization woild be terrible for the alcohol industry. McCain recuses himself from votes relating to alcohol because its a conflict of interest yet he strongly opposes legal weed which is still a conflict of interests. His wife waa adsicted to prescription medicine and used to steal it from third world hospitals. She never served a day of jail time or was arrested. McCain can kiss my ass. Mother****er wants to imprison millions of innocent people. You would think a former POW would not be the guy wanting to make millions of US citizens prisoners of war but he is a special kind of stupid. If he was patriotic at all he would have refused to go to Vietnam. I am glad he was caught and tortured. I wish he was still there getting tortured so he wouldnt be enabling the American Holocaust now. To pretend like he is in any way better Trump is ridiculous. He can cry about Trump but Trump isnt mass incarcerating Muslims for practicing Islam. McCain supports mass incarcerating pot smokers. Both are choices. So **** John McCain, I hope ISIS gets a hold of him and puts gim back in a cage amd tortures him some more. All the talk about Nazis these days, McCain is Captain Nazi.
    Well you remember the recent vote to possibly legalize pot in Ohio right? They would go along with it but only if "the right people" made the fortune from it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Well you remember the recent vote to possibly legalize pot in Ohio right? They would go along with it but only if "the right people" made the fortune from it.
    I am not familiar with Ohio's situation but I know all about the attempts to monopolize the industry. On one hand its ****ty what they are doing but its still progress of some sort. I knew legalization was inevitable when billionaires started investing in it. They have the money to bribe politicians to get things changed. Sadly thats how a capitalist democracy works. The more its legalized the more public opinion shifts in our favor. Once we win the war cops will target home growers and people that threaten the rich peoples monopoly but I believe it will piss people off enough to fully legalize it so that you can grow your own.

It’s over."

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Ohio was going to legalize it, but I think only like less than 10 companies were allowed to produce and distribute. They were all investment groups that wanted to be the only licensed companies and monopolize the market. Opposite of Colorado allowing any startups I believe.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I think I remember it now. It was rejected but only for that reason. I think thats stupid. Let them have their money. When voters see that the earth doesnt crack open and hellspawns come out of the earth because pot is legal support will increase. Then we can fight to get it legal for more than those companies.

It’s over."

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Ohio was going to legalize it, but I think only like less than 10 companies were allowed to produce and distribute. They were all investment groups that wanted to be the only licensed companies and monopolize the market. Opposite of Colorado allowing any startups I believe.
    Well let's face it, if the "right people" were making money from it, it would already be legal. How can anything be worse for people than cigarettes and they've always been legal?

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Forever Fredi

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    This is part of the 30 pieces of silver Trump promised to the hard line Repubs such as McConnell and Ryan. They're going to guy all programs that help poor people, and propose another YUGE tax cut for those at the top of the food chain. You can bet corporate welfare will be kept though, although they'll promise some sort of reforms to it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

goldfly (02-18-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Which of those helped poor people? I bet the National Endowment of Arts and PBS get privately funded by donations. 2.5 billion in savings might not sound like a lot in the grand scheme but we have to cut from somewhere. The part that made me lol was Trump saying we needed stimulus spending to help the economy.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Well let's face it, if the "right people" were making money from it, it would already be legal. How can anything be worse for people than cigarettes and they've always been legal?

Its only been a few years since billionaires started investing in it. An amazing amount of progress has been made since. Cigarettes are still legal because so many people are addicted to them. Eventually it probably will be banned. They have been regulating the industry to death. There are enough smokers that its career suicide to try and outright ban it. Once they get the number of smokers down enough they will ban it totally. With pot they are able to stop people from voting with mass incarceration and the drug war trapping people into a cycle of poverty.

It’s over."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Which of those helped poor people? I bet the National Endowment of Arts and PBS get privately funded by donations. 2.5 billion in savings might not sound like a lot in the grand scheme but we have to cut from somewhere. The part that made me lol was Trump saying we needed stimulus spending to help the economy.
    Americorps does.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Didn't catch it either. He's gonna watch them, though.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/n...yle-mazza.html

Twice as better than I possibly could have imagined.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (02-18-2017), The Chosen One (02-18-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    So, with Kyrie Irving joining the likes of B.O.B and Tila Tequila professing how stupid they are that they believe the earth is flat, i want a reporter to ask the sitting president what he thinks on the issue for ****s and giggles at his next abortion of a "press conference".
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

That's brilliant. I love that his tie is tucked into his pants in the picture, too.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Runnin (02-18-2017)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts

Well anything that nudges him away from Fox and Friends and Alex Jones has to be a YUGE step in the right direction. I'd rather him get his advice from witch doctors and tea leaves than those two POS sources.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

goldfly (02-18-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

Great story. I bet Trump does an interview for him. Hope his news takes off from this.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    So, with Kyrie Irving joining the likes of B.O.B and Tila Tequila professing how stupid they are that they believe the earth is flat, i want a reporter to ask the sitting president what he thinks on the issue for ****s and giggles at his next abortion of a "press conference".

I wish more people were not afraid to go against the grain and attempt to think for themselves. Its okay to be wrong as long as your not hurting people.

I also would love to see a reporter trap Trump on the issue. Start it out by saying "Many of your critics say the Earth is round, how do you feel about that?"

It’s over."

Still Playing the Waiting Game DaneHill's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DaneHill For This Useful Post:

zitothebrave (02-18-2017)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I see that the leader craves validation so much he had to start campaigning again. A dog would be much cheaper.

Last edited by Runnin; 02-19-2017 at 06:46 AM.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (02-19-2017), DaneHill (02-18-2017), goldfly (02-19-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Did Trump Think There Was an Attack in Sweden Because of a Tucker Carlson Segment?

Trump said a lot of ridiculous things at Saturday’s rally at the Orlando Melbourne International Airport. Among those things was his improper use of “good” (when he actually meant “well”) — “He’ll do so good,” in reference to newly appointed EAP head Scott Pruitt — and his gross mispronunciation of the word “chasm.” But things would take an especially head-scratching turn when Trump would make reference to an incident “last night in Sweden.”

A quick Google search turns up a whopping zero results for any combination of the search words “incident,” “attack,” Sweden,” and “February 18.”

What Trump seems to be referencing is actually a segment that aired last night on Tucker Carlson about a documentarian and the film he made regarding immigration in Sweden. (If we’re splitting hairs, the interview actually took place earlier this week but the segment only aired last night. But there’s no need to nitpick.)

Ami Horowitz‘s film documents Sweden’s open door policy where refugees are concerned, as well as the unprecedented rise in crime seemingly as a result. He goes on to detail that the Swedish government is, by and large, trying to cover up the insurgence in crime.

Great. While this certainly sounds like something that needs to be brought to the mainstream media’s attention, it certainly isn’t indicative of an “incident” occurring in Sweden last night.

What this is indicative of, however, is the rumor flying around that President Trump gets most of his information from a television. Consider earlier this week when Trump tweeted some criticism towards then-President Obama‘s handling of Russia minutes after Fox and Friends made suspiciously similar arguments. Too coincidental? Ok. What about the time back in December when Trump first attacked Boeing for their quote on a new Air Force One? A mere two hours prior to that tweet storm, Fox News (again) ran a brief report about Boeing outsourcing jobs to India. A month earlier Trump also went on an anti-flag burning Twitter rant after a similarly themed Fox and Friends (seeing a trend?) segment.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

27. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

CK86 (02-19-2017)