Page 901 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 40180185189189990090190290391195110011401 ... LastLast
Results 18,001 to 18,020 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    can anyone explain why paul manafort should receive a pardon? he clearly committed crimes. why would he be receiving a pardon? are crimes OK if you're rich, white, and trump's friend?
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    the left has lost it mind. ok.
    meanwhile, trump fanatics are buying into Qanon, shooting up pizza places, sending bombs to trump's opponents, yelling at people of different races for no other reason than being a different race, shooting up black churches (trying, anyway, before shooting black people in a grocery store), shooting up synagogues. i agree some people have lost their minds.

i would never and have never dated a girl who supported trump. it's a major character flaw to be able to listen to his incoherence and stand behind it. something is intellectually wrong with a person who can do that. i wouldn't touch it.

donald trump rages on twitter, posting memes of his political opponents (plus the renowned good man investigating him) in jail, lies literally constantly (like it's insane how often he lies when speaking), is relentless in trying to stop a very legitimate investigation into himself that has already produced results, props up and defends people like KJU, putin, and the crown prince, and has literally zero grip on any kind of policy.

indeed, some people have lost their minds.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Within the context of the argument you are trying to advance, this distinction doesn't hold water at a number of levels.
    I'm stunned. It's apparent you, julio, et all hold this opinion whenever an argument doesn't fully agree with yours

First, speech or rhetoric is surely a type of action. And one that can be very consequential.
    OK. Sure. When Trump starts saying people shouldn't have rights, etc. I'll start paying a lot more attention. As it stands, he typically says things like "Janet Yellen isn't tall enough to be fed chairman"... that makes him sound like an idiot, sure. But nobody is dying here or losing rights. Can you show me otherwise?

Second, we have a president who has backed up his rhetoric with very specific actions and policies. The Muslim travel ban. Seperating children from their parents.
    Sure. I didn't/don't agree with the Muslim ban. I don't agree with separating families. But these aren't actions against Americans are they?

Third, I'm not so sure one party to a relationship splitting from the other over Trump (an action) is much different from that party continually haranguing the other instead (which technically I suppose is rhetoric). It seems to me if anything that the former is a more mature and reasonable reaction..
    Um... OK... Trump doesn't affect the lives of these women. He seriously doesn't. And, if you read the article - which I suppose you didn't - the women make it clear that their husbands didn't even support Trump... they just don't hate him enough in their view.

Seriously... how sad is that a woman - who marches about how strong willed and not emotional she is - let's a dude she's never met end her marriage.

Finally, while not saying that Trump is as bad as Hitler, it does seem to me at some point it is worth ending relationships over politics. And people of principle did do that during such times. Nazi Germany and the Civil War come to mind. One of the union generals in the Civil War was George Henry Thomas. From Virginia. His family never talked to him again after his choice to stay loyal to the union. They didn't even attend his funeral. I'm sure he was aware of the breach that was likely to occur when he made his choice..
    Whoa, Trump's not as bad as Hitler??? How brave of you to say.

You're right... there's a point where supporting a monster is worth ending a relationship over. Has Trump started rounding up the Jews and killing them? No? Oh.

Has he chained up black people? No? Oh (side note, I remember biden promising us that Romney would!)

Has any American's lives been actually impacted by Trump that is new from our standard? If so, could you point out where?

I mean... I'm old enough to remember when Barack Obama deported more hispanics than any President in our country's history. I'm old enough to remember when Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act, which allows the US government to detain US citizens without trial or due process. I'm old enough to remember when Obama decided he could, and did, assassinate an American citizen without due process. I've recently learned that Obama's CBP used tear gas on migrants on a monthly basis. I remember when Obama separated migrant children from their families. I remember when Obama didn't bother with a Muslim ban, but instead droned more innocent muslim civilians to death than any president in our history.

But he's a statesman whom we all love, remember? Trump is mean on twitter damnit!!!

ymmv

Does indeed to appear that way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Rump View Post
    I do find it fascinating that sturg's obsession with the left "losing its mind" was one of the things that drove him away from here on his sabbatical. And now that he's back, he's picked up right where he's left off. It's almost as if that obsession has cultivated into he himself losing his own mind over what he perceives to be people on the left losing their mind.

People still break up from relationships in this day and age due to racist in-laws. So it's not really surprising that a yugely divisive figure such as Trump would cause strain on ordinary everyday relationships. But like the Mueller investigation, sturg probably thinks what Trump has done culturally to our country with his rhetoric and actions is just a big nothing burger that the left is overreacting about.
    I actually took a sabbatical because a member on your board said that I was a rapist who needed to die for suggesting that a man shouldn't be convicted on an uncorroborated 35 year old accusation without further evidence

Somehow that makes me the irrational one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    can anyone explain why paul manafort should receive a pardon? he clearly committed crimes. why would he be receiving a pardon? are crimes OK if you're rich, white, and trump's friend?
    corrupt government's gonna corrupt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    the left has lost it mind. ok.
    meanwhile, trump fanatics are buying into Qanon, shooting up pizza places, sending bombs to trump's opponents, yelling at people of different races for no other reason than being a different race, shooting up black churches (trying, anyway, before shooting black people in a grocery store), shooting up synagogues. i agree some people have lost their minds.

i would never and have never dated a girl who supported trump. it's a major character flaw to be able to listen to his incoherence and stand behind it. something is intellectually wrong with a person who can do that. i wouldn't touch it.

donald trump rages on twitter, posting memes of his political opponents (plus the renowned good man investigating him) in jail, lies literally constantly (like it's insane how often he lies when speaking), is relentless in trying to stop a very legitimate investigation into himself that has already produced results, props up and defends people like KJU, putin, and the crown prince, and has literally zero grip on any kind of policy.

indeed, some people have lost their minds.
    imagine being this emotional about everything.

i could post a bunch of stories about crazy leftists being crazy - including a dude who shot up a congressional baseball game or several who sent poison packages to republicans or several who harassed people out of public places or... I could point out a lady who is suing a dude for child abuse because he's not supporting their 6 year old's sex change... or i could point out...

We could agree that crazy people are crazy.

But somehow, I don't think you're rational enough to have a reasonable discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    julio went silent on this one... but even politifact rated it as true:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-border-month/

I know I know... doesn't hold water or something
    Last edited by sturg33; 11-28-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    you need a girl friend
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    sounds pretty homophobic to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I would like to wish a guten morgen to all my trumpophilic friends.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-29-2018 at 09:09 AM.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    corrupt government's gonna corrupt
    So this is an issue of government corruption, not specifically related to Trump. Must be just as nice to have such a convenient rhetorical get-out-of-jail free card as it is to have leverage to get a pardon from the president.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (11-29-2018), Runnin (11-30-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    So this is an issue of government corruption, not specifically related to Trump. Must be just as nice to have such a convenient rhetorical get-out-of-jail free card as it is to have leverage to get a pardon from the president.
    Trump is so generic
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Runnin (11-30-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I think Trump has pretty shameful moral character.

One of the best things about him is he has exposed our government corruption by being so bad at hiding it

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    julio went silent on this one... but even politifact rated it as true:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-border-month/

I know I know... doesn't hold water or something
    Not getting into the rest of the argument, but allow me to say we shouldn’t have used tear gas on migrants this week or during the Obama Administration.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

57Brave (11-29-2018)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    seems a witch is hiding out at 1600
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

19. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (11-29-2018)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    seems a witch is hiding out at 1600

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Not getting into the rest of the argument, but allow me to say we shouldn’t have used tear gas on migrants this week or during the Obama Administration.
    As is always the case, that's very easy to say years later... would have liked to seen the outrage we're seeing today when happened then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    As is always the case, that's very easy to say years later... would have liked to seen the outrage we're seeing today when happened then
    hypocrisy of the lioness left...which has lost its mind btw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I call Bull**** --- you knew no more about the 2013 incident in 2013 than you knew about it the morning of November 25
    Sans the aid of RW redddit pages and the cottage industry of all things tax cut
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    I call Bull**** --- you knew no more about the 2013 incident in 2013 than you knew about it the morning of November 25
    Sans the aid of RW redddit pages and the cottage industry of all things tax cut
    You might want to ask yourself why you know so much about this incident, but knew nothing of the hundreds of incidents under the previous President