Page 907 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 40780785789790590690790890991795710071407 ... LastLast
Results 18,121 to 18,140 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    lol.

She's one member in a legislative body of 435.

The irony of AOC (whom I don't even agree with on everything, same as I was with Bernie), is she's closer to having lived the struggle of the "forgotten American" that the right kept giving Trump credit for not forgetting about. Trump is someone who was born on 3rd base, and acts like he built something from scratch. Most Trump supporters are arguably just as ignorant as AOC on fiscal issues, but they love Trump because he "tells it like it is" and speaks his ignorance. They love that Trump was brought in to drain the swamp when he's made the swamp even worse, if not let it run wild more than before he arrived. The worst part is he admits he doesn't care about draining the swamp. AOC is CLEARLY not from the swamp, and so far it doesn't appear she has any ties to the swamp. If Trumpers cared about bipartisanship and draining the swamp, they would realize AOC would be someone they have a better chance to get something done with, than someone like Trump who doesn't care about poor people, doens't care about vets, doesn't care about middle class families, doesn't care about the common man at all.

AOC would be someone way more pragmatic to deal with past her rhetoric, because she's actually worked with normal people in her life. As evidenced by Tillerson's comments, Trump is arguably just as clueless about how things are run in Government, if Rex has to tell him it's illegal to do what he wants to do and Rex never worked in government before he was hired as SoS. For Trump it's his way or no way, either way he just wants to take credit for anything he thinks can make him look good like at true narcissist.

The fact the right keeps portraying AOC as this dangerous person is what I'm most humored by. She's not in charge of any committees, caucuses or House Leadership. She's not the first person to propose medicare for all, or college for all. But she is the perfect Voldemorte for the right wing. Pelosi's clock is running out. Warren isn't a threat. Hillary is politically finished. AOC is young, hispanic, and speaks her mind with a chance to rep that district for a while. She is the perfect new anti-christ for them to complain about.
    I agree largely with what you have said. The media's obsession with everyone's tweets has become nigh on ridiculous. My only problem with Ocasio-Cortez is that she won a primary where voter turnout was less than 12% of eligible voters and many have anointed her the unquestioned leader of a new movement that is somehow going to turn the country upside down. It is probably both sexist and ageist (and cynical) of me to say this, but I get that she is an attractive and well-spoken advocate for a number of policy positions. That said, she hasn't done diddly-squat yet and unless she shows some real accomplishments moving forward, she'll just be another Don Quixote tilting at windmills. By becoming a national figure, she has made herself a target. She doesn't seem to mind, but I think she would have been better served by saying something to the effect after winning her primary "I'm ready to get to work bringing fairness to many Americans, so I have to prepare myself for that task" instead of jetting around the country and lighting up the Twitterverse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Makes me wonder how helpless people view Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez ?
    sometimes it is something as seemingly simple as standing up for the bullied , the violated

Last edited by 57Brave; 12-09-2018 at 11:29 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I empathize with these people a great deal but I lose a lot of that for them if they are religious. If bad things are happening to them then thats what their God wanted for them. They dont need my sympathy or help. They have an omnipotent God on their side. Who am I to question his will. Maybe they should pray and ask their God why its largely Christians who hate them so much and want to keep them out. I know the religious people wont like to hear it but you are insane and should get mental help. History will remember the time if religious dominance as the dark ages of humanity.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Now that Trump has been implicated in atleast 2 felonies that he will most likely be charged with after leaving office let me speculate on how prosecutors could lean on him.

First off there should be no bail. He has to be considered a flight risk because of the resources he has to run. No one in their right mind would think a million dollar or even 10 million dollar bond is anything to a billionare. Beyond that he is a huge national security threat if he did run. We can only imagine hoe quickly he would give up anything of value he knows at the prospect of torture. I would be surprised if even the Trump supporters here thought he was anything but a wimp and coward.

The other thing I want to see is prosecutors use the threat of putting him in general population if he takes it to trial and loses. I know that sounds shady but they do that lind of **** all the time. Usually its more. "We will drag this process out as long as possible so you will spend more time in jail fighting the charge than you would if you plead guilty"

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Nick Ayers wisely says NO to Chief of Staff job. It may be hard to find someone who will agree to do an impossible and thankless job on a sinking ship, especially when your employer is going to berate you publicly and often.

Return of The Mooch?
    Last edited by Runnin; 12-10-2018 at 04:05 AM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Anyone that already has a job isnt going to leave that to be Trumps whipping boy and probably be out of a job within a year.

It’s over."

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Holy Smocks!

Remember when Hawk implied Trump purposely uses 1st grade spelling errors to be more relatable to the "forgotten American" that voted for Trump and that the left was losing their minds over it. Between this. Scott Free, and covfefe, and other stuff not so sure how accurate that is now.

Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    Holy Smocks!

Remember when Hawk implied Trump purposely uses 1st grade spelling errors to be more relatable to the "forgotten American" that voted for Trump and that the left was losing their minds over it. Between this. Scott Free, and covfefe, and other stuff not so sure how accurate that is now.

I recall some staff members who said off the record that they did intentionally make mistakes for that reason (they were writing Trump's tweets for him)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Nick Ayers wisely says NO to Chief of Staff job. It may be hard to find someone who will agree to do an impossible and thankless job on a sinking ship, especially when your employer is going to berate you publicly and often.

Return of The Mooch?
    If I had any type of future in politics, I wouldn't take it.

But I might take it.for the book deal shortly after

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    If I had any type of future in politics, I wouldn't take it.

But I might take it.for the book deal shortly after
    It would certainly put you in the spotlight for a while. I think lasting at least 3 months should be considered a success.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Great stuff in the Oval Office.

Trump REALLY going for the hail mary in his back and forth spat with Schumer. I wonder what Pence was thinking when Trump said "If we don't get what we want the border however way blah blah blah, I WILL SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT". The desperation in his body language to get that out there... this guy must've just realized he no longer has majorities in both chambers to let him get away with whatever he wants. Pelosi and Schumer baited him and he took it every time.
    Forever Fredi

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    what a deal maker

love that he is going to shut down the US gov't cause the US gov't won't fund the wall he said he would have Mexico pay for
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    what a deal maker

love that he is going to shut down the US gov't cause the US gov't won't fund the wall he said he would have Mexico pay for
    Finally got to watch the entire meeting.

Love how Pence just sits there and wants nothing to do with Trump and basically just let's him trap himself and embarrass himself.
    Forever Fredi

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-12-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Watched that video of Trump/Pelosi/Schumer and I loved it. All negotiations and discussions barring a few sensitive matters should be openly discussed. While contentious I think both sides Trump and Pelosi/Schumer were as respectful to each other. Trump very much surprised me by not throwing a temper tantrum. Pence creeped me the hell out sitting back there saying nothing. Again though, ALL discussions and negotiations should be public like this. There is zero reason outside of corruption that these discussions take place behind closed doors. Schumer should be harrassed non stop by the media for an explanation as to why he needs or wants to negotiate behind closed doors? What does he have to hide?

It’s over."

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Watched that video of Trump/Pelosi/Schumer and I loved it. All negotiations and discussions barring a few sensitive matters should be openly discussed. While contentious I think both sides Trump and Pelosi/Schumer were as respectful to each other. Trump very much surprised me by not throwing a temper tantrum. Pence creeped me the hell out sitting back there saying nothing. Again though, ALL discussions and negotiations should be public like this. There is zero reason outside of corruption that these discussions take place behind closed doors. Schumer should be harrassed non stop by the media for an explanation as to why he needs or wants to negotiate behind closed doors? What does he have to hide?
    I agree it's healthy for democracy.

Schumer and Pelosi gave Trump several outs to not embarrass himself, and Trump was either too naive to see it or just didn't care. You can tell from Pence's body language when Trump goes off on a tangent why even Pence felt they should have discussed the finer details in private.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Personally I welcome a Government shutdown. My only problem is its not really a shutdown just a slowdown.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    since the Mexicans apparently ain't paying for the wall how about we ask the Saudis to pick up the tab

19. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Runnin (12-11-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    since the Mexicans apparently ain't paying for the wall how about we ask the Saudis to pick up the tab
    Or the Russians.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    How about we just tell Trump the wall is built and show him a photoshopped picture.

It’s over."

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    With all the Russian stuff and the brouhaha in the Oval Office dominated the news, stories like this get shunted to the side, which is tragic. It's the crap outlined in the story below that really tick me off. The only ideology the Trump clan subscribes to is that of "what can make me rich" and this shows they will use their influence inside the government to line their own pockets.

Link: https://thehill.com/business-a-lobby...tax-break-they