Page 1043 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 43543943993103310411042104310441045105310931143 ... LastLast
Results 20,841 to 20,860 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Chris Murphy
    ‏Verified account @ChrisMurphyCT
    7h7 hours ago

The place we have arrived at tonight on Iran is Donald Trump’s choice.
    He chose escalation over diplomacy, without any idea how to get out of
    the downward spiral he set in motion.

We are reduced to Tucker Carlson talking the POTUS out of war.
    Who knew ?

But, those emails ...
    My problem with all of this is something as equally trivial will weigh so heavily on the minds of some that they will again vote to allow this min-com-poop the nuclear briefcase
    Again
    Or they are so self centered that they will vote their "conscience" and choose a candidate that has not a prayer
    Or
    They will simply stay home, having a political temper tantrum over sophomoric reasons.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    "We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die," he tweeted. "150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone."

I'll make a wild guess and say this scene is 100% BS.

Here's what I think happened: "Mr. President, the military isn't going to start a war over an unmanned drone."
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

Carp (06-21-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    "We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die," he tweeted. "150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone."

Here's what I think happened: "Mr. President, the military isn't going to start a war over an unmanned drone."
    Well he literally lies every day, so I'd say it's pretty likely it didn't go down as he said. What you said is far more likely. I assume the General had to talk some sense into him that killing innocent civilians over an effing drone would not go over well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    an effing drone in Iranian airspace

What a rally in Orlando, huh ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts

Oh, I don't know. Bolton and Pompeo were probably in the corner whacking their weasels over the prospects of bombing Iran when the President pulled the plug. As much as I despise Trump, he's probably the sanest one of those three. Low bar, I know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I know there is a lot to talk about, but maybe this deserves a little attention.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...ccusation.html
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

"I am your retribution."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Oh, I don't know. Bolton and Pompeo were probably in the corner whacking their weasels over the prospects of bombing Iran when the President pulled the plug. As much as I despise Trump, he's probably the sanest one of those three. Low bar, I know.
    I think Trump knows that military conflict with Iran will be bad for him in the long run. I’m glad he’s smart enough to recognize this, but the larger situation is an illustration of how poor his leadership and strategic acumen are. Pulling out of the JCPOA and allowing hawks like Bolton and Pompeo to freelance have created a situation where we may could be one misunderstanding or miscalculation away from bloodshed.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Runnin (06-22-2019)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I’ve been told that this was litigated in November 2016, so, yannow, nothing to see here.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I think Trump knows that military conflict with Iran will be bad for him in the long run. I’m glad he’s smart enough to recognize this, but the larger situation is an illustration of how poor his leadership and strategic acumen are. Pulling out of the JCPOA and allowing hawks like Bolton and Pompeo to freelance have created a situation where we may could be one misunderstanding or miscalculation away from bloodshed.
    I've always thought that decision was largely predicated on the preference of Netanyahu and little else. I guess I say that at risk of being branded an anti-Semite, but what the JCPOA did more than anything else (in my eyes) was limit Israel's ability to act unilaterally against Iran. It still may be difficult for the Israelis if they were to go that route, but if they did, the United States would be in a position of neutrality (more or less).

But Bolton and Pompeo are a couple of complete and total knuckleheads, especially Bolton. All I can say that is remotely positive about Bolton is that at least he had the cojones to join the National Guard and not take the drummed-up deferment route that W's brood of chickenhawks (and our very bold current denizen of the Oval Office) did.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Runnin (06-22-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    How is it possible to defend anything about Iran and the JCPOA when it was revealed they essentially skirted around the overarching purpose of the agreement? How about their export of terror across the middle east and use of proxys to launch rockets into israel.

Trump is right to not engage and its funny the talk was about him starting a nuclear war.

But this is not caused by any action of the US. This is all a result of Iran acting like a state sponsored terrorist organization and anything otherwise is well an example of trump adjacent hatred.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    How is it possible to defend anything about Iran and the JCPOA when it was revealed they essentially skirted around the overarching purpose of the agreement? How about their export of terror across the middle east and use of proxys to launch rockets into israel.

Trump is right to not engage and its funny the talk was about him starting a nuclear war.

But this is not caused by any action of the US. This is all a result of Iran acting like a state sponsored terrorist organization and anything otherwise is well an example of trump adjacent hatred.

Haven’t you learned by now everything is Trumps fault? I mean...... except for the booming economy because everyone knows that Obama put that in motion.

I’m all for bombing Iran. They deserve it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I wouldn't use the word "sane" but I hear what you are saying. I do think Trump's power has been significantly diminished.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

This situation is ALL of Trump's making. He should never have gotten out of the JCPOA if his plan was to protect America and peace in the ME. Better to have an agreement even if Iran is trying to skirt around it. But if he wants chaos and conflict...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    This situation is ALL of Trump's making. He should never have gotten out of the JCPOA if his plan was to protect America and peace in the ME. Better to have an agreement even if Iran is trying to skirt around it. But if he wants chaos and conflict...
    This is absolutely bat**** crazy. Crippling them economically was the only option and obamas approach was an epic failure.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Catching up.

Trying to figure out if Trump is a disaster because of a war with Iran... or if he is a disaster because he called off a war with Iran.