Page 672 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1725726226626706716726736746827227721172 ... LastLast
Results 13,421 to 13,440 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Don't like his persona but reading the MSM, it seems that he nailed it based on a lot of polls.

Snowflake Liberals (Berney's Brigade) are besides themselves.

Of course us blacks are forgotten just like every president since 1965, a token, we just see it as "ho-hum"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Over 40% democrats approved. That's a huge number.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-31-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Don't like his persona but reading the MSM, it seems that he nailed it based on a lot of polls.

Snowflake Liberals (Berney's Brigade) are besides themselves.

Of course us blacks are forgotten just like every president since 1965, a token, we just see it as "ho-hum"
    Black caucus wouldn't even cheer fir record black unemployment. There us a reason why blacks haven't prospered as much as they should have the last 30 years.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (01-31-2018)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Black caucus wouldn't even cheer fir record black unemployment. There us a reason why blacks haven't prospered as much as they should have the last 30 years.
    yep.

The Democrats hold us down by saying that it is okay not to finish school, not to be dads, that committing crimes is okay as we will put you in jail a long time to keep the prior two in motion.

Like I told my pops when I ask "What have Democrats done for us?" He couldn't answer. When I say well if we take responsibility for ourselves which they don't want, then we can do whatever the heck we want. Republicans will hire us if we show the effort, Democrats won't because they need us on the payroll for votes.

My owners are 130% Republican, yet they hired me and beg and plead I don't leave. The previous job in this city were Democrats and got rid of me because I was black (I did sic the ACLU/NAACP on them and nothing was done because of their Democrat status). They were a clique of snowflakes (100% Progressives in climate and Alt-Left philosophy) thinking that blacks are not good enough for their job. Well considering my schooling and history I should be their manager but that is how it goes and why I don't trust Dems at all and why I give 57 a hard time, because he thinks like a slave master/honkey.

I told my female co worker who has trained me in the arts of programming at a higher level and she asked me "if I was black the most annoying thing to me is a for a white person to say I don't understand my black heritage and black way of thinking? You preach this to me every week and I come to respect you and your people because of it."

I said yep and that is why I call 57 names. He doesn't understand black people, nor does Runnin. We are not your typical Dems, we only vote that way but because of our Christian upbringing we are socially Conservative, totally, more so than white Evangelist and they can't stand it.

I despise the Democrats because they use and abuse us blacks and those like us are trying to bring that understanding to the fold. It might take years or decades but it will be done.

And Republicans, we are not going to flock to your side either. We might share the Christian/Evangelical part of your Party and that is where it stops. We don't like greedy people who aren't willing to at least try and help us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Sudeep Reddy‏Verified account @Reddy

A year ago, Trump hosted Harley-Davidson executives and praised them.

On Tuesday, the company announced plans to close a factory and lay off 800 people.

Its CEO partly blamed Trump’s decision to quit TPP. “That would have helped us a lot.”
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    No voter should be in any side. Each election should be anew. Whoever speaks to your core issues should earn your vote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Bakari Sellers
    ‏Verified account @Bakari_Sellers
    11h11 hours ago

Under Trump job creation hit a 7 year low and

wages remained stagnant.

#FactCheck
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Incredible that chain migration elimination is booed
    I'd say that's because it was framed as something that brings murderous gang-bangers to the country instead of something that increases immigrants' social capital by coherently unifying families in the embrace of American opportunity.

If you want to have a meaningful dialogue about the subject, start with facts and not demogouguery.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (01-31-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I'd say that's because it was framed as something that brings murderous gang-bangers to the country instead of something that increases immigrants' social capital by coherently unifying families in the embrace of American opportunity.

If you want to have a meaningful dialogue about the subject, start with facts and not demogouguery.
    Virtue signal all you want. Chain migration is an awful policy and the American people agree with that.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Virtue signal all you want. Chain migration is an awful policy and the American people agree with that.
    Polling has been very consistent over the last several years that the number of Americans who support current levels of immigration, or even more, is considerably larger than those who support less.

Even if you take the position that there should be less legal immigration, there are ways to get there that would be less radical and disruptive than a blanket policy that eliminates family reunification...which, despite what you and the President suggest, is currently neither unlimited, easy, nor expedient.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts

Gosh it's annoying when issues are anecdotal emotional appeals, isn't it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Bakari Sellers
    ‏Verified account @Bakari_Sellers
    11h11 hours ago

Under Trump job creation hit a 7 year low and

wages remained stagnant.

#FactCheck
    I have a feeling we will be seeing some actual wage growth this year.

And then I have a feeling it will be described as crumbs

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-31-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Polling has been very consistent over the last several years that the number of Americans who support current levels of immigration, or even more, is considerably larger than those who support less.

Even if you take the position that there should be less legal immigration, there are ways to get there that would be less radical and disruptive than a blanket policy that eliminates family reunification...which, despite what you and the President suggest, is currently neither unlimited, easy, nor expedient.
    I have seen the phrasing of some of those poll questions, and some of them were highly suggestive. Not quite Are you a horrible person, or do you think the US should continue current immigration rates? but close enough. We have also seen two things in the recent past that should reduce how much influence we give these polls; the 2016 election polls, and the 2016 election of an immigration hardliner.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

I have no issue with legal merit based immigration. ****...expand the number for all I care. But blind acceptance in this country has to stop and majority of Americans believe in that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    I didn't get to hear all of it. What didn't you like?
    1. Infrastructure spending (not what the fed should be doing)

2. End the sequester of military spending (we spend d way too much already)

3. Sounded like he wants to expand the war on drugs

4. Said he wants to force drug prices down

5. Sounded WAY too hawkish on military

6. Applauded decision to keep GITMO open

7. Investment in job training (not fed job)

Many others I'm sure.

I was just laughing when Dems were sulking about the celebration of low unemployment, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I have a feeling we will be seeing some actual wage growth this year.

And then I have a feeling it will be described as crumbs
    I got my first serving of crumbs on my last paycheck. The crumbs were delicious.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    1. Infrastructure spending (not what the fed should be doing)
    I disagree, if we are talking about infrastructure that genuinely supports interstate commerce. You have to do these things during prosperous times or they will never get done. Expanding the capacity of our ports, freight rails, and interstate highways would go a long way to increasing economic prosperity, and is within the Constitutionally defined role of the federal government as long as it pertains to items relevant to interstate commerce (as I see it.)

2. End the sequester of military spending (we spend d way too much already)
    Disagree again, mainly because of how the current spending limits have programmed military spending. Service branches are told how they have to spend every dollar. By bureaucrats. Even the DoD has very little discretion in reprogramming how the money is spent. The amount of decline in our military readiness over the past few years due to this idiocy is difficult to overstate.

3. Sounded like he wants to expand the war on drugs
    I hope that he means the more realistic war to keep drugs out of the country (which would fall within the federal role of securing the borders.) Increased prosecution inside our borders is a fool's errand requiring vast resources and producing little, whereas minor surges in enforcement outside of the US have proven to be productive. Another case of needing to set a budget and then let experts decide how to use it best.

4. Said he wants to force drug prices down
    An admirable and humane goal. Probably penny wise and pound foolish, but that depends entirely on Big Pharma delivering on the research side. I think Julio posted something recently that showed Big Pharma has stopped delivering.

5. Sounded WAY too hawkish on military
    Agreed. We diverted a huge amount of military spending to the Army over the past 25 years to go on our Middle East escapades. There should be plenty of that money to go around now. Reprogram it instead of reinforcing it.

6. Applauded decision to keep GITMO open
    I don't get it.

7. Investment in job training (not fed job)
    While I agree in principle, I think we both feel that the entitlement industry is also not the federal government's job. The entitlements aren't going away, so maybe this can reduce the demand for them and at least be productive. I would feel better (again) if it was a reprogramming of existing entitlement funds instead of a new entitlement that we can never ever ever get rid of without being called racist/sexist/ageist/whatever PC-ist term, but we know that simply isn't possible with entitlements.

Many others I'm sure.

I was just laughing when Dems were sulking about the celebration of low unemployment, etc.
    The responses of both parties to the SoTU have been shameful since sometime during the Pelosi/Bush years. I gave up watching Presidential speeches when the SC rep screamed "You lie", or whatever it was, a few years ago. Grow up, all of you.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I have seen the phrasing of some of those poll questions, and some of them were highly suggestive. Not quite Are you a horrible person, or do you think the US should continue current immigration rates? but close enough. We have also seen two things in the recent past that should reduce how much influence we give these polls; the 2016 election polls, and the 2016 election of an immigration hardliner.
    ...who lost the popular vote. It does matter when you try to claim the popular mandate for signature policies.

Parse the poll questions however you like, but I would find it surprising if you could point to broad popular support for massive restrictions on legal immigration, which is the bottom line of what we're talking about here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    ...who lost the popular vote. It does matter when you try to claim the popular mandate for signature policies.

Parse the poll questions however you like, but I would find it surprising if you could point to broad popular support for massive restrictions on legal immigration, which is the bottom line of what we're talking about here.
    Conflating legal immigration and chain migration is wrong. When asked Americans do not favor chain migration.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Conflating legal immigration and chain migration is wrong. When asked Americans do not favor chain migration.
    But it's...legal immigration.