Page 1218 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 21871811181168120812161217121812191220122812681318 ... LastLast
Results 24,341 to 24,360 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I voted for Obama in 2008 partly because I did not like Romney (I have come around). In 2012, I supported McCain. He is the only politician I've given money to. And then he chose Sarah Palin. So when they called me to ask for a second donation, I asked my money back. It was a memorable conversation. I was on vacation and having dinner at a swanky restaurant on the water. I stepped out because it got a bit heated and remember yelling at some poor lady while walking on the beach that I wanted my money back.
    You got that backwards sir. McCain was 2008. Romnney was 2012.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    You got that backwards sir. McCain was 2008. Romnney was 2012.
    fixed
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    McCain will probably end up being the last Republican I vote for in a presidential race. Altogether fitting.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    McCain letting the party choose Palin as his running mate ultimately was his undoing. .
    well, Palin was his running mate. In the end it was his choice.

I find it hard to square people talking about the divisiveness in politics then point to McCain as someone that crossed lines. All the while his putting Palin a heart attack away. McCain's ambition out weighed good sense. Not a good trait in a leader. At any level

the lines McCain crossed were pretty much based on Obama's middle name and skin color

at the convention she lambasted Obama for not being a mayor in Alaska but rather, mockingly in air quote " a community organizer "
    and toward the end of the campaign suggested 2nd amendment solutions.
    This is 18 months before she gained party superstar status and placing a bullseye on Gabby Giffords.

yes, McCain gave the country Sarah Palin.
    Giving him that pass is like saying Hitler was alright except for that thing with Czechoslovakia
    Before her candidacy became history - to anyone paying attention this was viewed as a colossal mis judgement on his part
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (02-12-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    well, Palin was his running mate. In the end it was his choice.

I find it hard to square people talking about the divisiveness in politics then point to McCain as someone that crossed lines. All the while his putting Palin a heart attack away. McCain's ambition out weighed good sense. Not a good trait in a leader. At any level

the lines McCain crossed were pretty much based on Obama's middle name and skin color

at the convention she lambasted Obama for not being a mayor in Alaska but rather, mockingly in air quote " a community organizer "
    and toward the end of the campaign suggested 2nd amendment solutions.
    This is 18 months before she gained party superstar status and placing a bullseye on Gabby Giffords.

yes, McCain gave the country Sarah Palin.
    Giving him that pass is like saying Hitler was alright except for that thing with Czechoslovakia
    Before her candidacy became history - to anyone paying attention this was viewed as a colossal mis judgement on his part
    Wow, you're comparisons are incredibly terrible.

Palin was pushed on him by the party. He didn't choose her, at least in the traditional sense. Lieberman was his choice and the party basically told him no. He was left with few options and his campaign thought Palin would collect the Tea Party vote, as well as the women vote.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    McCain will probably end up being the last Republican I vote for in a presidential race. Altogether fitting.
    Same...I’ve gone McCain, Johnson, Johnson in the three I’ve been old enough to vote in. I can’t really see voting for a Republican, given the direction the party has drifted, unless they shift course post-Trump.

For 2020, in a hypothetical situation where I was forced to choose between Trump and either Sanders or Warren, I’d vote for Trump, but thankfully in reality I’ll have the option of staying home. Or voting for the Libertarian, assuming they run someone worth leaving the house for. I’d consider Pete or Bloomberg (among the viable Dems), but they’d have an uphill battle to get my vote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Palin was pushed on him by the party. He didn't choose her, at least in the traditional sense. Lieberman was his choice and the party basically told him no. He was left with few options and his campaign thought Palin would collect the Tea Party vote, as well as the women vote.

History will forever be etched with McCain-Palin. No caveats of McCain - that woman forced on him.
    He said yes

There was no TeaParty in 2008
    ………….

Curious anyone else's thoughts ?
    did Palin lower the bar that made feasible a Donald Trump run for POTUS ?
    ………..

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts

That comparison makes even less sense when you think about it for more than 2 seconds.

He's essentially saying "Czechoslovakia" is considered to be Hitler's one big sin, and if you could get past that he might have been a good guy. But you shouldn't: the only thing that matters about Hitler is "Czechoslovakia."

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metaphysicist For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (02-12-2020), Carp (02-13-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Was that what I said ?
    Hmm

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (02-15-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Andrew G. McCabe, the former deputy F.B.I. director and a frequent target of President Trump, will not face charges in an investigation into whether he lied to investigators about a media leak, his defense team said on Friday.

The decision by prosecutors in Washington ends a case that had left Mr. McCabe in legal limbo for nearly two years. It also appears to be a sign that Attorney General William P. Barr wants to show that the Justice Department is independent from Mr. Trump: The notification came a day after Mr. Barr publicly challenged the president to stop attacking law enforcement officials on Twitter and said the criticisms were making his job more difficult.

The prosecutors informed Mr. McCabe’s lawyers of their decision by phone on Friday morning, the lawyers, Michael R. Bromwich and David Schertler, said in a statement.

“We said at the outset of the criminal investigation, almost two years ago, that if the facts and the law determined the result, no charges would be brought,” they said. “We are pleased that Andrew McCabe and his family can go on with their lives without this cloud hanging over them.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/u...ccabe-fbi.html

chalk up another W for deep state

"I am your retribution."

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Andrew G. McCabe, the former deputy F.B.I. director and a frequent target of President Trump, will not face charges in an investigation into whether he lied to investigators about a media leak, his defense team said on Friday.

The decision by prosecutors in Washington ends a case that had left Mr. McCabe in legal limbo for nearly two years. It also appears to be a sign that Attorney General William P. Barr wants to show that the Justice Department is independent from Mr. Trump: The notification came a day after Mr. Barr publicly challenged the president to stop attacking law enforcement officials on Twitter and said the criticisms were making his job more difficult.

The prosecutors informed Mr. McCabe’s lawyers of their decision by phone on Friday morning, the lawyers, Michael R. Bromwich and David Schertler, said in a statement.

“We said at the outset of the criminal investigation, almost two years ago, that if the facts and the law determined the result, no charges would be brought,” they said. “We are pleased that Andrew McCabe and his family can go on with their lives without this cloud hanging over them.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/u...ccabe-fbi.html

chalk up another W for deep state
    Too bad MAGAs won't see that the investigation was announced during the Mueller stuff to make the investigators look crooked and biased against Don... they won't remember they were gaslighted.

When Durham comes with nothing of consequence they won't remember how they were gaslighted either...
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    History will forever be etched with McCain-Palin. No caveats of McCain - that woman forced on him.
    He said yes

There was no TeaParty in 2008
    ………….

Curious anyone else's thoughts ?
    did Palin lower the bar that made feasible a Donald Trump run for POTUS ?
    ………..

No, if anyone did it was GWB.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Now that McCabe is fully exonerated Republicans are complaining about a two tiered justice system. You know. The thing they have spent 100 years telling black people doesn't exist.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://www.motherjones.com/politics...pease-erdogan/

The teflon Don, paragon of virtue and drainer of the swamp, had the OG AG not prosecute a corrupt Turkish bank as a favor to Erdogan. This only changed after Turkey bombed the Kurds.

So much for caring about corruption.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    I hope that people on all sides now realize the need for a truly independent justice department. I'm not totally sure how that would work but there are methods that have been employed with other departments. Right now the Presidency has too much influence over investigations and prosecutions. It's a dangerous power for him to wield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Our whole legal system is bull**** layered on bull****.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

why do they lie to their supporters ?
    about the stupidest schitt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I hope that people on all sides now realize the need for a truly independent justice department. I'm not totally sure how that would work but there are methods that have been employed with other departments. Right now the Presidency has too much influence over investigations and prosecutions. It's a dangerous power for him to wield.
    No need for lawyers in this system. It's all about who you can bribe.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR