Page 821 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3217217718118198208218228238318719211321 ... LastLast
Results 16,401 to 16,420 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Can someone clearly explain why trump's war on people of color is not a form of ethic cleansing ?

Please scratch that phrase "a form of "
    thanks
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I'm sure he will be fired from his [checks notes] very occasional work in films no one watches.
    i was going to say the free market isn't fair and it's funny for him to think the market he loves cares about treating people as equals

but your response works too
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://nypost.com/2018/06/23/north-...ce=reddit.coma

North Korea taking down anti American propoganda.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    The violence many of these people are fleeing is a result of our war on drugs. As a result cartels have enough money to buy the police who would rather take the money than risk their and their families lives.

Where have all the trumpeteers gone?

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

It’s over."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I'm sure he will be fired from his [checks notes] very occasional work in films no one watches.
    He has an upcoming movie with Sony pictures that they are not pulling.

And for the record, I don't think they should.

But it's just another example that conservatives are much less tolerated

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    He has an upcoming movie with Sony pictures that they are not pulling.

And for the record, I don't think they should.

But it's just another example that conservatives are much less tolerated
    Really, this has been the backbone of "conservatism" for quite a while. Just fillin diapers.

Celebrities and public figures have said various politically -charged and/or gross things over the years. Sometimes there are professional consequences. Sometimes there aren't. I promise you I could play the example/counterexample game with you all day. It's dumb, and if you insist on playing it and think it means something, it mostly just demonstrates cynicism and lack of substance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Haha ok.

Remember you promised me we don't have a speech problem in this country.

And to be fair, whenever I post substance (data), the conversation kinda ends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    ACLU is considering dropping total defense of the first amendment. I would say its a problem.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Haha ok.

Pffff. Bull****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Haha ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Haha ok.

Do you think the 1st Amendment is in existential crisis? We have all manner of problems in this country, and you and I aren't going to agree on which are the most pressing and dangerous. You just seem to think that everyone else's failure to similarly prioritize things is an intellectual or dialectical defect. It's misguided and tiresome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Do you think the 1st Amendment is in existential crisis? We have all manner of problems in this country, and you and I aren't going to agree on which are the most pressing and dangerous. You just seem to think that everyone else's failure to similarly prioritize things is an intellectual or dialectical defect. It's misguided and tiresome.
    Talk about tiresome

I can't remember the last you took a position on anything other than "sturg is wrong"

Meanwhile, I think the first amendment is ok but I think society is crushing free expression of thought that doesn't toe the liberal line. The other day I didn't retweet the data about women's degrees (which I posted here and the conversation ended, by the way), because I wasn't sure who would see it.

How sad is it that I can't feel comfortable literally just posting data. It's already gotten me in trouble once

The Artist Formally Known as

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Talk about tiresome

I can't remember the last you took a position on anything other than "sturg is wrong"

Meanwhile, I think the first amendment is ok but I think society is crushing free expression of thought that doesn't toe the liberal line. The other day I didn't retweet the data about women's degrees (which I posted here and the conversation ended, by the way), because I wasn't sure who would see it.

How sad is it that I can't feel comfortable literally just posting data. It's already gotten me in trouble once
    If you live in the south in conservative communities, it could literally be the opposite (aka can’t say you support gay rights or egalitarian roles for women without consequences). Heck, I don’t feel comfortable saying I’m against separating families in my own household.

I think it’s less about what you can post and more a realization that what you say online follows you forever, so you might as well not say anything controversial at all using your name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Talk about tiresome

Just for the record, I think you are a tiresome broken record as a poster, and either cosmically obtuse or else regularly arguing in bad faith, but it is not uncommon for me to agree with you. I largely agree with you about immigration, for example. And I agree that calling the cops on an 8-y-o selling bottled water is rank horse****. That doesn't mean I draw the same conclusions that you do, though.

As for "data," your tendency is to rely on a single point of data to serve as the be-all, end-all for a deep and complex conversation. Good example: the gun violence thread. You posted some information about decreasing rate of gun deaths. Valid counterpoints were made by others, including myself. I directed you toward a Harvard School of Public Health compendium that effectively underscored some of the other problems with a heavily armed society, and...crickets. So, the very thing that you are complaining about cuts both ways, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Just for the record, I think you are a tiresome broken record as a poster, and either cosmically obtuse or else regularly arguing in bad faith, but it is not uncommon for me to agree with you. I largely agree with you about immigration, for example. And I agree that calling the cops on an 8-y-o selling bottled water is rank horse****. That doesn't mean I draw the same conclusions that you do, though.

As for "data," your tendency is to rely on a single point of data to serve as the be-all, end-all for a deep and complex conversation. Good example: the gun violence thread. You posted some information about decreasing rate of gun deaths. Valid counterpoints were made by others, including myself. I directed you toward a Harvard School of Public Health compendium that effectively underscored some of the other problems with a heavily armed society, and...crickets. So, the very thing that you are complaining about cuts both ways, right?
    I don't care if you find me a tiresome poster. If not for my viewpoint in here it would be a jerkoff of occupy Democrats fake info memes (which you're never eager.to correct, I notice)

I also never intentionally dont answer questions directed at me. If I missed it, it's like due to travel which I do often and fall behind. I'm one of the few posters here who actually answers direct questions but rarely get the favor returned.

90% of everything posted here is emotion... I try to bring data to the discussion and it usually stops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Managuarantano's Volunteers View Post
    If you live in the south in conservative communities, it could literally be the opposite (aka can’t say you support gay rights or egalitarian roles for women without consequences). Heck, I don’t feel comfortable saying I’m against separating families in my own household.

I think it’s less about what you can post and more a realization that what you say online follows you forever, so you might as well not say anything controversial at all using your name.
    This is an excellent point. I've lived most of my adult life as a politically-liberal-to-left person in a bastion of know-nothing, reflexive social conservatism. I ran a small business there for 15 years. I'm quite aware of the potential consequences of speaking my mind. I've had concrete experiences to this effect. I'm currently working at a non-denominational and completely apolitical non-profit, which is entirely funded by private grants and donations. I don't have the latitude to run my dumbass mouth, so the whining about conservative viewpoints being silenced by the culture at large ring kind of hollow to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I don't care if you find me a tiresome poster. If not for my viewpoint in here it would be a jerkoff of occupy Democrats fake info memes (which you're never eager.to correct, I notice)

I also never intentionally dont answer questions directed at me. If I missed it, it's like due to travel which I do often and fall behind. I'm one of the few posters here who actually answers direct questions but rarely get the favor returned.

90% of everything posted here is emotion... I try to bring data to the discussion and it usually stops.
    You do you, man. I'm just telling you that you are wrong in your interpretation of what it means when you post "data."

And, yes, I endeavor to keep you honest about posting fake ****, while ignoring others, not from ideological convictions, but because 1) I find it funny and 2) you have a personal style which invites it: insulting the intelligence of other posters, etc. I appreciate your point of view and your full-throated advocacy for your beliefs, and I think you're so often chucking stones from a glass house that I think it worthwhile to tell you so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Anytime I post something wrong I want it corrected.

Don't want to turn in 57

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Haha ok.

question: can you remember a time when delving into the data changed your mind about something
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."