Page 380 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 2803303703783793803813823904304808801380 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,600 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I'm shocked all of this has come out since the orange piece of **** has become president
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (08-15-2017), mossy (08-14-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    I don't like the idea tearing down statues. To me, it borders on book burning. But, it isn't something worth getting this angry about.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (08-15-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Yeah, they're the same thing.
    Oh my.

How?

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Murica. You still happy with your disgusting mutant cheeto you've been brainwashed into thinking is a leader? You happy to support him along side the KKK? You happy with the double standard of what is labeled as terror?

Me, I can look myself in the mirror and proudly say neither deserved my vote. Just wonder if you enjoy the egotistical maniac purposely deteriorating our country day by day with arrogance, bigotry, and hate.

I completely understand why there were reasons people didn't want the Clintons back in, I really do. But hey, those emails over anything DJT has done to this point, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Yeah, they're the same thing.
    Nazism is the German, anti semitic version of Fascism. American Neo-Nazis are probably just racists looking for a cause to validate themselves.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

Hawk (08-14-2017)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I don't like the idea tearing down statues. To me, it borders on book burning. But, it isn't something worth getting this angry about.
    Dude, how can you be so insensitive? If someone from the let's feelings are hurt we must act

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Lol. I've been watching the Gavin Mcinness...
    Nativism...now with jokes!

What I see with him is this whole wanna-be edgy schtick that kinda coyly plays around the fringes of the stuff that the admitted white nationalists will just flat out say without equivocation. He can either keep on the periphery or have the luxury to fall back on "it was just a joke..." when he crosses a line. I suppose that's the schtick, but I think it's ultimately quite chicken**** (just like when your man Milo did it). At least the hardcore WNs just say what they are without trying to invent some circumspect, low-cal way of doing the same thing.

there being so few right wing comedy shows.

Why is that, I wonder?

I love how this guilt by association and racism game only works in one direction

In my experience, it usually works in the direction of people who write for VDARE and American Renaissance being racist as hell. As a wise man said in this very thread: "you are what you read."

Does the fact that he's friends with Samantha Bee and Jason Jones count?

Wait, who's the black friend?

The fact that he's married to a native american make a difference?

Well, she's not of good European stock, but on the flipside, she's not an immigrant. All that really signifies to me is that the non-lite WNs make fun of him.

[i]he's far from what the lefty media is desperate to portray him as[/]

The only way I've ever seen him portrayed in the media is as a provocateur who tries to push anti-pc buttons and flirt with alt-right BS without crossing into diesel wn territory...basically maintaining a certain veneer while offering a transgressive thrill to people who aren't ready for or can't stomach the hard stuff. Which, imo, hits the nail on the head pretty squarely.

(Also, he's not particularly funny, but I'll grant that's a subjective judgement.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Nativism...now with jokes!

What I see with him is this whole wanna-be edgy schtick that kinda coyly plays around the fringes of the stuff that the admitted white nationalists will just flat out say without equivocation. He can either keep on the periphery or have the luxury to fall back on "it was just a joke..." when he crosses a line. I suppose that's the schtick, but I think it's ultimately quite chicken**** (just like when your man Milo did it). At least the hardcore WNs just say what they are without trying to invent some circumspect, low-cal way of doing the same thing.

there being so few right wing comedy shows.

Why is that, I wonder?

I love how this guilt by association and racism game only works in one direction

In my experience, it usually works in the direction of people who write for VDARE and American Renaissance being racist as hell. As a wise man said in this very thread: "you are what you read."

Does the fact that he's friends with Samantha Bee and Jason Jones count?

Wait, who's the black friend?

The fact that he's married to a native american make a difference?

Well, she's not of good European stock, but on the flipside, she's not an immigrant. All that really signifies to me is that the non-lite WNs make fun of him.

[i]he's far from what the lefty media is desperate to portray him as[/]

The only way I've ever seen him portrayed in the media is as a provocateur who tries to push anti-pc buttons and flirt with alt-right BS without crossing into diesel wn territory...basically maintaining a certain veneer while offering a transgressive thrill to people who aren't ready for or can't stomach the hard stuff. Which, imo, hits the nail on the head pretty squarely.

(Also, he's not particularly funny, but I'll grant that's a subjective judgement.)
    Are you Miles Mcinnes?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Are you Miles Mcinnes?

I used to love Gavin when he appeared on Red Eye years ago. Than one day he started 'performing' as a drunk dad, a cousin etc on the show . does he still do that? That shtick got old. Last I heard he opened a restaurant in NYC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Off the radar for a few days were the POTUS empty threats of unilaterally striking N Korea - without provocation . Just cuz he was feeling that way.
    The next day he began walking back that language and then Charlottesville .

In Seoul, Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr., the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, assured President Moon Jae-in of South Korea that military options against North Korea were a last resort. His message was the latest effort to reinforce a sense of calm that was earlier telegraphed by Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson.

Taken together, the administration’s tempered words underscored the complex reality that Mr. Trump faces in Asia: Having explicitly linked China’s cooperation on North Korea with his trade policy toward Beijing, the president is now softening his tough trade rhetoric to enlist China’s support in combating a nuclear threat from Pyongyang.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/14/u...T.nav=top-news
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    taking down statues of the losers of the civil war = book burning

that's some good trumpish logic if i have ever seen em
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

This is from Christopher Cantwell's site/podcast, the guy featured in the Vice News ep above, and shows the pure evil we're facing.

Radical Agenda EP343 – Aftermath

August 14, 2017 Chris

We’ll have to do this later. Something came up and I have to leave where I’m at right now. Sorry.

Here at the Radical Agenda, we’ve always had a good appreciation for language. I’m a writer and a talk show host, so it is sort of a requirement of my profession. After this weekend’s festivities however, talk seems rather dull.

In case you’ve been living under a rock, I’m talking about the mayhem that currently plagues the national news channels. I was down in Charlottesville, Virginia for the Unite the Right rally in Lee Park. We went there to protest the planned removal of a monument to confederate General Robert E. Lee.

Depending on your measurements, I’d say this was quite the success. Nobody of any value died in the riots. I’m genuinely sorry to hear about the officers and their glorious helicopter, but try as they may to blame it on us, we love helicopters and would never dream of shooting one down as it kept an eye on our enemies. Our men acted righteously, only fighting against combatants, and acting in self defense. Though we were heavily armed, we showed extraordinary restraint, and not a shot was fired. The hero, James Fields, has a rough time ahead of him, but now that video evidence shows communists attacking his vehicle with a weapon, no jury with a white man on it will convict him of murder.

I personally got to join in the festivities, thanks to University of Virginia being a gun free zone. Usually I have to try really hard to avoid fights due to the pistols I wear more frequently than underwear. Having been told I was allowed neither my weapons nor my ballistic vest on campus, I knew once the red hordes started swinging that I had to begin physically removing Democrats and communists with my pepper spray and bare hands, posthaste.

It was glorious. It seems like an eternity that I have wanted so badly to become a less verbose warrior. We knew for years that there were no more arguments to be made, but my sincere desire for peace and civility prevented me from breaking the law. It wasn’t until this day that they finally gave me the legal justification to test my new muscles, and I physically removed at least four reds before they finally soaked me in bear mace, taking me out of commission for the next few minutes while they scattered like cockroaches.

The next day, the Democrat run government proved their corruption to the world, by ignoring a court order and treating our demonstration like it lacked a permit. The day after that, they proved it again, allowing a communist to punch Jason Kessler, catching the perpetrator, and releasing him without charges. Now that assault has apparently been legalized in Virginia, perhaps we can begin solving these problems in the private sector.

There is so much to say, but that’s what I have a microphone for. I’m interested to hear from all of you as well of course, so give me a call at 747-234-2254 or RadicalAgenda on Skype.

So join us for a late night (probably audio only) edition of the Radical Agenda, live from an undisclosed location just outside of Virginia. The show will start just after 9pm, when Tucker Carlson ends. I’ve been waiting to see his reaction to the first battle of the coming American Civil War, and I cannot let anything interfere with that. This will either be the greatest day of his career, or the day he confirmed he was a cuck, and jumped the shark.

One thing is for sure, we here at the Radical Agenda are just getting started, and if those red bastards think it hurt when I maced and beat them, the pain they will feel from the rise of this production will drive them to voluntarily join Heather Heyer in hell.

And I will delight in their demise.
    Last edited by goldfly; 08-15-2017 at 02:32 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    taking down statues of the losers of the civil war = book burning

that's some good trumpish logic if i have ever seen em
    Sure you could look at it that way. Or realize that some of these men were great, extremely respected men regardless of what side they fought for. Statues are not only historical monuments, but they also have art and cultural significance as well.

But like I said, it's not worth getting angry over. If they tear it down or one's like it, I won't lose any sleep. I hope they don't make a habit out of this type of behavior though. Otherwise, why look up to any historical figure ever? Certainly you can find abhorrent behavior displayed by basically anyone that ever lived.
    Last edited by Carp; 08-15-2017 at 02:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Sure you could look at it that way. Or realize that some of these men were great, extremely respected men regardless of what side they fought for. Statues are not only historical monuments, but they also have art and cultural significance as well.
    And they can be easily replaced with another statue.

How about one with a black man hanging from a tree?

Or a slave in shackles and chains, maybe a head sticking out of a head and hands restraint device with face in extreme agony? That could be culturally significant as well.

A hooded KKK member with a burning torch? That would be a popular tourist site for sure.

A slave tied at the whipping post with back striped and bleeding?

Here's a great idea: a big, fat mammie slave suckling a white baby.

Would these statues be any more repulsive to white southerners than Robert E. Lee sitting dignified and regal on a horse is to African Americans? Robert E. Lee was a great man and general, but leading the South was the least great thing about him. There should be a statue with his face showing the disgrace and personal torment he no doubt battled.
    Last edited by Runnin; 08-15-2017 at 03:54 AM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

57Brave (08-15-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Caroline O.‏ @RVAwonk 11h11 hours ago

Taking down Confederate monuments is not erasing history - it's declaring that some parts of history belong in a museum, not on a pedestal.

couldn't have said it better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Interesting seeing the dates of standing for most of these "monuments"
    Height of Jim Crow or

Majority of rest were stood during Civil Rights Era.

Making America Great Again

not about race aye ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-15-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

But like I said, it's not worth getting angry over. If they tear it down or one's like it, I won't lose any sleep. I hope they don't make a habit out of this type of behavior though. Otherwise, why look up to any historical figure ever? Certainly you can find abhorrent behavior displayed by basically anyone that ever lived.
    Great and respected by whom ?
    Slave holders or purveyors of free labor.

Yeah, why look up to anyone without the context of why you are looking up to him> are you looking up to Robert E Lee for what he was or because some bigoted organization decided to intimidate with a statue.

Being of Italian decent I completely understand why there are no statues in Little Italy NY for Lucky Luchiano.
    He too was greatly respected

Or Las Vegas for Bugsy Segal -- shoot he invented the place

Read a ****ing book once in a while
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-15-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Interesting seeing the dates of standing for most of these "monuments"
    Height of Jim Crow or

Majority of rest were stood during Civil Rights Era.

Making America Great Again

not about race aye ?
    I can't recall which of Trump's policy positions was racist. Can you remind me?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I can't recall which of Trump's policy positions was racist. Can you remind me?
    Making America Great again is a racist slogan? And the left wants to know why they lose.