Page 894 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3947948448848928938948958969049449941394 ... LastLast
Results 17,861 to 17,880 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Rump View Post
    Trump only hires the best people.

He's never met Whitaker, only heard of him.
    So he hired him to be the top law enforcement official in the country (even temporarily) based only having heard about him.

At the same time, we know he's lying about it. So incompetent or a liar. Either one, he still gets a pass I guess.

Loved the military and our vets. Exploits them in tweets any chance he can get. Skips out on WW1 thing, skips out on Arlington today. Says he cant visit troops overseas because hes too busy doing things. Already a tremendous amount of days at his golf courses.
    lock im up
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Correct. But you are not interested in being informed anymore... TDS has taken you

In a story Nov. 10 about President Donald Trump canceling a planned visit to a cemetery for Americans killed in World War I, The Associated Press reported that the Secret Service determines when it's safe to fly Marine One, the president's helicopter. The story should have made clear that the Marine Corps and White House Military Office make the determination to ground the president's helicopter due to bad weather. The military office then presents the recommendation to the White House in collaboration with the Secret Service.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    The guy who said he would walk into an active shooter situation couldn’t figure a different way to get to the ceremony like all the other world leaders there
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Correct. But you are not interested in being informed anymore... TDS has taken you
    No plan B ?

I mean ... completely understandable excuse about the helicopter leading to going by motorcade. Or catching a ride with Trudeau and yeah I get where a 70 something shouldn't be out in the cold rain, but this is POTUS with every best of anything at his disposal.
    Like everything else this party does - there is no contingency which I find as if not more damning
    Mother ****er just didnt want to go
    I often wonder if Trump enablers are capable of thinking past their nose's

and this.

Stone Cold
    ‏ @stonecold2050

The 92 year old Queen Elizabeth II of England out in the rain tonight attending a ceremony

to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI.

She's also a WWII Veteran.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Chris Hayes
    ‏Verified account @chrislhayes
    1h1 hour ago

The troops stretching out concertina wire and eating MREs

in tents in the Rio Grande valley,

while the migrants head to San Diego

really is a Veep episode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Since the tax cuts were passed, the 1,000 largest public companies have actually reduced employment, on balance. They have announced the elimination of nearly 140,000 jobs — which is almost double the 73,000 jobs they say they have created in that time, according to the nonprofit research group Just Capital.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Melania Trump calls for firing of top national security aide in extraordinary move
    "It is the position of the Office of the First Lady that she no longer deserves the honor of serving in this White House," a spokeswoman said.

Why not just tell Donald to fire her? This White House's dysfunction knows no bounds.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Melania Trump calls for firing of top national security aide in extraordinary move
    "It is the position of the Office of the First Lady that she no longer deserves the honor of serving in this White House," a spokeswoman said.

Why not just tell Donald to fire her? This White House's dysfunction knows no bounds.
    I wonder what kind of "service" she no longer deserves the honor of doing in the White House?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Fox is backing CNN's lawsuit.

I guess that makes Trump the Great Uniter.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Didnt the entire press back Fox News when Obama tried banning them? Does that make him a uniter too?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Fox is backing CNN's lawsuit.

I guess that makes Trump the Great Uniter.
    Fox just wants to try and be seen as a legit news organization.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Didnt the entire press back Fox News when Obama tried banning them? Does that make him a uniter too?
    maybe...but not The Great Uniter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...l-record-delay

Posting this for when Republicans complain about politicizing the AG position. Republicans delayed confirmation of Lynch just to spite Obama.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    At a level, I'm not really getting CNN's lawsuit. If Trump barred all CNN reporters from covering the press conference, that would be one thing. He just wants Acosta out of there. I'll readily admit I haven't been following this down to the molecular level, but if all Acosta is going to do is disrupt the entire press conference, I think a case can be made that his dismissal is justifiable. I heard a couple of reporters (not from Fox or any right wing outfit) say the same thing about Acosta. I guess I'm with Bob Woodward: https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...ious-reporting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    “The Republicans don’t win and that’s because of potentially illegal votes. When people get in line that have absolutely no right to vote and they go around in circles. Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again. Nobody takes anything. It’s really a disgrace what’s going on.”

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    At a level, I'm not really getting CNN's lawsuit. If Trump barred all CNN reporters from covering the press conference, that would be one thing. He just wants Acosta out of there. I'll readily admit I haven't been following this down to the molecular level, but if all Acosta is going to do is disrupt the entire press conference, I think a case can be made that his dismissal is justifiable. I heard a couple of reporters (not from Fox or any right wing outfit) say the same thing about Acosta. I guess I'm with Bob Woodward: https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...ious-reporting
    They began sparring Wednesday after Acosta asked Trump about the caravan of migrants heading from Latin America to the southern U.S. border. When Acosta tried to follow up with another question, Trump said, "That's enough!" and a female White House aide unsuccessfully tried to grab the microphone from Acosta.

I came in here as a nice person wanting to answer questions, and I had people jumping out of their seats screaming questions at me," said Trump, who talked for nearly 90 minutes despite the run-ins with reporters.

Acosta asked Trump why the caravan of migrants was emphasized as an issue in the just-concluded midterm races, and he questioned Trump's reference to the caravan as an invasion.

"You should let me run the country," Trump said. "You run CNN and if you did it well, your ratings would be much better."

After Acosta asked about the investigation of Russia's involvement in the 2016 election, Trump tried to turn to Alexander, but Acosta continued to ask questions.

"CNN should be ashamed of itself having you work for them," the president said to Acosta. "You are a rude, terrible person. You shouldn't be working for CNN. The way you treat Sarah Sanders is horrible. The way you treat other people is horrible. You shouldn't treat people that way."

Alexander came to his colleague's defense. "I've traveled with him and watched him," Alexander said. "He's a diligent reporter who busts his butt like the rest of us."

"I'm not a big fan of yours, either," Trump replied.

"I understand," Alexander said, attempting to ask a question. Acosta stood back up and noted the explosive devices that were recently sent to CNN and some of the president's political opponents.

"Just sit down," Trump said. "When you report fake news, which CNN does a lot, you are the enemy of the people."

CNN said Trump's attacks on the press have gone too far.

"They are not only dangerous, they are disturbingly un-American," CNN tweeted after the exchange. "While President Trump has made it clear he does not respect a free press, he has a sworn obligation to protect it. A free press is vital to democracy, and we stand behind Jim Acosta and his fellow journalists everywhere."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    A newspaper friend once asked. I paraphrase

"What do you call a journalist that isn't combative,skeptical of every utterance and accepts answers at face value?
    An editor"

I would say David Gregory

So which is it we want, press that are lapdogs or press that get into the faces of Press Secretary's and Presidents.
    Can't have both

I would argue Huckabee - Sanders is terrible at her job and Trump is a pathological liar.
    But, Acosta is the boogie man?

Tell me, how many here knew of Jim Acosta before Trump ?

One last thing, Trump called on Acosta. Acosta doesn't just get to stand up and speak.
    Just like the Telemundo reporter Trump targeted during the primaries

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Exactly Trump wanted the confrontation for the TV moment. He didn’t have to call on Acosta. There were a hundred reporters in the room. If he knew Acosta was a dick and was gonna press him on a question he shouldn’t have called on him.
    Forever Fredi

21. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Runnin (11-15-2018)