Page 151 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 511011411491501511521531612012516511151 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Nobody is saying Putin is a good guy. But this hypocrisy in turning a blind eye into all the historical bad **** that we have done is hysterical.
    Trmp often says Putin is a good guy, looks up to him, in fact. The Maddow piece claims that Putin is by many thought to be the richest person in the world, by A LOT, and has never had a job outside of the Russian govt., that all his money, except his very meager salary, has been pocketed thru shadow deals and corruption as head of Russia's government. Thus, the kleptocracy. It's a pretty fascinating story and easy to see why Trmp wants to be like him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Trmp often says Putin is a good guy, looks up to him, in fact. The Maddow piece claims that Putin is by many thought to be the richest person in the world, by A LOT, and has never had a job outside of the Russian govt., that all his money, except his very meager salary, has been pocketed thru shadow deals and corruption as head of Russia's government. Thus, the kleptocracy. It's a pretty fascinating story and easy to see why Trmp wants to be like him.
    I agree that Putin is not a good guy.

I understand why you guys and the left wants to continue to push this story. However, if Americans are doing better under Trump all of this won't matter in the end and quite frankly is going to hurt your party moving forward.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    SO you are fine with a sitting president of one party to tap the presidential candidate of another party to potentially ensure that his/her party continues to hold office?

Interesting...
    And you're okay with the way T became President if it is discovered that he had the Rep platform softened for Russia if they tried to help him defeat Hillary?

If Obama did have him tapped, it was well within his responsibility as protector of the country and the democracy to make sure a candidate did not trade favors to a foreign enemy to win an election. Nothing would come of it if there was nothing to find.
    Last edited by Runnin; 03-04-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I agree that Putin is not a good guy.

I understand why you guys and the left wants to continue to push this story. However, if Americans are doing better under Trump all of this won't matter in the end and quite frankly is going to hurt your party moving forward.
    What Americans are going to do better under T, other than the super rich, who are already doing just fine? You think the Russian middle class is happy under Putin?

If T passes a big infrastructure program that works and significantly helps the middle class, I'll sing his praises, but I honestly don't think he has the interest or the skill win that kind of a battle against the Rep party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    And you're okay with the way T became President if it is discovered that he had the Rep platform softened for Russia if they tried to help him defeat Hillary?

If Obama did have him tapped, it was well within his responsibility as protector of the country and the democracy to make sure a candidate did not trade favors to a foreign enemy to win an election. Nothing would come of it if there was nothing to find.
    I disagree if you don't think think this causes a bad precedent for the future.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    What Americans are going to do better under T, other than the super rich, who are already doing just fine? You think the Russian middle class is happy under Putin?

If T passes a big infrastructure program that works and significantly helps the middle class, I'll sing his praises, but I honestly don't think he has the interest or the skill win that kind of a battle against the Rep party.
    All Americans benefit from a more pro-business friendly environment. I'm sorry you dont' see it that way.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Still no evidence presented of Russian hacking... not a single shred.

Can someone explain to me what everyone is concerned about? Is the concern that Putin is going to invade the US? I don't get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I disagree if you don't think think this causes a bad precedent for the future.
    What future?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    All Americans benefit from a more pro-business friendly environment. I'm sorry you dont' see it that way.
    Just help me put it into perspective if you would. Are we talking a pro-business friendly environment that truly does help everyone have a fair chance at success, or are we talking another round of supply side economics ala the 1920s, the 1980s, and 2000-2008? Just trying to get a handle on all this.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Still no evidence presented of Russian hacking... not a single shred.

Can someone explain to me what everyone is concerned about? Is the concern that Putin is going to invade the US? I don't get it.
    Well to be fair tens of thousands of Texans believed for years that Obama was going to invade Texas (another Alex Jones gem I believe). Never underestimate the ability of Americans to be blind, stupid, lemmings who do and believe whatever they're told, provided they're told this line of bull by "their party".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (03-04-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    All Americans benefit from a more pro-business friendly environment
    no it doesn't

if it means polluting our air and water again for the sake of the all mighty dollar
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    so, our delusional president just admitted there was enough evidence for a FISA warrant against himself or is lying
    Last edited by goldfly; 03-05-2017 at 04:28 AM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Runnin (03-04-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I find it really intriguing that Obama came out with a response - on a Saturday morning - just a few hours after Trump's tweet.

I also feel like the overly broad nature of the former President's response is a risky maneuver that could come back to bite him.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I find it really intriguing that Obama came out with a response - on a Saturday morning - just a few hours after Trump's tweet.

I also feel like the overly broad nature of the former President's response is a risky maneuver that could come back to bite him.
    Obama couldn't do any wrong when he was president, I don't expect people to start judging him now

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts

He responded to the Muslim ban EO.

This in particular is a very serious allegation. So it's either ignore it and risk people saying you're guilty just trying to hide or adamantly deny it immediatley.
    Forever Fredi

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I think what we do know is when Trump is under pressure on the defensive he immediately goes into attack and offense mode.
    Forever Fredi

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    He responded to the Muslim ban EO.

This in particular is a very serious allegation. So it's either ignore it and risk people saying you're guilty just trying to hide or adamantly deny it immediatley.
    Responding to the 'Muslim ban' is a far, far different beast than issuing a press release in response to a tweet ~three hours after it was sent out.

I understand the Obama people wanting to get out in front of the ruckus, especially before the Sunday morning shows (which tend to set the tone for the week). However, I think he made himself hugely liable to future damage with the "[n]ever ordered surveillance on any U.S. citizen" line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    so, our delusional president just admitted their was enough evidence for a FISA warrant against himself or is lying
    The fact that Obama (or any intelligence agency) resorted to that tells you all you need to know about the Russia connection being real or not.
    Last edited by Runnin; 03-04-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    I think what we do know is when Trump is under pressure on the defensive he immediately goes into attack and offense mode.
    As many are saying, he's acting guilty, like he thinks he's caught.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Responding to the 'Muslim ban' is a far, far different beast than issuing a press release in response to a tweet ~three hours after it was sent out.

I understand the Obama people wanting to get out in front of the ruckus, especially before the Sunday morning shows (which tend to set the tone for the week). However, I think he made himself hugely liable to future damage with the "[n]ever ordered surveillance on any U.S. citizen" line.
    He said that neither he nor any WH official "ordered" surveillance of any US citizen. What you are saying is that you believe he/they did? "Ordered" it? Whatever Obama is, one thing that he has not is incautious, and he's a lawyer through and through. I doubt that statement goes out sloppy.

Funny that your first move is to say that this is going to somehow come back and bite OBAMA, though. I mean, if the FBI asked for and got a FISC warrant against someone in Trump Tower (*coughManafort*), I'm not sure it's the 44th President who is the likeliest to be lawyering up.