Page 123 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 23731131211221231241251331732236231123 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I"m not sure which direction I get lumped in with these days, I guess it depends on who you ax. But my comparison stands, if Mrs. DeVoss is qualified to "reform" the DoE, given that had the Dems not stood in her way when she was going into that public school the other day that may well have been her first time to set foot in one, then Steak Sauce should be qualified to "reform" the DoD. After all, both are on record as "not being crazy about the overall operation and efficiency" of the department in question, neither has, to the best of my knowledge, any direct experience in running said department but we're seeking to "shake things up", "get away from that status quo" so why not? DeVoss to reform the DoE and Steak Sauce to reform the DoD.

So, what do you all think?
    I don't much about her to be honest... if she has good ideas for the department, that is all I care about.

Having "experience" in a failed agency is worthless, if you ask me.

If 57 wants to drastically reduce our foreign presence oversees and military spending, I'm all for it. But as far as I know 57 wants to reduce nothing about our government.

I am just baffled at how sexist the left is.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    didnt Cheney want to invade Iraq by surprise before even making the public case for it?
    Cheney did a lot of sh*t. But I think Bannon has this vision of the world that somehow puts him in complete charge. I know I'm overreacting, but he seems like a real piece of work.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I don't much about her to be honest... if she has good ideas for the department, that is all I care about.

Having "experience" in a failed agency is worthless, if you ask me.

If 57 wants to drastically reduce our foreign presence oversees and military spending, I'm all for it. But as far as I know 57 wants to reduce nothing about our government.

I am just baffled at how sexist the left is.
    Well we all know if we're honest the left has plenty of racism and sexism, depending on where you look and who you listen to. Both sides are hypocrites if they say only the other side has those flaws. We both know that and we both know what I was talking about in my comparison. DeVoss has made lots of money with private schools and is a well know hater of public schools. To the best of my knowledge Steak Sauce, while a great guy IMO, isn't exactly John Wayne in The Searchers as far as being a big fan of violence so to me this comparison looks pretty solid. DeVoss doesn't want to reform the public schools, she wants to segway from billions spent on public education to billions (probably even more truth be known) spent on private schools like hers. If there is a bigger flaw with our current system than parents letting their kids run the show it's the profit motive. Schools get paid money by the state governments (feds too I guess) based on how many students they have in school, so they put up with aholes who should be in jail there in their classrooms so they can get money and those ahole students who don't want to learn, also make sure nobody else gets to. Of course that's another broad brush on my part, but I've seen it in person for years on end. Can Mrs. DeVoss say that?

Oh and I know you've read my posts, I'd love to see the public schools get the makeover they desperately need, but this isn't how it needs to be done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Here we go. I think this article from WSJ fills in the missing link in regards to why Trump fired Flynn.

U.S. intelligence officials have withheld sensitive intelligence from President Donald Trump because they are concerned it could be leaked or compromised, according to current and former officials familiar with the matter.

The officials’ decision to keep information from Mr. Trump underscores the deep mistrust that has developed between the intelligence community and the president over his team’s contacts with the Russian government,...

So, it seems that Trump's team wasn't going to get the full reports so long as Flynn was on staff. That actually makes a lot of sense now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Kara Calavera ‏@KaraCalavera Feb 8

Once upon a time, the GOP investigated Bill Clinton's use of the White House Christmas card list. This warranted 140 hours of testimony.

maybe this is a reason i wasn't alarmed about the emails or the possible appearance of ...
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

bastards have no shame
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Here we go. I think this article from WSJ fills in the missing link in regards to why Trump fired Flynn.

U.S. intelligence officials have withheld sensitive intelligence from President Donald Trump because they are concerned it could be leaked or compromised, according to current and former officials familiar with the matter.

The officials’ decision to keep information from Mr. Trump underscores the deep mistrust that has developed between the intelligence community and the president over his team’s contacts with the Russian government,...

So, it seems that Trump's team wasn't going to get the full reports so long as Flynn was on staff. That actually makes a lot of sense now.
    So it was a "sting operation" of sorts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    So it was a "sting operation" of sorts?
    My guess is the leak came from Trump's advisors. I wouldn't be shocked if they were all in on it, including Bannon. CIA had legit reason to hold back on the intel and I would imagine all of Trump's advisors would all want the full intel. Presumably they would now have access to the intel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    my guess is it might have been during the debate when Trump suggested the Russians hack HRC email

or ...

or ...

Wes my friend, they owe you a medal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    my guess is it might have been during the debate when Trump suggested the Russians hack HRC email

or ...

or ...

Wes my friend, they owe you a medal
    I think it's a pretty logical guess. I'm not even a Trump guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    of course there are leaks because no one below Bannon or Conway or his kids feels the long term need to be loyal to Trump.
    going in, he had no friends.
    You were a Cruz man. After the way he publicly talked to and treated Cruz, why would Cruz stick his neck out or even feel compelled to keep Trumps secrets.
    Or Jeb,or Rand or ... lord forgive me for saying this but, Chris Christie.
    In public he would send him to McDonalds. The Governor of a state. One of the 13 originals, humiliate him regularly
    LBJ used that tactic, but LBJ had been in Washington 25-30 years and had a pocketfull of IOU's

Goes back to temperament and lack of respect.
    He hasn't shown an ounce of respect for anyone not named Ivanka or Vladamir in the past 18 months.
    Even Melania, look how he treats her in public

So yeah, it's the leaks.
    Only one other Presidency I remember was so hounded with "leaks"
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-15-2017 at 09:48 PM.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    My guess is the leak came from Trump's advisors. I wouldn't be shocked if they were all in on it, including Bannon. CIA had legit reason to hold back on the intel and I would imagine all of Trump's advisors would all want the full intel. Presumably they would now have access to the intel.
    Not sure if Occam is feeling this one, though to be fair there have been people saying the Flynn leak could have been from the WH.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    But if this was CIA forced instead of a CIA-Trump conspiracy for lack of a better word what will Trump's relationship with the intelligence devolve into?

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post

bastards have no shame
    It's kinda instructive that, given all the promises, the only actual legislation he's signed so far is about dumping coal ash into streams (and methane emissions, and letting energy companies' payments to foreign governments go unreported) and whatnot. Priorities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    so, China just allowed the Trump trademark that the orange one has been fighting for since 2006:

1. Here is a chain of events that I'm sure is just a COMPLETE coincidence
    2. Since 2006, Trump has sought to trademark his brand in China. It wasn't going well. He kept losing in court.
    3. After winning the presidency, Trump caused a stir by rejecting the "One China" policy, angering the Chinese gov't
    4. Then, late last week, Trump abruptly reversed course. Said he was committed to one China
    5. Yesterday, IN A COMPLETE COINCIDENCE, China reversed course and awarded Trump a trademark
    6. This fits squarely into the definition of an emolument. Trump is getting something of value from a foreign gov't
    7. He couldn't get it when he wasn't president but he can get it now.
    but i'm sure, just a coincidence again
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Lol - I just read somewhere that Trump is making Jeffrey Loria Ambassador to France and, for that reason, Kushner Sr. is pulling out of the Miami deal.

I think Trump making Loria Ambassador to France would literally be the most upsetting thing to have come from this administration, so far, to me.
    Last edited by Hawk; 02-15-2017 at 10:56 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (02-16-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Not sure if Occam is feeling this one, though to be fair there have been people saying the Flynn leak could have been from the WH.
    I think Occam is sharpening his blade. What theory is more simplistic? The CIA is an organized deep state entity or the CIA just simply had issues with Flynn's Russian connections and decided it was best to hold onto certain intelligence. And that led to Trump's advisors pushing to oust Flynn so that the White House could gain full intel. I think the boot fits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    But if this was CIA forced instead of a CIA-Trump conspiracy for lack of a better word what will Trump's relationship with the intelligence devolve into?
    I'm not convinced the CIA dislikes Trump. Certainly some in the CIA do, but Trump is a pretty pro military guy and a lot of these CIA folks are military people. I have no clue if my theory is correct, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I'm not convinced the CIA dislikes Trump. Certainly some in the CIA do, but Trump is a pretty pro military guy and a lot of these CIA folks are military people. I have no clue if my theory is correct, but I figured I'd throw it out there.
    Agreed. Don't buy the media-driven narrative here. It's from the campaign and it's pretty stale. Trump has friends in the CIA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    and these ****s call liberals snowflakes. lol

Rush Limbaugh: “They are lying about things, hoping to make it easier for them and the Obama shadow government to eventually get rid of Trump and everybody in his administration.”