Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump U

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Dang this just says all the more how atrocious a candidate Hillary was. No party does particularly well with a "well it's his/her time" candidate.

Trump is such a....

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Trump is such a....
    "Genius" - Kanye West

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    Both candidates were flawed. People vote policies and liberals have to realize that outside of the big city bubbles this country is conservative.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    "Genius" - Kanye West
    scoreboard and he is a brother as well.

Lots of blacks I know voted for Trump (I voted for Hillary like an idiot but did not know the other details on her policy) or didn't vote at all. They think Clinton would not have done better than that dead beat dad Obama (meaning he did not do anything to uplift the black people's issues, yes you can Google this)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I am interested to hear one legitimate reason why people signed up for Trump U. Since the Republican primary, This has perplexed me.
    For-profit universities (and the term "university" should be used very loosely) are under rightfully under attack throughout the country. We've had two close in Minnesota in the last year. They prey on the weak and make promises they simply can't fulfill. From what I can tell, they have no entrance requirements outside of the ability to sign one's name legibly on the bottom of a check. They often allow flexible schedules that allow people to work or proceed toward a degree at their own pace. They sell false hope and there are always buyers for that commodity.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Hawk (11-19-2016)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    It's not that hard to contrive of a reason why someone would attend a real estate seminar program propped up by DJT - but it is (quite) hard to think of a reason why someone would pay $35K for it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (11-19-2016)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    For-profit universities (and the term "university" should be used very loosely) are under rightfully under attack throughout the country. We've had two close in Minnesota in the last year. They prey on the weak and make promises they simply can't fulfill. From what I can tell, they have no entrance requirements outside of the ability to sign one's name legibly on the bottom of a check. They often allow flexible schedules that allow people to work or proceed toward a degree at their own pace. They sell false hope and there are always buyers for that commodity.
    And the government still allow this practice to continue?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,974 Posts
    It's not that hard to contrive of a reason why someone would attend a real estate seminar program propped up by DJT - but it is (quite) hard to think of a reason why someone would pay $35K for it.
    Yeah, $35 K is sticker shock. There used to be seminars and "institutes" that advertised aggressively on television and radio offering bogus real estate advice for a fee, but I don't think the fee was $ 35 K. During the housing bubble, I think a lot of people who considered themselves somewhat intelligent and hard-working thought of real estate as a way to make easy money. Bubbles of any commodity (real estate, technology, precious metals) are the modern Gold Rush.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    And the government still allow this practice to continue?
    I think it's the government that's closing them down. Minnesota AG has been after these folks for the last couple of years on fraud charges.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    ITT was around for 50 years before it was finally shut down last summer.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,299 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I understand the reasons they throw up on a webpage or in a brochure. I just can't understand how people fall into these traps. Admittedly, my lack of empathy towards these people is not good.

I am from Utah which is a hot bed for multi level marketing companies. There seems to be specific type of person that's drawn to these scams. People that idolize the rich, but don't quite understand how the rich became rich. Vicious.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

Runnin (11-19-2016)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,974 Posts
    Don't get me wrong. I understand the reasons they throw up on a webpage or in a brochure. I just can't understand how people fall into these traps. Admittedly, my lack of empathy towards these people is not good.

I am from Utah which is a hot bed for multi level marketing companies. There seems to be specific type of person that's drawn to these scams. People that idolize the rich, but don't quite understand how the rich became rich. Vicious.
    That's it in a nutshell. Everyone sees the self-made person and doesn't understand that it takes skill, perseverance, and often more than a little luck to put people in the penthouse. I think the same thing is being sold more legitimately with college degrees. A college degree is certainly necessary for advancement in a lot of fields, but for a lot of very good jobs in the new economy a two-year technical degree can prepare one for. The problem is that for all the preaching, no degree can ensure success and I think that's what's being sold to a lot of people, especially those who lack access to more traditional routes to a degree.

I think vicious is the right term to use when describing these vultures.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Hawk (11-19-2016)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts

This doubles as a decent reason why Trump is going to be our next President.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    "Genius" - Kanye West
    Genius predator?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Except you're not even considering initial investment costs, operating expenses, corporate income tax, some of those students not paying, etc.

Assuming revenues of $100 million, I doubt he made any money after those litigation expenses.
    When you aren't offering an actual product with accredited teachers, you keep your expenses WAY down.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (11-19-2016)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Take the loss like a man.
    **** that noise

Obama won by millions and a huge electoral college vote and I had to listen to republicans bitch and moan etc and then try to do everything they could to stop him and chose party over country

This orange abortion of a man didn't win the popular vote. **** him and his agenda and playing nice
    Last edited by goldfly; 11-19-2016 at 11:04 PM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Nothing like having a soon to be president of the USA admitting he commuted fraud against citizens of the USA and paying millions of dollars cause of it after saying he wouldn't settle cause he did nothing wrong
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    "Genius" - Kanye West

I miss the old Kanye

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    I miss the old Kanye
    Now I ain't sayin' he (the new Kanye) is a gold digga'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Should foreign dignitaries visiting Washington be allowed to stay in Trump's hotel? That's a big chunk of high dollar/VIP business.

I say absolutely not.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

goldfly (11-20-2016)