Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New options

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i have taken all the moves this offseason as saying "we are trying to do better than last year but there really isn't **** out there this year to sign longterm. That is why we gave some one year deals to maybe be better and bridge us to let the young guys get better to really start looking at competing in 2018 if things go right and there is a better market etc"
    You ever notice that the FA market always looks better 2-3 years out? That's because potential free agents always sign extensions or exercise options.

That will happen in 18-19, too.

Is Sale our guy? Archer? If they think so, they need to dig deep. It doesn't get easier or cheaper if you wait. Gosh, Archer is practically free for the next half-decade.

Unless, of course, your aces are Sean Newcomb and Max Fried.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    You ever notice that the FA market always looks better 2-3 years out? That's because potential free agents always sign extensions or exercise options.

That will happen in 18-19, too.

Is Sale our guy? Archer? If they think so, they need to dig deep. It doesn't get easier or cheaper if you wait. Gosh, Archer is practically free for the next half-decade.

Unless, of course, your aces are Sean Newcomb and Max Fried.
    They are. Weigel will be a number 2 by end of 18. Folty will be close to a 1/2.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Call me crazy but if we are getting an Ace... I'd rather trade Teheran than Folty at this point. Folty could be a big deal very quickly and the rotation is ridiculous deep now.
    I'll bite. That is crazy,
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,495 Posts
    IMO I keep Teheran. You know what you have in him. A good #2. Folty could hit and he could not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    IMO I keep Teheran. You know what you have in him. A good #2. Folty could hit and he could not.
    Thing is do you want to take a swing at greatness? If you do you might want to keep Folty.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,495 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Thing is do you want to take a swing at greatness? If you do you might want to keep Folty.
    I understand the reasoning. I just prefer the sure thing

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    People here really just don't appreciate Julio enough.

I understand that Folty may have a higher ceiling, but it sure seems like everyone completely forgets the fact that Julio is only 254 days older than him. Not only does Folty have miles to go if he's ever going to reach his ceiling, he's got a long way to go to be as good a Pitcher as Julio is.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

GovClintonTyree (12-04-2016), zedsdead (12-03-2016)

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    People here really just don't appreciate Julio enough.

I understand that Folty may have a higher ceiling, but it sure seems like everyone completely forgets the fact that Julio is only 254 days older than him. Not only does Folty have miles to go if he's ever going to reach his ceiling, he's got a long way to go to be as good a Pitcher as Julio is.
    Absolutely correct.