Thread: The War on Police Continues

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

The War on Police Continues

Absolutely sickening to watch.

1 officer shot in TN last night. 2 officers in GA as well, bringing the total to 6 in the last week I believe.
    This is my signature. Savs intolerance gets me banned from the Real Talk forums. This is the kind of censorship that doomed the scout site. Don't let Sav censor us anymore. End of signature.

[SAV checking in here. toma has been acting like a child, thus the child goes into timeout until he stops acting like a child. 11/21 12:30am]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    why use the word war.

It is a shame 3 people were shot but a war of police
    You apparently have no idea what war is
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-13-2016), jpx7 (12-13-2016), Prikichi (12-15-2016), Runnin (12-13-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I am amazed that since the election we are seeing a proliferation of words like war and hate.
    Hate being assigned to people that only disagree with a writer.

Been on these boards for a long time and been in many a message board argument / disagreement.
    Never ascribed the word hate toward a fellow poster.

////

There is no more a war on police than there is a war on black people.
    Or a war on capitalism
    Or a war on decency

or even worse.
    a war on Christmas.

C'mon people , use your words
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Brief moment of levity: Your war on the use of the word "war" sickens me to no end. And then back into it: In truth, there is a war on police. There is a war on capitalism. There is a war on Christmas and Christianity. There is an ongoing war on decency. Wars are not only fought on traditional battlefields with army troops in earth toned uniforms with expensive weaponry.

And here is the shocker (for you), words can have multiple definitions of levels of meaning, not just the single literal #1 definition.

For ex-****ing-zample:

war1
    [wawr]
    Spell Syllables
    Examples Word Origin
    See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
    noun
    a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air.
    a state or period of armed hostility or active military operations:
    The two nations were at war with each other.
    a contest carried on by force of arms, as in a series of battles or campaigns:
    the War of 1812.
    armed fighting, as a science, profession, activity, or art; methods or principles of waging armed conflict:
    War is the soldier's business.
    active hostility or contention; conflict; contest:
    a war of words.
    aggressive business conflict, as through severe price cutting in the same industry or any other means of undermining competitors:
    a fare war among airlines; a trade war between nations.
    a struggle to achieve a goal: the war on cancer; a war against poverty;
    a war for hearts and minds.
    Cards.
    a game for two or more persons, played with a 52-card pack evenly divided between the players, in which each player turns up one card at a time with the higher card taking the lower, and in which, when both turned up cards match, each player lays one card face down and turns up another, the player with the higher card of the second turn taking all the cards laid down.
    an occasion in this game when both turned up cards match.
    Archaic. a battle.
    verb (used without object), warred, warring.
    to make or carry on war; fight:
    to war with a neighboring nation.
    to carry on active hostility or contention:
    Throughout her life she warred with sin and corruption.
    to be in conflict or in a state of strong opposition:
    The temptation warred with his conscience.
    adjective
    of, belonging to, used in, or due to war:
    war preparations; war hysteria.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrShwag For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (12-13-2016), Tomahawking4life (12-13-2016)

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Now back on ****ing topic.. It is very tragic that the criminal filth in this country is seemingly more empowered than ever to attack our amazing officers in blue. I for one look forward to a top-down leadership that upholds law & order and we start making our communities safer whatever the answer to that may be.

PS it's not ****ing "gun control". See Chicago if you need proof.

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    MrShwag FTW! And lol at 57 for trying to turn this into a thread about the use of the word "war".

I also find the silence from the Obama administration on this to be completely unacceptable.
    This is my signature. Savs intolerance gets me banned from the Real Talk forums. This is the kind of censorship that doomed the scout site. Don't let Sav censor us anymore. End of signature.

[SAV checking in here. toma has been acting like a child, thus the child goes into timeout until he stops acting like a child. 11/21 12:30am]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShwag View Post
    Now back on ****ing topic.. It is very tragic that the criminal filth in this country is seemingly more empowered than ever to attack our amazing officers in blue. I for one look forward to a top-down leadership that upholds law & order and we start making our communities safer whatever the answer to that may be.

PS it's not ****ing "gun control". See Chicago if you need proof.
    Obamas America. One of the most disastrous presidencies of all time.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Obamas America. One of the most disastrous presidencies of all time.
    Trayvon could be my son.

Not to laugh about a young man dying, but him opening his trap about that and the professor incident and other things that happened makes you think everything was still okay.

Well to us blacks it is not. It has gotten worse for us and we are not happy with his results. Hillary paid the price for that. She can say "thanks Obama, you double crosser"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Trayvon could be my son.

Not to laugh about a young man dying, but him opening his trap about that and the professor incident and other things that happened makes you think everything was still okay.

Well to us blacks it is not. It has gotten worse for us and we are not happy with his results. Hillary paid the price for that. She can say "thanks Obama, you double crosser"
    The lives of black people are unquestionably worse than what they were 8 years ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Trayvon could be my son.

He took a side in both cases, seemingly reflexively. I still think the best thing he could have done in either case, for everyone, was to say "Let's allow the investigation to play out." That would have been an indication that he would not take sides as long as things were on the up and up. I really believe his SJW reactions contributed to racial tension.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The lives of black people are unquestionably worse than what they were 8 years ago.
    Forever Fredi

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-13-2016), Prikichi (12-15-2016)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    People who shoot police officers = Terrible people

Officers who shoot unarmed citizens = Somewhere on the spectrum between justified and terrible people depending on the case.

Obama has never encouraged people to shoot police officers, just as Trump will never encourage officers to shoot unarmed citizens. We need to find a long term solution for resolving these tensions in our country, and claiming that police are somehow above other citizens might not be the solution.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Stats don't lie

Word of mouth doesn't lie.

Education statistics don't lie.

They all gotten worse under him. Even black leaders are not happy with him. One said that he only cared about his "legacy" and nothing else.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    it's 2016 and facts obviously don't matter but here are some facts on your so called war that doesn't exist

Is there a “war on police” in America today? Most Americans think so, and that’s understandable given all of the media coverage of that topic. A Google news search finds 32,000 results for the phrase “war on cops” and another 12,100 results for “war on police,” with sensational headlines like “America’s War on Cops Intensifies” and [NYPD Commissioner] “Bratton Warns of Tough Times Ahead Due to ‘War on Cops’.” A recent Rasmussen poll found that 58% of likely US voters answered “Yes” to the question “Is there a war on police in America today?” and only 27% disagreed. But data on police shootings in America that were reported last week by The Guardian (“2015 May Be One of the Safest Years for Law Enforcement in a Quarter Century“) tell a much different story of increasing police safety.

According to data available from the “Officer Down Memorial Page” on the annual number of non-accidental, firearm-related police fatalities, 2015 is on track to be the safest year for law enforcement in the US since 1887
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (12-13-2016), jpx7 (12-13-2016)

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    News flash: We're not in 2015 anymore. 2016 is well above the 2015 total for cops killed.

6 officers in GA have been shot in the past 6 days.

Please, tell me more about how safe it is and that there isn't a war against them. Lol.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawking4life View Post
    News flash: We're not in 2015 anymore. 2016 is well above the 2015 total for cops killed.

6 officers in GA have been shot in the past 6 days.

Please, tell me more about how safe it is and that there isn't a war against them. Lol.

Those stats show deaths and not shootings . Big difference. The advancement of medicine and surgeries are the reason that police deaths by firearms have dropped. There's not a lack of shootings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Not sure how you can take someone seriously when they try to make an argue there hasn't been a huge escalation of violence against police. Not only in crime but actual attitudes towards them.

A society that doesn't respect law and order is a society that is doomed to fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawking4life View Post
    weird, i know what the word continues means

i guess you didn't when you used it in the thread title

it would mean that you are saying it has been going on for a rather long time in case you didn't know

thus why you wouldn't just look at one year to see if this is something that has been going on for a while (aka thus continues to happen)
    Last edited by goldfly; 12-13-2016 at 02:45 PM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    And yet you just happen to single out 2015? Why not 2011? 2011 was one of the worst years of the decade for police shootings. So yes, continues....

But please keep telling me how safe it is for police officers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I showed you stats from 1870 to the most completed year