Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    The Braves should be looking to sell high on ALL pitchers when they have 1-2 years of control remaining. I'm not saying the "right return", I am saying they need to actively shop them and take the best return available. The only exception being if a pitcher is coming off injury and needs to prove he is healthy. Teheran has 3 years left, so after this season they need to be looking to sell high.

The ongoing game plan should be to have the rotation filled with homegrown pitchers, and fill in the blanks with guys like Colon. Extend these pitchers when possible, but never guarantee any years past the age of 30. Use them up, then flip them before they break.
    I agree in principal. However, since the Braves are rebuilding, and contrary to the belief of some and the story-boarding of the FO, not a truly competitive team, looking to maximize Teheran's value 3 years out as opposed to taking best available two years out appears to be a better option to me. I might believe differently if I thought that Teheran would be the difference between a playoff team in 2017 and just missing the playoffs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Horsehide Harry For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-17-2016)