Thread: Santa-Hating Pastor Coming To DFW...

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Santa-Hating Pastor Coming To DFW...

what a loser. i'm not shocked that idiots like this and the people outside events or on bourbon street with their signs damning everyone to hell do absolutely no good for their cause and only push people away from the very thing they would like to bring people to

i love that he thinks his views of something that is only done by faith is real though as opposed to kids believing in santa

FORT WORTH (CBS11) – David Grisham, the Amarillo pastor who preaches an anti-Santa Claus message inside malls, told CBS11 he is coming to Dallas-Fort Worth to do his thing.

He said he will come into town, scout the area malls, then decide which one he wants to do it in and when.

Officials from several malls in the area told CBS11 they are aware of his intentions. None of the mall spokespeople would address the Grisham situation specifically, but they did offer information on their policies regarding disruptions.

A spokesperson for Hulen Mall issued a statement that said in part, “If someone is causing a disruption, they will first be asked to stop and eventually asked to leave.”

CBS11 spoke with people on Sundance Square who said they agree with free speech, but potentially ruining the holiday spirit for young kids is an inconsiderate thing to do.

“Preaching Jesus, there is no problem with that, but if he wants to take the joy from the kids that’s not good,” said Willy Stewart.

Grisham has been quoted as saying he is out to preach about Jesus and debunk stories of the man in the red suit.

“I’m pretty big into Jesus myself but I manage to find room for Santa Claus, too,” said Fort Worth resident Susan Metzger.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Tomahawking4life (12-16-2016)

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Very sad
    This is my signature. Savs intolerance gets me banned from the Real Talk forums. This is the kind of censorship that doomed the scout site. Don't let Sav censor us anymore. End of signature.

[SAV checking in here. toma has been acting like a child, thus the child goes into timeout until he stops acting like a child. 11/21 12:30am]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    what a loser. i'm not shocked that idiots like this and the people outside events or on bourbon street with their signs damning everyone to hell do absolutely no good for their cause and only push people away from the very thing they would like to bring people to

i love that he thinks his views of something that is only done by faith is real though as opposed to kids believing in santa

FORT WORTH (CBS11) – David Grisham, the Amarillo pastor who preaches an anti-Santa Claus message inside malls, told CBS11 he is coming to Dallas-Fort Worth to do his thing.

He said he will come into town, scout the area malls, then decide which one he wants to do it in and when.

I would agree that Xmas is far too commercialized, but if he had any sense he'd realize that these grinchy actions will do more harm than good to his cause.

Or maybe his real cause is just to promote himself. If so I give him credit for finding a new soapbox topic to bitch about. Not many left.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Kinda reminds me of social justice warriors

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    My wife used to sub/volunteer at a local religious school owned and run by a guy who was/is buddies with Mike Huckabee and one of his kids was telling the other kids (and we're talking about early primary grade levels here) that there wasn't any such thing as Santa Claus because his parents had told him the truth because they didn't want to lie to him. Well as you can imagine some of the kids were really upset and some were even crying and hysterical. The kid was of course very proud of himself. Well the wife talked to him about not making the other kids cry and he told her that he knew the truth (because of his parents) and it was his duty to tell the truth. Well after a little more discussion she told him that some parents chose to let their kids believe in these sorts of things, like Santa, and the tooth fairy, and the Easter Bunny, and guess which 2 of the 3 the "truther" STILL believed in? And guess what his reaction was when he was told the truth about them?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Kinda reminds me of social justice warriors

And reformed alcoholics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Well after a little more discussion she told him that some parents chose to let their kids believe in these sorts of things, like Santa, and the tooth fairy, and the Easter Bunny, and guess which 2 of the 3 the "truther" STILL believed in? And guess what his reaction was when he was told the truth about them?
    The Easter Bunny?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    The Easter Bunny?
    The tooth fairy AND the Easter Bunny. Yeah, the little ****e wasn't nearly as happy about having his childhood effed with as he was when he was getting to do the effing, so to speak.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    The tooth fairy AND the Easter Bunny. Yeah, the little ****e wasn't nearly as happy about having his childhood effed with as he was when he was getting to do the effing, so to speak.
    That story sounds like a SNL skit. It would be funny as hell and everyone would know that it was clearly satire.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Is the Santa-hating pastor related to this Santa-hater?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    That story sounds like a SNL skit. It would be funny as hell and everyone would know that it was clearly satire.
    Sadly I"m not actually sure that EVERYONE would realize that. The ratio of truly dense individuals may well be lower than in the circles wherein I travel. :)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Is the Santa-hating pastor related to this Santa-hater?

MMmmmmmmmmmmmmm could it be...