Fox News and their Ilk are the worst

Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Ironically I"ve said for years that every conservative needs to be tied to a chair and forced to watch A Christmas Carol and every liberal needs to be tied to a chair and forced to watch The Ant and the Grasshopper. Fat chance of that happening though, huh?

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Fox "news" spreading lies and bias? I'm beyond shock.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mossy For This Useful Post:

Prikichi (12-27-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    What a sharticle that is.

Also, everyone has seen A Christmas Carol. I don't know what that has to do with conservatives.
    thank you weso1!

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post

Also, everyone has seen A Christmas Carol. I don't know what that has to do with conservatives.
    Then maybe you need to watch it again, or maybe you really aren't that conservative.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

I guess they're trying to imply that conservatives don't care about poor people when stats show that conservatives donate and gift more than liberals do

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

Garmel (12-25-2016), weso1 (12-25-2016)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I guess they're trying to imply that conservatives don't care about poor people when stats show that conservatives donate and gift more than liberals do
    MIT researchers did find, however, was that conservatives give more to religious organizations, such as their own churches, and liberals more to secular recipients. Conservatives may give more overall, MIT says, but that's because they tend to be richer, so they have more money to give and get a larger tax benefit from giving it.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    MIT researchers did find, however, was that conservatives give more to religious organizations, such as their own churches, and liberals more to secular recipients. Conservatives may give more overall, MIT says, but that's because they tend to be richer, so they have more money to give and get a larger tax benefit from giving it.
    Conservatives are richer? Just last week you put up a map that showed how uneducated and poor conservative areas of the nation are.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Garmel For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (12-26-2016)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Makes me think you didn't read where Rightwing News Outlets accused this family of doing something they didn't do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Makes me think you didn't read where Rightwing News Outlets accused this family of doing something they didn't do.
    I read it, and already knew about it before reading your post. It contains a major disclaimer before the article actually begins.
    thank you weso1!

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I read it, and already knew about it before reading your post. It contains a major disclaimer before the article actually begins.
    The disclaimer ahs to do with th eterm fled. Not that the right wing media and their radical followers harassed these people. So yeah.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I realize there are lots of wealthy people who are very generous, Bill and Melinda Gates come to mind though there are tons of others. Just like the great majority of cops never shoot anyone, let alone anyone who is unarmed, but in most of both of those cases you never hear about it.

This doesn't have to be about only politics. With that said the last studies I've seen on the subject suggest that the majority of giving was done by those in the middle-middle class (back when we had one) down to the upper parts of the lower class. You know, those who could probably least afford it.

But if you have actual study data I would love to see it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    The disclaimer ahs to do with th eterm fled. Not that the right wing media and their radical followers harassed these people. So yeah.
    “There’s no way we’re going to take a chance after the pizza incident,” they told the Lancaster reporter.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I realize there are lots of wealthy people who are very generous, Bill and Melinda Gates come to mind though there are tons of others. Just like the great majority of cops never shoot anyone, let alone anyone who is unarmed, but in most of both of those cases you never hear about it.

This doesn't have to be about only politics. With that said the last studies I've seen on the subject suggest that the majority of giving was done by those in the middle-middle class (back when we had one) down to the upper parts of the lower class. You know, those who could probably least afford it.

I think your grump should mainly be directed at corporatism. Conservatives are traditionally very giving, but just simply believe in the idea that government isn't the best vehicle to deliver the charity. Just because you support the government holding a gun to peoples' head and forcing them to give their money away to bureaucratic welfare systems doesn't mean you aren't a scrooge. Sure it makes you feel better about yourself, but it's not necessarily doing as much good or any good at all.
    thank you weso1!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (12-26-2016), BedellBrave (12-25-2016)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I think your grump should mainly be directed at corporatism. Conservatives are traditionally very giving, but just simply believe in the idea that government isn't the best vehicle to deliver the charity. Just because you support the government holding a gun to peoples' head and forcing them to give their money away to bureaucratic welfare systems doesn't mean you aren't a scrooge. Sure it makes you feel better about yourself, but it's not necessarily doing as much good or any good at all.
    Well let's see:
    1.) Agree on corporatism being a more usual suspect in the hoarding of resources and the negative effects it has on the poor and struggling and we all know there are more than a couple of Dems guilty of being in bed with that ilk (see the most recent Dem presidential nominee)
    2.) I keep hearing how generous conservatives are (and I even admitted many more wealthy folks are generous than we often hear about) but I'm waiting to see some good, reliable statistics on just how generous conservatives are, as opposed to other groups. Maybe you can supply some.
    3.) I don't believe I said anything about anyone needing to be generous by having a gun put to their head. Don't know if you're saying I was saying that or the usual conservative response of "I shouldn't have to give because I pay taxes". Maybe you can clear that one up.
    4.) Also don't know if you are saying I think it makes me feel better about MYSELF or if it was just a general sort of "you".

I did notice a number of condescending "we're the good guys because we're conservatives and we already do the right thing pretty much all the time so save your breath and don't preach at us" stuff. Maybe this was not intended, maybe it was.

I will say this though, I have NOT forgotten the arrogant conservatives bull****e that overflowed from the conservatives back during the W/Cheney years and all the nonsense that went with it. It wasn't right the and it isn't right now. I don't care how many mainstream religious folks your party has on the payroll who are more than willing to give you guys a pass on literally anything but hey I"m not in their union.

So, just to clear things up:

Laying on one's arse and wanting to be supported by the government---bad
    Using government programs like a bridge to get you from where you are to where you need to be-----fine
    Ambition/work ethic-----very good and necessary thing, human beings and maybe Americans more than anyone else, need that incentive to strive and excel
    Greed/out of control, "take as much as I can, even when it gets into cartoon figures amounts and no matter how many American workers I hurt in the process"----BAD

And yeah, I still say every conservative should have to watch, or re-watch A Christmas Carol and every liberal should have to watch The Ant and the Grasshopper.

EDIT: By the way, one last thing, taxation does not equal giving and no amount of telling yourself you are the greatest and pretty much infallible doesn't make it so.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Well let's see:
    1.) Agree on corporatism being a more usual suspect in the hoarding of resources and the negative effects it has on the poor and struggling and we all know there are more than a couple of Dems guilty of being in bed with that ilk (see the most recent Dem presidential nominee)
    2.) I keep hearing how generous conservatives are (and I even admitted many more wealthy folks are generous than we often hear about) but I'm waiting to see some good, reliable statistics on just how generous conservatives are, as opposed to other groups. Maybe you can supply some.
    3.) I don't believe I said anything about anyone needing to be generous by having a gun put to their head. Don't know if you're saying I was saying that or the usual conservative response of "I shouldn't have to give because I pay taxes". Maybe you can clear that one up.
    4.) Also don't know if you are saying I think it makes me feel better about MYSELF or if it was just a general sort of "you".

I did notice a number of condescending "we're the good guys because we're conservatives and we already do the right thing pretty much all the time so save your breath and don't preach at us" stuff. Maybe this was not intended, maybe it was.

I will say this though, I have NOT forgotten the arrogant conservatives bull****e that overflowed from the conservatives back during the W/Cheney years and all the nonsense that went with it. It wasn't right the and it isn't right now. I don't care how many mainstream religious folks your party has on the payroll who are more than willing to give you guys a pass on literally anything but hey I"m not in their union.

So, just to clear things up:

Laying on one's arse and wanting to be supported by the government---bad
    Using government programs like a bridge to get you from where you are to where you need to be-----fine
    Ambition/work ethic-----very good and necessary thing, human beings and maybe Americans more than anyone else, need that incentive to strive and excel
    Greed/out of control, "take as much as I can, even when it gets into cartoon figures amounts and no matter how many American workers I hurt in the process"----BAD

And yeah, I still say every conservative should have to watch, or re-watch A Christmas Carol and every liberal should have to watch The Ant and the Grasshopper.

EDIT: By the way, one last thing, taxation does not equal giving and no amount of telling yourself you are the greatest and pretty much infallible doesn't make it so.
    Google it. People cry about Christian churches about everything but they donate and do things for charity far more than Dummicrats do. Dummicrats are Scrooges to be honest, won't give you a dime and not very good Samaritans either. They will say, government will take care of you while you bleeding out and walk on to their next LGBT meeting.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Google it. People cry about Christian churches about everything but they donate and do things for charity far more than Dummicrats do. Dummicrats are Scrooges to be honest, won't give you a dime and not very good Samaritans either. They will say, government will take care of you while you bleeding out and walk on to their next LGBT meeting.
    So dummicrats are not/cannot be Christians and repubs automatically are or something along those lines? Do the two have to be mutually exclusive?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    so, which cities, states, etc., fine churches for trying to help the poor/homeless? This would seem to me to be a good cause for everyone to get behind (stopping this practice).

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Many of which are conservatives, right? At least the sort I know of. It's the world I swim in - middle class to upper lower class, with socially conservative views typically, and who give - of their money and time.