User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: Fox News and their Ilk are the worst

  1. #1
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    15,708
    Thanks
    1,002
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,772 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Fox News and their Ilk are the worst

    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  2. #2
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,303
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 654 Times in 457 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Ironically I"ve said for years that every conservative needs to be tied to a chair and forced to watch A Christmas Carol and every liberal needs to be tied to a chair and forced to watch The Ant and the Grasshopper. Fat chance of that happening though, huh?

  3. #3
    Anytime Now Frankie... mossy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,579
    Thanks
    822
    Thanked 677 Times in 331 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fox "news" spreading lies and bias? I'm beyond shock.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to mossy For This Useful Post:

    Prikichi (12-27-2016)

  5. #4
    Clique Leader weso1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    [Omitted]
    Posts
    5,171
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked 2,175 Times in 1,237 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a sharticle that is.

    Also, everyone has seen A Christmas Carol. I don't know what that has to do with conservatives.

  6. #5
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,303
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 654 Times in 457 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    What a sharticle that is.

    Also, everyone has seen A Christmas Carol. I don't know what that has to do with conservatives.
    Then maybe you need to watch it again, or maybe you really aren't that conservative.

  7. #6
    **NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,521
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 311 Times in 248 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    What a sharticle that is.

    Also, everyone has seen A Christmas Carol. I don't know what that has to do with conservatives.

    I guess they're trying to imply that conservatives don't care about poor people when stats show that conservatives donate and gift more than liberals do

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

    Garmel (12-25-2016),weso1 (12-25-2016)

  9. #7
    if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,129
    Thanks
    1,719
    Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,014 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I guess they're trying to imply that conservatives don't care about poor people when stats show that conservatives donate and gift more than liberals do
    MIT researchers did find, however, was that conservatives give more to religious organizations, such as their own churches, and liberals more to secular recipients. Conservatives may give more overall, MIT says, but that's because they tend to be richer, so they have more money to give and get a larger tax benefit from giving it.
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions. Samuel Adams

    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

  10. #8
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,689
    Thanks
    2,973
    Thanked 653 Times in 426 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    MIT researchers did find, however, was that conservatives give more to religious organizations, such as their own churches, and liberals more to secular recipients. Conservatives may give more overall, MIT says, but that's because they tend to be richer, so they have more money to give and get a larger tax benefit from giving it.
    Conservatives are richer? Just last week you put up a map that showed how uneducated and poor conservative areas of the nation are.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Garmel For This Useful Post:

    BedellBrave (12-26-2016)

  12. #9
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    15,708
    Thanks
    1,002
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,772 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    What a sharticle that is.
    Makes me think you didn't read where Rightwing News Outlets accused this family of doing something they didn't do.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  13. #10
    Clique Leader weso1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    [Omitted]
    Posts
    5,171
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked 2,175 Times in 1,237 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Makes me think you didn't read where Rightwing News Outlets accused this family of doing something they didn't do.
    I read it, and already knew about it before reading your post. It contains a major disclaimer before the article actually begins.

  14. #11
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    15,708
    Thanks
    1,002
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,772 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I read it, and already knew about it before reading your post. It contains a major disclaimer before the article actually begins.
    The disclaimer ahs to do with th eterm fled. Not that the right wing media and their radical followers harassed these people. So yeah.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  15. #12
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,303
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 654 Times in 457 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I guess they're trying to imply that conservatives don't care about poor people when stats show that conservatives donate and gift more than liberals do
    I realize there are lots of wealthy people who are very generous, Bill and Melinda Gates come to mind though there are tons of others. Just like the great majority of cops never shoot anyone, let alone anyone who is unarmed, but in most of both of those cases you never hear about it.

    This doesn't have to be about only politics. With that said the last studies I've seen on the subject suggest that the majority of giving was done by those in the middle-middle class (back when we had one) down to the upper parts of the lower class. You know, those who could probably least afford it.

    But if you have actual study data I would love to see it.

  16. #13
    Clique Leader weso1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    [Omitted]
    Posts
    5,171
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked 2,175 Times in 1,237 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    The disclaimer ahs to do with th eterm fled. Not that the right wing media and their radical followers harassed these people. So yeah.
    “There’s no way we’re going to take a chance after the pizza incident,” they told the Lancaster reporter.

  17. #14
    Clique Leader weso1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    [Omitted]
    Posts
    5,171
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked 2,175 Times in 1,237 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I realize there are lots of wealthy people who are very generous, Bill and Melinda Gates come to mind though there are tons of others. Just like the great majority of cops never shoot anyone, let alone anyone who is unarmed, but in most of both of those cases you never hear about it.

    This doesn't have to be about only politics. With that said the last studies I've seen on the subject suggest that the majority of giving was done by those in the middle-middle class (back when we had one) down to the upper parts of the lower class. You know, those who could probably least afford it.

    But if you have actual study data I would love to see it.
    I think your grump should mainly be directed at corporatism. Conservatives are traditionally very giving, but just simply believe in the idea that government isn't the best vehicle to deliver the charity. Just because you support the government holding a gun to peoples' head and forcing them to give their money away to bureaucratic welfare systems doesn't mean you aren't a scrooge. Sure it makes you feel better about yourself, but it's not necessarily doing as much good or any good at all.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

    AerchAngel (12-26-2016),BedellBrave (12-25-2016)

  19. #15
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,303
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 654 Times in 457 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I think your grump should mainly be directed at corporatism. Conservatives are traditionally very giving, but just simply believe in the idea that government isn't the best vehicle to deliver the charity. Just because you support the government holding a gun to peoples' head and forcing them to give their money away to bureaucratic welfare systems doesn't mean you aren't a scrooge. Sure it makes you feel better about yourself, but it's not necessarily doing as much good or any good at all.
    Well let's see:
    1.) Agree on corporatism being a more usual suspect in the hoarding of resources and the negative effects it has on the poor and struggling and we all know there are more than a couple of Dems guilty of being in bed with that ilk (see the most recent Dem presidential nominee)
    2.) I keep hearing how generous conservatives are (and I even admitted many more wealthy folks are generous than we often hear about) but I'm waiting to see some good, reliable statistics on just how generous conservatives are, as opposed to other groups. Maybe you can supply some.
    3.) I don't believe I said anything about anyone needing to be generous by having a gun put to their head. Don't know if you're saying I was saying that or the usual conservative response of "I shouldn't have to give because I pay taxes". Maybe you can clear that one up.
    4.) Also don't know if you are saying I think it makes me feel better about MYSELF or if it was just a general sort of "you".

    I did notice a number of condescending "we're the good guys because we're conservatives and we already do the right thing pretty much all the time so save your breath and don't preach at us" stuff. Maybe this was not intended, maybe it was.

    I will say this though, I have NOT forgotten the arrogant conservatives bull****e that overflowed from the conservatives back during the W/Cheney years and all the nonsense that went with it. It wasn't right the and it isn't right now. I don't care how many mainstream religious folks your party has on the payroll who are more than willing to give you guys a pass on literally anything but hey I"m not in their union.


    So, just to clear things up:

    Laying on one's arse and wanting to be supported by the government---bad
    Using government programs like a bridge to get you from where you are to where you need to be-----fine
    Ambition/work ethic-----very good and necessary thing, human beings and maybe Americans more than anyone else, need that incentive to strive and excel
    Greed/out of control, "take as much as I can, even when it gets into cartoon figures amounts and no matter how many American workers I hurt in the process"----BAD

    And yeah, I still say every conservative should have to watch, or re-watch A Christmas Carol and every liberal should have to watch The Ant and the Grasshopper.


    EDIT: By the way, one last thing, taxation does not equal giving and no amount of telling yourself you are the greatest and pretty much infallible doesn't make it so.

  20. #16
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    5,246
    Thanks
    2,081
    Thanked 835 Times in 572 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Well let's see:
    1.) Agree on corporatism being a more usual suspect in the hoarding of resources and the negative effects it has on the poor and struggling and we all know there are more than a couple of Dems guilty of being in bed with that ilk (see the most recent Dem presidential nominee)
    2.) I keep hearing how generous conservatives are (and I even admitted many more wealthy folks are generous than we often hear about) but I'm waiting to see some good, reliable statistics on just how generous conservatives are, as opposed to other groups. Maybe you can supply some.
    3.) I don't believe I said anything about anyone needing to be generous by having a gun put to their head. Don't know if you're saying I was saying that or the usual conservative response of "I shouldn't have to give because I pay taxes". Maybe you can clear that one up.
    4.) Also don't know if you are saying I think it makes me feel better about MYSELF or if it was just a general sort of "you".

    I did notice a number of condescending "we're the good guys because we're conservatives and we already do the right thing pretty much all the time so save your breath and don't preach at us" stuff. Maybe this was not intended, maybe it was.

    I will say this though, I have NOT forgotten the arrogant conservatives bull****e that overflowed from the conservatives back during the W/Cheney years and all the nonsense that went with it. It wasn't right the and it isn't right now. I don't care how many mainstream religious folks your party has on the payroll who are more than willing to give you guys a pass on literally anything but hey I"m not in their union.


    So, just to clear things up:

    Laying on one's arse and wanting to be supported by the government---bad
    Using government programs like a bridge to get you from where you are to where you need to be-----fine
    Ambition/work ethic-----very good and necessary thing, human beings and maybe Americans more than anyone else, need that incentive to strive and excel
    Greed/out of control, "take as much as I can, even when it gets into cartoon figures amounts and no matter how many American workers I hurt in the process"----BAD

    And yeah, I still say every conservative should have to watch, or re-watch A Christmas Carol and every liberal should have to watch The Ant and the Grasshopper.


    EDIT: By the way, one last thing, taxation does not equal giving and no amount of telling yourself you are the greatest and pretty much infallible doesn't make it so.
    Google it. People cry about Christian churches about everything but they donate and do things for charity far more than Dummicrats do. Dummicrats are Scrooges to be honest, won't give you a dime and not very good Samaritans either. They will say, government will take care of you while you bleeding out and walk on to their next LGBT meeting.

  21. #17
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,303
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 654 Times in 457 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Google it. People cry about Christian churches about everything but they donate and do things for charity far more than Dummicrats do. Dummicrats are Scrooges to be honest, won't give you a dime and not very good Samaritans either. They will say, government will take care of you while you bleeding out and walk on to their next LGBT meeting.
    So dummicrats are not/cannot be Christians and repubs automatically are or something along those lines? Do the two have to be mutually exclusive?

  22. #18
    Boras' Client
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,374
    Thanks
    2,480
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 800 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  23. #19
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,303
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 654 Times in 457 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    so, which cities, states, etc., fine churches for trying to help the poor/homeless? This would seem to me to be a good cause for everyone to get behind (stopping this practice).

  24. #20
    Boras' Client
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,374
    Thanks
    2,480
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 800 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I realize there are lots of wealthy people who are very generous, Bill and Melinda Gates come to mind though there are tons of others. Just like the great majority of cops never shoot anyone, let alone anyone who is unarmed, but in most of both of those cases you never hear about it.

    This doesn't have to be about only politics. With that said the last studies I've seen on the subject suggest that the majority of giving was done by those in the middle-middle class (back when we had one) down to the upper parts of the lower class. You know, those who could probably least afford it.

    But if you have actual study data I would love to see it.

    Many of which are conservatives, right? At least the sort I know of. It's the world I swim in - middle class to upper lower class, with socially conservative views typically, and who give - of their money and time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •