Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    For some reason Mallex is criminally underrated within the brave fan community. He performed at all levels in the minors at good ages and showed flashes of his potential when he got into action.

Braves need to look to trade Nick for the best offer out there and play Mallex everyday.
    If this is the case, then he's criminally underrated by everyone in baseball.

His production has always been great, the question has simply been whether or not he will be able to hit major league pitching and whether or not his base-stealing ability will fully translate into the majors. There have been legitimate questions around both, which is why his status as a prospect never climbed particularly high.

If he replicates his minor league production, then we got a massive steal, but he'll need to hit somewhere around .280 for that to be the case, and no one is sure if he can do that.

I do agree I'd look to trade Markakis, though, for the simple reason that I like Mallex at least as much for what he does bring to the table and because I don't think Markakis will be a piece of a competitive team once we get there anyway.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to smootness For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-01-2017)