Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves "Kick Tires" on Dozier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts

Braves "Kick Tires" on Dozier

Apparently Heyman removed the original tweet. He originally said the Braves had "kicked the tires" on Brian Dozier. Seems he deleted that tweet and replaced it with one saying the Braves aren't in on Dozier. I had linked to the original tweet here but when Heyman removed it that just left an empty message.
    Last edited by striker42; 12-27-2016 at 08:38 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (12-27-2016)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Great post.
    Forever Fredi

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Freshmaker (12-26-2016), goldfly (12-26-2016), jpx7 (12-26-2016), Knucksie (12-26-2016), UNCBlue012 (12-27-2016)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Where's the car?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (12-27-2016), UNCBlue012 (12-27-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Reminds me of Uggla.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts

9. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (12-27-2016)

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    It'd be cool if they traded for Hunter Dozier instead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Hunter Dozier was my thoughts! haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Great post.
    I uploaded the tweet but Heyman pulled it almost immediately after leaving a blank post. So the snark really wasn't necessary.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I uploaded the tweet but Heyman pulled it almost immediately after leaving a blank post.So the snark really wasn't necessary.
    Still was funny though to open the thread and have it absolutely blank. I waited 10 seconds for something to load and refreshed the page twice before I realized there was nothing.

I looked up the story after I saw your post to see what really went down, so I know what you intended to post.
    Forever Fredi

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Freshmaker (12-30-2016), JohnAdcox (12-27-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Still was funny though to open the thread and have it absolutely blank. I waited 10 seconds for something to load and refreshed the page twice before I realized there was nothing.

I looked up the story after I saw your post to see what really went down, so I know what you intended to post.
    The weird thing was that since I was posting it on my phone, apparently it just remembered what was supposed to be there and kept displaying the tweet. It made a lot of the responses in this thread puzzling until I looked it up on an actual computer this morning.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Wouldn't be worth it for us. We're not 1 player away, and we have Albies coming up who'll need a place to play and 2B is the likely home.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    I uploaded the tweet but Heyman pulled it almost immediately after leaving a blank post. So the snark really wasn't necessary.
    Things like that happen. Everybody understands. It was worth it for a laugh though. No harm done.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Wouldn't be worth it for us. We're not 1 player away, and we have Albies coming up who'll need a place to play and 2B is the likely home.
    Funny thing about this every time someone says it. No one's ever "one player away" until they get more players, so doesn't adding more good players make sense???

Not that I'd recommend a Dozier trade, but let's just imagine for a moment that the brass was actually interested. If you plug him in at 2B, aren't you suddenly MUCH closer to being "one player away"? Just a guess, but an Albies/Wisler package probably gets him. Adding Dozier's pop at typically non-pop position allows you to get by with a Ruiz/Garcia platoon at 3B if you chose. If you suddenly have...

Inciarte, Swanson, Freeman, Kemp, Markakis, Dozier, Flowers, Ruiz/Garcia

are you then "one player away"? Then go give the White Sox Mallex/Newcomb/Demeritte/Toussaint for Quintana?

Just not sure how you get to "one player away" from where we are without adding more players - whomever they are.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Thank you for listing out the new lineup with the potential addition of Dozier. I know I was having a tough time envisioning what it would look like with 1 different player than what they have now.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    We're real stupid if we give up Albies for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    We're real stupid if we give up Albies for him.
    to say nothing of albies plus wisler
    Last edited by nsacpi; 12-27-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Funny thing about this every time someone says it. No one's ever "one player away" until they get more players, so doesn't adding more good players make sense???
    It does. But the BRaves are a team in rebuild. Aside from Freddie they have no stars on offense. Swanson is developing and maybe could be a star, but we'll have to see. What you're advocating is blowing up the farm to acquire 2 major league players. Of course what you're proposing may not even be close to what the other team would actually want. But I digress.

Even with all those moves, do we have the pitching to win? Probably not.

Don't get me wrong, if he repeats last year Dozier would be a colossal improvement over Ozzie/Jace. But that's a pretty big if.

What the BRaves should be doing now is pretty much what they have been this offseason. Signing guys to 1 year deals who maybe you'll be able to trade for fringe prospects. Then you hit next year's FA class which includes Lucroy,Lawrie, Walker, Frazier, Moosetacos, Hyun Soo Kim, Carlos Gomez, Lorenzo Cain, Bruce, CarGo, J.D. Martinez, Davish, Eovaldi, and more. And you can hold out for the following year which will have McCann (has an option, can't see it being picked up), Dozier, DOnaldson, Adam Jones, Leonys Martin, Blackmon, Harper, Machado, Segura, Harvey, Pomeranz, and opt out candidates, Andrus, Heyward, Tomas, Kershaw, Price,and Melancon. My guess is Price, Kershaw opt out. Heyward and Andrus probably don't but who knows.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Then you hit next year's FA class which includes Lucroy
    Was counting the minutes before that name was going to get dropped.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Knucksie For This Useful Post:

clvclv (12-27-2016)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    It does. But the BRaves are a team in rebuild. Aside from Freddie they have no stars on offense. Swanson is developing and maybe could be a star, but we'll have to see. What you're advocating is blowing up the farm to acquire 2 major league players. Of course what you're proposing may not even be close to what the other team would actually want. But I digress.

Even with all those moves, do we have the pitching to win? Probably not.

Don't get me wrong, if he repeats last year Dozier would be a colossal improvement over Ozzie/Jace. But that's a pretty big if.

What the BRaves should be doing now is pretty much what they have been this offseason. Signing guys to 1 year deals who maybe you'll be able to trade for fringe prospects. Then you hit next year's FA class which includes Lucroy,Lawrie, Walker, Frazier, Moosetacos, Hyun Soo Kim, Carlos Gomez, Lorenzo Cain, Bruce, CarGo, J.D. Martinez, Davish, Eovaldi, and more. And you can hold out for the following year which will have McCann (has an option, can't see it being picked up), Dozier, DOnaldson, Adam Jones, Leonys Martin, Blackmon, Harper, Machado, Segura, Harvey, Pomeranz, and opt out candidates, Andrus, Heyward, Tomas, Kershaw, Price,and Melancon. My guess is Price, Kershaw opt out. Heyward and Andrus probably don't but who knows.

The point is that it's not hard to see where several of the rumors this winter have come from.

You only get the chance to add some players every-so-often. When potential long-term considerations become "available", it isn't that big a stretch to draw the conclusion that the Braves might be "in on them" - particularly when they can be had for pieces we have.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't personally add some of the players we've been mentioned as being in on, but that doesn't necessarily make those people who mentioned acquiring them "idiots". We have arguably the deepest system in the game, so we have the pieces to trade for just about anyone the brass decides to. Now that Ender has been locked up and identified as a "core player", not only is Mallex "excess" - you're not really looking to have someone else as a leadoff hitter. That doesn't mean I'd simply give Mallex or Albies away (by any stretch), but this winter has shown us that the brass intends to have Ender and Swanson hitting in front of Freeman for the long run. With that being the case, aren't you somewhat "wasting" Mallex' and Albies' talents if you're going to slide them down to the bottom of the order?

Adding a guy like Dozier makes sense IF you intend to extend him as another core piece. Why tuck an "extra" leadoff guy away in the #8 or #9-hole if you can add another 30+ HR bat?

Really just playing devil's advocate in most situations, but it's not ridiculous for people to tie us to other "win now" pieces when we just added three arms to the rotation and the new park's opening.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Reminds me of Uggla.
    Dozier is about three times the athlete that Uggla is. He plays a pretty decent 2B, but I don't know if he could move to another position. When Dozier gets in a groove, the ball flies all over the park. But he periodically has a month when his contact rate is so bad he may as well be trying to hit with a broomstick.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 12-29-2016 at 08:37 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

clvclv (12-28-2016)