User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 157

Thread: Braves "Kick Tires" on Dozier

  1. #1
    Anytime Now Frankie... striker42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,490
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 716 Times in 393 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Braves "Kick Tires" on Dozier

    Apparently Heyman removed the original tweet. He originally said the Braves had "kicked the tires" on Brian Dozier. Seems he deleted that tweet and replaced it with one saying the Braves aren't in on Dozier. I had linked to the original tweet here but when Heyman removed it that just left an empty message.
    Last edited by striker42; 12-27-2016 at 08:38 AM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

    BedellBrave (12-27-2016)

  3. #2
    Our Leader.
    Always and Forever.
    Forever Fredi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    13,450
    Thanks
    4,650
    Thanked 4,762 Times in 2,721 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great post.

    Atlanta Braves - Arsenal - Federer -

    "
    So I'll make you a deal, let me post again and I'll drop this whole narrative about you being intolerant and so on."
    - A PM sent from Tomahawking4life to me 11/21/'16

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Forever Fredi For This Useful Post:

    Freshmaker (12-26-2016),goldfly (12-26-2016),jpx7 (12-26-2016),Knucksie (12-26-2016),UNCBlue012 (12-27-2016)

  5. #3
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,365
    Thanks
    2,290
    Thanked 3,417 Times in 2,064 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's the car?

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

    Forever Fredi (12-27-2016),UNCBlue012 (12-27-2016)

  7. #4
    Anytime Now Frankie... striker42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,490
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 716 Times in 393 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of Uggla.

  8. #5
    Anytime Now Frankie... striker42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,490
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 716 Times in 393 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

    UNCBlue012 (12-27-2016)

  10. #6
    Gwinnett Bound
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    614
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 222 Times in 133 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd be cool if they traded for Hunter Dozier instead

  11. #7
    It's OVER 5,000! UNCBlue012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,167
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked 754 Times in 544 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunter Dozier was my thoughts! haha
    "Can a man still be brave if he is afraid? That is the only time a man can be brave." - G.R.R.M (Game of Thrones)

    "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald (G. Gatsby)

  12. #8
    Anytime Now Frankie... striker42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,490
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 716 Times in 393 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Great post.
    I uploaded the tweet but Heyman pulled it almost immediately after leaving a blank post. So the snark really wasn't necessary.

  13. #9
    Our Leader.
    Always and Forever.
    Forever Fredi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    13,450
    Thanks
    4,650
    Thanked 4,762 Times in 2,721 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I uploaded the tweet but Heyman pulled it almost immediately after leaving a blank post.So the snark really wasn't necessary.
    Still was funny though to open the thread and have it absolutely blank. I waited 10 seconds for something to load and refreshed the page twice before I realized there was nothing.

    I looked up the story after I saw your post to see what really went down, so I know what you intended to post.

    Atlanta Braves - Arsenal - Federer -

    "
    So I'll make you a deal, let me post again and I'll drop this whole narrative about you being intolerant and so on."
    - A PM sent from Tomahawking4life to me 11/21/'16

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forever Fredi For This Useful Post:

    Freshmaker (12-30-2016),JohnAdcox (12-27-2016)

  15. #10
    Anytime Now Frankie... striker42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,490
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 716 Times in 393 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Still was funny though to open the thread and have it absolutely blank. I waited 10 seconds for something to load and refreshed the page twice before I realized there was nothing.

    I looked up the story after I saw your post to see what really went down, so I know what you intended to post.
    The weird thing was that since I was posting it on my phone, apparently it just remembered what was supposed to be there and kept displaying the tweet. It made a lot of the responses in this thread puzzling until I looked it up on an actual computer this morning.

  16. #11
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    15,627
    Thanks
    992
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 1,762 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't be worth it for us. We're not 1 player away, and we have Albies coming up who'll need a place to play and 2B is the likely home.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  17. #12
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,653
    Thanks
    728
    Thanked 348 Times in 250 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I uploaded the tweet but Heyman pulled it almost immediately after leaving a blank post. So the snark really wasn't necessary.
    Things like that happen. Everybody understands. It was worth it for a laugh though. No harm done.

  18. #13
    "What is a clvclv"
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Nebo, NC
    Posts
    3,607
    Thanks
    2,151
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 855 Posts
    Blog Entries
    21
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Wouldn't be worth it for us. We're not 1 player away, and we have Albies coming up who'll need a place to play and 2B is the likely home.
    Funny thing about this every time someone says it. No one's ever "one player away" until they get more players, so doesn't adding more good players make sense???

    Not that I'd recommend a Dozier trade, but let's just imagine for a moment that the brass was actually interested. If you plug him in at 2B, aren't you suddenly MUCH closer to being "one player away"? Just a guess, but an Albies/Wisler package probably gets him. Adding Dozier's pop at typically non-pop position allows you to get by with a Ruiz/Garcia platoon at 3B if you chose. If you suddenly have...

    Inciarte, Swanson, Freeman, Kemp, Markakis, Dozier, Flowers, Ruiz/Garcia

    are you then "one player away"? Then go give the White Sox Mallex/Newcomb/Demeritte/Toussaint for Quintana?

    Just not sure how you get to "one player away" from where we are without adding more players - whomever they are.
    Editor/Columnist
    When Sid Slid
    https://whensidslidcronies.wordpress.com/


    @clvclvWSS on Twitter


    "Braves rebuild is going pretty damn well." - Kiley McDaniel

  19. #14
    Waiting for Free Agency
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,726
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 659 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for listing out the new lineup with the potential addition of Dozier. I know I was having a tough time envisioning what it would look like with 1 different player than what they have now.

  20. #15
    Boras' Client
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    4,284
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 721 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're real stupid if we give up Albies for him.

  21. #16
    Expects Huge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,062
    Thanks
    605
    Thanked 3,883 Times in 2,342 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    We're real stupid if we give up Albies for him.
    to say nothing of albies plus wisler
    Last edited by nsacpi; 12-27-2016 at 02:55 PM.

  22. #17
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    15,627
    Thanks
    992
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 1,762 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Funny thing about this every time someone says it. No one's ever "one player away" until they get more players, so doesn't adding more good players make sense???
    It does. But the BRaves are a team in rebuild. Aside from Freddie they have no stars on offense. Swanson is developing and maybe could be a star, but we'll have to see. What you're advocating is blowing up the farm to acquire 2 major league players. Of course what you're proposing may not even be close to what the other team would actually want. But I digress.

    Even with all those moves, do we have the pitching to win? Probably not.

    Don't get me wrong, if he repeats last year Dozier would be a colossal improvement over Ozzie/Jace. But that's a pretty big if.

    What the BRaves should be doing now is pretty much what they have been this offseason. Signing guys to 1 year deals who maybe you'll be able to trade for fringe prospects. Then you hit next year's FA class which includes Lucroy,Lawrie, Walker, Frazier, Moosetacos, Hyun Soo Kim, Carlos Gomez, Lorenzo Cain, Bruce, CarGo, J.D. Martinez, Davish, Eovaldi, and more. And you can hold out for the following year which will have McCann (has an option, can't see it being picked up), Dozier, DOnaldson, Adam Jones, Leonys Martin, Blackmon, Harper, Machado, Segura, Harvey, Pomeranz, and opt out candidates, Andrus, Heyward, Tomas, Kershaw, Price,and Melancon. My guess is Price, Kershaw opt out. Heyward and Andrus probably don't but who knows.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  23. #18
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,653
    Thanks
    728
    Thanked 348 Times in 250 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Then you hit next year's FA class which includes Lucroy
    Was counting the minutes before that name was going to get dropped.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Knucksie For This Useful Post:

    clvclv (12-27-2016)

  25. #19
    "What is a clvclv"
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Nebo, NC
    Posts
    3,607
    Thanks
    2,151
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 855 Posts
    Blog Entries
    21
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    It does. But the BRaves are a team in rebuild. Aside from Freddie they have no stars on offense. Swanson is developing and maybe could be a star, but we'll have to see. What you're advocating is blowing up the farm to acquire 2 major league players. Of course what you're proposing may not even be close to what the other team would actually want. But I digress.

    Even with all those moves, do we have the pitching to win? Probably not.

    Don't get me wrong, if he repeats last year Dozier would be a colossal improvement over Ozzie/Jace. But that's a pretty big if.

    What the BRaves should be doing now is pretty much what they have been this offseason. Signing guys to 1 year deals who maybe you'll be able to trade for fringe prospects. Then you hit next year's FA class which includes Lucroy,Lawrie, Walker, Frazier, Moosetacos, Hyun Soo Kim, Carlos Gomez, Lorenzo Cain, Bruce, CarGo, J.D. Martinez, Davish, Eovaldi, and more. And you can hold out for the following year which will have McCann (has an option, can't see it being picked up), Dozier, DOnaldson, Adam Jones, Leonys Martin, Blackmon, Harper, Machado, Segura, Harvey, Pomeranz, and opt out candidates, Andrus, Heyward, Tomas, Kershaw, Price,and Melancon. My guess is Price, Kershaw opt out. Heyward and Andrus probably don't but who knows.

    The point is that it's not hard to see where several of the rumors this winter have come from.

    You only get the chance to add some players every-so-often. When potential long-term considerations become "available", it isn't that big a stretch to draw the conclusion that the Braves might be "in on them" - particularly when they can be had for pieces we have.

    Like I said earlier, I wouldn't personally add some of the players we've been mentioned as being in on, but that doesn't necessarily make those people who mentioned acquiring them "idiots". We have arguably the deepest system in the game, so we have the pieces to trade for just about anyone the brass decides to. Now that Ender has been locked up and identified as a "core player", not only is Mallex "excess" - you're not really looking to have someone else as a leadoff hitter. That doesn't mean I'd simply give Mallex or Albies away (by any stretch), but this winter has shown us that the brass intends to have Ender and Swanson hitting in front of Freeman for the long run. With that being the case, aren't you somewhat "wasting" Mallex' and Albies' talents if you're going to slide them down to the bottom of the order?

    Adding a guy like Dozier makes sense IF you intend to extend him as another core piece. Why tuck an "extra" leadoff guy away in the #8 or #9-hole if you can add another 30+ HR bat?

    Really just playing devil's advocate in most situations, but it's not ridiculous for people to tie us to other "win now" pieces when we just added three arms to the rotation and the new park's opening.
    Editor/Columnist
    When Sid Slid
    https://whensidslidcronies.wordpress.com/


    @clvclvWSS on Twitter


    "Braves rebuild is going pretty damn well." - Kiley McDaniel

  26. #20
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,365
    Thanks
    2,290
    Thanked 3,417 Times in 2,064 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Reminds me of Uggla.
    Dozier is about three times the athlete that Uggla is. He plays a pretty decent 2B, but I don't know if he could move to another position. When Dozier gets in a groove, the ball flies all over the park. But he periodically has a month when his contact rate is so bad he may as well be trying to hit with a broomstick.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 12-29-2016 at 08:37 AM.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

    clvclv (12-28-2016)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •