Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **** You'd Want in Your Dream House

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    I would want a fully functioning recording studio with an old school Neve soundboard and a tape machine. I would have a Pro-Tools rig as well, but really want to be able to record to tape. It would be stocked with any instrument I would ever need, including my pick of Gibson guitars.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rniki10 View Post
    I would want a fully functioning recording studio with an old school Neve soundboard and a tape machine. I would have a Pro-Tools rig as well, but really want to be able to record to tape. It would be stocked with any instrument I would ever need, including my pick of Gibson guitars.
    So I have to presume you've watched Sound City?
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Have I not spoken of my love for Dave Grohl around here? I saw it in the theater at the one off screening the day before the release. Obviously, I can't have that Neve board but they are pretty great. Plus I just love the idea of still recording to tape in 2013. New and easier doesn't always mean better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    True. I think tape is great. The sound is great and most importantly you can't fake it as easy as you can electronically.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Some more **** I'd want

1. Not to copy Renee, but I always wanted a pretty simple setup. Soundproof, Neil Peart style drumset, just so I can goof around. I would get a 4 and 5 string bass, Fenders 50s/60s P Bass for the 4 and a Music Man 5 string Bass. For guitars I'd want way too many. But I'd want one of many styles like several Strats, a Jaguar, Telecaster, Jazzmaster, a few Les Pauls, a few SGs, a flying V, a few others I don't care to continue to list. And whatever Mic. I would have an electronic soundboard because odds are myself or someone else not experienced would be operating it.

2. A slide. 2 slides actually, one because it would be more fun to slide down then take an elevator. Second is a water slide from somewhere in the house to the pool outside. Just because.

3. While this doesn't qualify as something I need a ton of money to have. I'd want tap lines that run through the house so I can get beer all of the time without having to do things like go to the basement, or limiting my choices to what's in a kegerator in each room.

4. Wine/Beer Cellar. Set to perfect cellaring temps (around 60 or so) Wine would take up about half and beer the other half. I'd also have a complex barrel aging system for my beers.

5. Hop garden. Not a luxury thing at all but I really want one.