Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brandon Phillips vetoes trade to Braves

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    If your handle indicates where you live, then your post makes sense only if it comes from someone who never attends a game. The whole "so what if we lose" mantra is for fans who treat this like fantasy baseball. If you actually invest in the team, you want Kemp right where he is -- and hope he reports in shape.
    Originally from Oklahoma, but I've lived in Baton Rouge the past 7 years. I've had this handle for over 15 years now though, it would be a shame to change it.

I do only make it to a few games a year. I'd love to go to more, but I am unable to travel so frequently. Not sure why where I live has anything to do with my fandom or desire to see this team win. I certainly disagree my post *only* makes sense if I have a "So what if we lose mantra. "

I don't believe Kemp is that good. He makes a lot of money. He's blocking a position that would be relatively easy to upgrade. My desire to see him traded is based on my desire for us to win. It's fine if you disagree with that statement. Ultimately we both want the team to win, we just have different ideas in regards to what contributes to that.

I just don't feel it's reasonable to say that those who want Kemp gone aren't invested in the team. I simply don't share your opinion.
    Last edited by Oklahomabrave; 01-30-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    If your handle indicates where you live, then your post makes sense only if it comes from someone who never attends a game. The whole "so what if we lose" mantra is for fans who treat this like fantasy baseball. If you actually invest in the team, you want Kemp right where he is -- and hope he reports in shape.
    He could be in the best shape of his life but Kemp will still be massively overpaid. I would certainly rather overpay Phillips for 1 year than Kemp for 3 more. That being said I have a hard time believing the Reds would do this. I guess it depends on how much money we were sending back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    http://blogredmachine.com/2017/01/29...ndon-phillips/

This is the only article I found that linked Kemp to a Phillips trade. There are some factual mistakes in the article that undermine its credibility.
    That's the link I found. Like I said it was Fansided so it was take it with a grain of salt

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    No way that article is true. Why would the Reds use Kemp as a back up CF or RF. And the Pads are not paying most of the salary. The dodgers are paying a small portion. The Pads just took HO to help off set what the Braves are paying. That savings can't be traded.