Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
I am thinking about that, which is part of why I break with the party line on labor unions. However, I don't really think the left supports teachers unions due to their propensity for shifting teachers toward certain schools. The issue in this case is specifically with unions, not political ideology.
hiring/firing process, bad teachers get sent to bad areas is what I am talking about. The unions in cities like Milwaukee, Twin cities, Chicago, this is what they do. The teachers have power, the union have power the boards of these schools don't.

How I know because being in Wisconsin, with lots of family in Minneapolis and Chicago, I hear things. Mom is retired but she is in Kentucky so there they only have certain course of actions with bad teachers and students.

50 knows the political landscape of where bad teachers go in the Twin Cities and he probably would tell you that teachers get reassigned "fired at their position" instead of putting them out on the streets. They end up at bad (ie troubled) schools.