Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Obama, won't forget ya...

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    We need a President with guts to look into the face of Americans and say our education sucks because the parents suck. Education sucks because we live in a society where its wrong to discipline children. Education sucks because those who are most affected by it have no autonomy (teachers).

Those that are in the profession can probably add more but there are so many reasons why education sucks and sadly minorities are getting that brunt of that sucktitude.
    I disagree to an extent. You're not wrong that there are a lot of ****-awful parents out there contributing to problems in education, and that those ****ty parents range from the neglectful parents not taking responsibility for helping their kids to the overprotective not taking accountability for their kids' awfulness. However, I don't think you can place the blame on a parent when we don't provide current textbooks for entire districts, or when we hang on to teachers that have no business teaching children or cannot find new ones. As a society, we need to place a premium on the value of education, and take steps to make it a priority.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    who left you of all people to be a spokesman for "the Black Race"

I still question whether you are in fact African-American -- you are so far out of touch with the reality of Black America.
    Who the **** are you to question that? I disagree with AA on a variety of topics politically and socially, but I'd say that's a good thing with respect to race. One's identity need not be shaped by one's skin color. For someone putting Donald Trump on blast for his comments on Lewis this close to MLK day, I'd expect you to recognize that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Obama, the black race thanks you for being the first black president.

BUT YOU DID NOT DO SCHIT FOR US. You rather help Muslims, gays, Hispanics and other people but not your own kind. We have even more problems since you came in office.

Go f*ck yourself in your self made glory as it is all about you and leave our race to the whites who aren't going to lift one pinky to help us.
    I'm left with two distinct questions from this particular statement:

1) What is it that you feel Obama did to help Muslims, Hispanics and the LGBTQ community policy-wise that he should have been doing for the African American community? I've read and understand your position on how the left's views on race relations and how to move forward isn't the right course, but what exactly is it that Obama did for any of these groups that he could have done for black people?

2) Moving past policies, I'd argue that Obama was always rather consistent regarding his defense of the rights of African Americans, just as he was with those groups you singled out and with most Americans, honestly. He had candid discussions about the role of race in America and tried to be a voice for equality. Whether or not that is enough is obviously open for debate, but in that context I don't think he exactly attempted to leave out race in the national conversation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Who the **** are you to question that?.
    I am suspicious of people on baseball message boards claiming to speak for a block of society when their individual writings have little in common with the majority of said block of society.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I am suspicious of people on baseball message boards claiming to speak for a block of society when their individual writings have little in common with the majority of said block of society.
    So no irony in this post at all?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Do you doubt that I am a white male from Pennsylvania? Because I sure as **** didn't vote for Donald Trump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Of course not, but never saw you make a point of your race and then pass yourself off as a spokesperson.
    Where in Pa ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    So no irony in this post at all?
    I balk at being lumped into "the Left" for example. Have never written anything along the lines of " we of the left ... "

So no, I don't see the irony

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Of course not, but never saw you make a point of your race and then pass yourself off as a spokesperson.
    Where in Pa ?
    Ultimately my problem with your argument is that you appear to be telling AA that in order to be a legitimate black voice that he must hold certain views.

Indiana, PA

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (01-15-2017), thethe (01-15-2017)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

1) What is it that you feel Obama did to help Muslims, Hispanics and the LGBTQ community policy-wise that he should have been doing for the African American community? I've read and understand your position on how the left's views on race relations and how to move forward isn't the right course, but what exactly is it that Obama did for any of these groups that he could have done for black people?

2) Moving past policies, I'd argue that Obama was always rather consistent regarding his defense of the rights of African Americans, just as he was with those groups you singled out and with most Americans, honestly. He had candid discussions about the role of race in America and tried to be a voice for equality. Whether or not that is enough is obviously open for debate, but in that context I don't think he exactly attempted to leave out race in the national conversation.
    <sigh>

You don't get it. Well that is understandable, the media wants to keep blacks uninformed to real white Democrats. It has been that way for 50+ years.
    Last edited by AerchAngel; 01-15-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Although I generally break with the left on the topic of unions and also wouldn't necessarily argue that the left has done a good job with fixing this issue, I don't see it as a left-driven problem. As Oklahoma noted, there's a shortage of teachers, and even if a strong union is keeping poor teachers employed, I don't think the educational environment is strong enough to bring in qualified applicants. I don't quite know what the answer is between additional subsidies and the free market (sturg batsignal) but I think both sides need to come together to address it, and think it's frankly absurd to blame the overall issue on the left or on unions.
    The union and can pick and choose where teachers go. Think about that while I wait, especially in bigger cities, politics in the union is not an unknown concept. If an exceptional teacher don't want to go the hood, they aren't going. Think about that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Ultimately my problem with your argument is that you appear to be telling AA that in order to be a legitimate black voice that he must hold certain views.

Indiana, PA

The master slave owner paternalistic approach. If I don't do as he say I am not a n***** and obedient to my white master.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Wrong again. Many blacks hate the gay culture, look up the Black Illinois Caucus. Most blacks are Christians and do not like the Democrat dogma, but free stuff is a helluva drug for compliance.

Many people know my color, many people know my resolve, not only this board and others I preach about blacks getting from under their slave master the Democrats as they do not want us to prosper but be their voting servants. Give us free things, like crack cocaine it is a drug of control. There are a lot of blacks are like me and we speak and Democrats hate us because we educate and tell them we do not need Democrats to be better than what they want us to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

I will get back to you on that. I have a member in the Black Caucus that can answer it better since he pissed them off the most. I will forward this to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    mqt

I apologize, I knw you want to do what is right. Let me give you this link on why blacks and the Black Caucus is mad at Obama and things have not gotten better but worse.

Here.

This sums up the problem. When he said shut up and stop complaining is what did him in, but when the LGBT and Hispanics complained, or Muslims even, he ran to them and addressed their issues, but not anything for blacks, nothing, nada, not a damn thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    The union and can pick and choose where teachers go. Think about that while I wait, especially in bigger cities, politics in the union is not an unknown concept. If an exceptional teacher don't want to go the hood, they aren't going. Think about that.
    I am thinking about that, which is part of why I break with the party line on labor unions. However, I don't really think the left supports teachers unions due to their propensity for shifting teachers toward certain schools. The issue in this case is specifically with unions, not political ideology.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    mqt

I apologize, I knw you want to do what is right. Let me give you this link on why blacks and the Black Caucus is mad at Obama and things have not gotten better but worse.

Here.

This sums up the problem. When he said shut up and stop complaining is what did him in, but when the LGBT and Hispanics complained, or Muslims even, he ran to them and addressed their issues, but not anything for blacks, nothing, nada, not a damn thing.
    Thank you for that article, it certainly helps bring some clarity to your argument. However, it seems like at least a few of those issues have been at least addressed by Obama, even if it wasn't at the level hoped for, and some of the asks are quite honestly impossible to ask a president with a congress willing to roadblock even the most essential Presidential duties such as filling the Supreme Court. Was he perfect? No, but I don't think he was a disaster on these topics either.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (01-15-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I am thinking about that, which is part of why I break with the party line on labor unions. However, I don't really think the left supports teachers unions due to their propensity for shifting teachers toward certain schools. The issue in this case is specifically with unions, not political ideology.
    hiring/firing process, bad teachers get sent to bad areas is what I am talking about. The unions in cities like Milwaukee, Twin cities, Chicago, this is what they do. The teachers have power, the union have power the boards of these schools don't.

How I know because being in Wisconsin, with lots of family in Minneapolis and Chicago, I hear things. Mom is retired but she is in Kentucky so there they only have certain course of actions with bad teachers and students.

50 knows the political landscape of where bad teachers go in the Twin Cities and he probably would tell you that teachers get reassigned "fired at their position" instead of putting them out on the streets. They end up at bad (ie troubled) schools.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    mqt you are right about he tried to do some things but not the things that will help my race, give us a kick start, if you will.

Education
    Addressing black on black violence
    Out of wedlock children

The top three things that bother us. Jobs are down on the list and by statistics the worse but you can't keep or have a decent job without education and then jump to out of wedlock children, if you are straddle with 4 or 5 kids with different dads, how can a woman take care of them without any support.

This is what I am addressing. The violence part is probably the hardest to do and Democrats really don't care unless you bring in 2nd Admendment, which to blacks is laughable because I can buy a gun in 5 minutes if I want to illegally by a simple phone call.

As for 57, he wants me to be a house-broken n****r and that is all he cares about. Me being told what to do, what to say, how to live as long at is under his rule.

I bet he couldn't code a simple calculator in 4 languages like I can, or create a simple chemical compound or better yet my son and daughter can do those things and they are only 6 and 8 years old, you know why, I teach them. I teach them don't believe in the government because they lie and want to tell you what to do and how you do it. Be good and obedient students and the teachers will tell us if you are bad and if you are you will be denied things like for the rest of the day if you act up.

It works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Indiana, PA
    He doesn't see it. And if you are to suggest that there may in fact be African Americans who do not buy into the liberal ideology then you are charged with being racist and not understanding black people.
    Last edited by thethe; 01-15-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

23. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (01-15-2017)