Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Obama, won't forget ya...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    who left you of all people to be a spokesman for "the Black Race"

I still question whether you are in fact African-American -- you are so far out of touch with the reality of Black America.
    Your "blackness" becomes in question if you don't fall in line with the leftists. Sorry AA.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (01-14-2017), mqt (01-15-2017), NinersSBChamps (01-14-2017)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    I hope 57 is black because, otherwise, how patronizing for a white man to tell a black man what the reality of black America is or how he should feel about issues that affect black people.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (01-14-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    I hope 57 is black because, otherwise, how patronizing for a white man to tell a black man what the reality of black America is or how he should feel about issues that affect black people.
    Or the assumption that ALL black people fit into a monolith. There is absolutely no chance for any black people to view issues that impact them differently

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    By that idea AA should preface " this black man thinks". Rather than presuming he speaks for all. My interactions find him fulla crap
    If in fact he is black !!!

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    By that idea AA should preface " this black man thinks". Rather than presuming he speaks for all. My interactions find him fulla crap
    If in fact he is black !!!
    Sav knows I am black and those on FB as well.

Yes, I am a spokesperson for the black race in my community.

Fact is that you are as what people say. You want to keep me and my race down because the only people you can control is us and those who you can manipulate. I never seen Republicans or Conservatives manipulate a certain section of people. Um what is their MO, you do what you can do with life without us parenting you or live and let live. You keep them in a fold your message would be heard and if we dare shake the apple cart, you will trump up something to our race to keep us in the fold. That is how you operate.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    who left you of all people to be a spokesman for "the Black Race"

I still question whether you are in fact African-American -- you are so far out of touch with the reality of Black America.

Come on 57. You can do better than that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (01-14-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Thinking here is statistics are telling us teen pregnancies are down during Obama's time.
    Would think that a positive for the "black community"

or, merely, all Americans
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Thinking here is statistics are telling us teen pregnancies are down during Obama's time.
    Would think that a positive for the "black community"

or, merely, all Americans

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (01-14-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Save it peeps. 57 just want an obedient black man to be our master so he can make sure we are taking care of as long as we do what he says.

He is no better than the slave masters we had when we were sold to the southerners.

Blacks really don't like people like him to be honest. We hate paternalism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-15-2017)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I've never understood why the "parents plan til 26" is a thing... or even a good thing.

Why not 27? Or 37? Or 67? Why is it a good thing? I'm not following

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (01-15-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I've never understood why the "parents plan til 26" is a thing... or even a good thing.

Why not 27? Or 37? Or 67? Why is it a good thing? I'm not following
    They should extended as much as child support but you know they can't because black fathers don't pay child support so they put that in there because some blacks can't get edumacated till they are 26 due to Democrat policies that makes it slow for them to get a proper education. Democrats send the worse teachers to the black neighborhood for this reason only by the union. YOu have no idea how bad the teachers records are for the poor areas where black is the majority. My mom call it the punish room for teachers. Where she is were the teachers that had bad marks get sent to Metro centers, the ones that have bad kids and the teachers don't bother since they have a black mark to really teach. They are just referees keeping the peace. YOu see Democrats don't want you so know or see that. If they can send bad teachers to bad schools and keep feeding my race bad education, you keep your votes and you keep us down. Hey, this is from the mouth of a teacher and her principal and best friend. They don't like it but they do what the union say.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Sav knows I am black and those on FB as well.

Yes, I am a spokesperson for the black race in my community.

Fact is that you are as what people say. You want to keep me and my race down because the only people you can control is us and those who you can manipulate. I never seen Republicans or Conservatives manipulate a certain section of people. Um what is their MO, you do what you can do with life without us parenting you or live and let live. You keep them in a fold your message would be heard and if we dare shake the apple cart, you will trump up something to our race to keep us in the fold. That is how you operate.
    I defer to you on perspectives relating to race, but I have to take issue with what I've bolded in one your posts above. Both sides manipulate through the use of various imagries and it was highly evident in the past election. If you don't think some of Trump's language was used to manipulate, you must have been asleep. Same thing goes for Walker in Wisconsin. Going way back, read McGinnis' The Selling of a President which outlined the 1968 election strategy used by Nixon. Before that conservatives were going around calling everyone a Communist.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    They should extended as much as child support but you know they can't because black fathers don't pay child support so they put that in there because some blacks can't get edumacated till they are 26 due to Democrat policies that makes it slow for them to get a proper education. Democrats send the worse teachers to the black neighborhood for this reason only by the union. YOu have no idea how bad the teachers records are for the poor areas where black is the majority. My mom call it the punish room for teachers. Where she is were the teachers that had bad marks get sent to Metro centers, the ones that have bad kids and the teachers don't bother since they have a black mark to really teach. They are just referees keeping the peace. YOu see Democrats don't want you so know or see that. If they can send bad teachers to bad schools and keep feeding my race bad education, you keep your votes and you keep us down. Hey, this is from the mouth of a teacher and her principal and best friend. They don't like it but they do what the union say.
    I work on education policy and there's no doubt that the quality of education in urban centers leaves much to be desired. That said, I don't see how anything Secretary DeVos will propose will likely change matters dramatically. Charters? We've seen a lot of self-segregation in Minnesota due to charters and achievement is absolutely miserable and worse than the traditional option in many settings where African-Americans have chosen to send their children. More teachers of color? Thirty years ago when I was on legislative staff, we set aside a fair chunk of change to recruit teachers of color. Very few takers. There is a massive teacher shortage, but no one is interested in the profession anymore. Pay isn't that great. You get yelled at by everyone. The test scores of your students are sliced and diced and if they are low, you get publicly pilloried. I don't think the teachers' unions are perfect by any means, but I don't see why they should be blamed for housing patterns, low family stability, and lack of economic opportunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I work on education policy and there's no doubt that the quality of education in urban centers leaves much to be desired. That said, I don't see how anything Secretary DeVos will propose will likely change matters dramatically. Charters? We've seen a lot of self-segregation in Minnesota due to charters and achievement is absolutely miserable and worse than the traditional option in many settings where African-Americans have chosen to send their children. More teachers of color? Thirty years ago when I was on legislative staff, we set aside a fair chunk of change to recruit teachers of color. Very few takers. There is a massive teacher shortage, but no one is interested in the profession anymore. Pay isn't that great. You get yelled at by everyone. The test scores of your students are sliced and diced and if they are low, you get publicly pilloried. I don't think the teachers' unions are perfect by any means, but I don't see why they should be blamed for housing patterns, low family stability, and lack of economic opportunity.
    You see what I've seen. But you are talking the Twin Cities and I have no doubt teachers with bad markings will be sent to schools with the majority being African Americans or Charter schools. Go ahead and research it. It might be hard, but having a mom that teach and her best friend is the principal, I get the scoop on how she and the board operates with the union pulling strings. It is what it is.

Go ahead and research, you will see I am telling the truth. Here in Wisconsin, Milwaukee and Madison does the same things, their charter schools receive the worse teachers based on merits.

What they should do is send the BEST teachers to those areas so education received is premium but then the elites Dems and Reps will cry about that and the teachers themselves.

We are boned no matter what.

Not many people like I can afford to send kids to private school like I have done and continue to do now. I pay for it yes, but I receive the best education in the state of Wisconsin and my eldest in Germany and she is in a great career field which she would not even bet looked at if she was in public German school unless she did an extra two years. Those with money overseas can receive a better education and better standing, which my ex and I took advantage of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I defer to you on perspectives relating to race, but I have to take issue with what I've bolded in one your posts above. Both sides manipulate through the use of various imagries and it was highly evident in the past election. If you don't think some of Trump's language was used to manipulate, you must have been asleep. Same thing goes for Walker in Wisconsin. Going way back, read McGinnis' The Selling of a President which outlined the 1968 election strategy used by Nixon. Before that conservatives were going around calling everyone a Communist.
    How do Conservatives dictate what blacks do? Tell me? This should be interesting. Do you not see how Democrats purposely keep us down with their paternalistic attitude, do you see them preaching that black dads should bring up their kids, do you see them trying to keep them in schools, or better yet tell them to quit killing each other. Conservatives will not do anything because if they tried, they get shot down as in, you butt out of it. What single policy has the Conservatives done or for that matter any Democrat agency to help blacks in any way shape or form, from charities and what not. Good luck.

Democrats talk the talk but not walk the walk, especially Obama, they are freaking furious he leaves office and we are still or in worse shape than when he came in. Refute that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    We need a President with guts to look into the face of Americans and say our education sucks because the parents suck. Education sucks because we live in a society where its wrong to discipline children. Education sucks because those who are most affected by it have no autonomy (teachers).

Those that are in the profession can probably add more but there are so many reasons why education sucks and sadly minorities are getting that brunt of that sucktitude.
    Natural Immunity Croc

24. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (01-15-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    How do Conservatives dictate what blacks do? Tell me? This should be interesting. Do you not see how Democrats purposely keep us down with their paternalistic attitude, do you see them preaching that black dads should bring up their kids, do you see them trying to keep them in schools, or better yet tell them to quit killing each other. Conservatives will not do anything because if they tried, they get shot down as in, you butt out of it. What single policy has the Conservatives done or for that matter any Democrat agency to help blacks in any way shape or form, from charities and what not. Good luck.

Democrats talk the talk but not walk the walk, especially Obama, they are freaking furious he leaves office and we are still or in worse shape than when he came in. Refute that.
    Creating an environment of victim hood certainly isn't helping the black community and that is exactly what the left pushes.
    Natural Immunity Croc

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Creating an environment of victim hood certainly isn't helping the black community and that is exactly what the left pushes.

It's not only victimhood. Liberals treat blacks like they are mentally challenged adults or even babies. The white apologists or liberal blowhards think of every excuse for black failure and call out every excuse imaginable but never actually says it's the blacks fault and hold them accountable. Maybe it helps people like 57 sleep better at night
    Last edited by Krgrecw; 01-15-2017 at 09:51 AM.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Although I generally break with the left on the topic of unions and also wouldn't necessarily argue that the left has done a good job with fixing this issue, I don't see it as a left-driven problem. As Oklahoma noted, there's a shortage of teachers, and even if a strong union is keeping poor teachers employed, I don't think the educational environment is strong enough to bring in qualified applicants. I don't quite know what the answer is between additional subsidies and the free market (sturg batsignal) but I think both sides need to come together to address it, and think it's frankly absurd to blame the overall issue on the left or on unions.