Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Braves acquire Micah Johnson

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    You're unhinged. Go back to your desk with your Mountain Dew and Donuts in your moms basement where you make believe you're a brilliant coder. Turbo Pascal is a great programming language.
    Turbo Pascal isn't a programming language, it is an IDE that utilizes the Pascal programming language.

Folks typically code in C# or a trendy web language nowadays. I wouldn't call myself a brilliant coder, but I get the job done...even if it ends up a bit hacky!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I mean straight from MLB Trade Rumors: "He has been on the prospect radar for some time though he hasn’t performed well in limited major league action."
    And that means "top prospect" in your world?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Turbo Pascal isn't a programming language, it is an IDE that utilizes the Pascal programming language.

Folks typically code in C# or a trendy web language nowadays. I wouldn't call myself a brilliant coder, but I get the job done...even if it ends up a bit hacky!
    Yes, I'm fully aware of programming languages. I have to code in my job as well. Also who hyped him? It was said he was a solid prospect at one time and it's good gamble for nothing. That's hype in your world?

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Grabbing Micah is perfectly fine. I'm just poking fun at folks that want to start hyping him and calling him a "former top prospect". As usual, the targets of my prodding started taking it personally and began to cry.

It's going to be OK guys. You will survive someone giving you **** on the internet, I promise. Nobody will take your participation trophies away or anything.

Thanks for making everyone feel better. No one here is likely to want to take your phallic headgear away either...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by percival View Post
    Thanks for making everyone feel better. No one here is likely to want to take your phallic headgear away either...
    That was too smart for me. I don't get it.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Grabbing Micah is perfectly fine. I'm just poking fun at folks that want to start hyping him and calling him a "former top prospect". As usual, the targets of my prodding started taking it personally and began to cry.

It's going to be OK guys. You will survive someone giving you **** on the internet, I promise. Nobody will take your participation trophies away or anything.
    I think the point of contention is that even if you're just poking fun, I still disagree with your assessment. Johnson is not far removed from having a 45 FV stuck on him to go along with a carrying tool in his speed.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    I am reminded of why I don't post here much.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

clvclv (01-14-2017), Freshmaker (01-14-2017), Garmel (01-13-2017), Hawk (01-14-2017), thethe (01-14-2017), TURBO (01-14-2017)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    [QUOTE=Enscheff;361196]I suppose we define "top prospect" differently. You must consider Brandon Marsh, currently the #4 prospect in the Angels system, a "top prospect"? Same with Derek Hill, the #4 guy for the Tigers?

Derp along guys, derp along all day long![/QUOTE]

Your first comment was reasonable and appropriate. The little addendum is the reason people get frustrated with you.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    [QUOTE=mfree80;361227]
    I suppose we define "top prospect" differently. You must consider Brandon Marsh, currently the #4 prospect in the Angels system, a "top prospect"? Same with Derek Hill, the #4 guy for the Tigers?

Derp along guys, derp along all day long![/QUOTE]

Your first comment was reasonable and appropriate. The little addendum is the reason people get frustrated with you.
    Hint--he likes it. You are giving him his outlet of pleasure. Seriously. This site has good content without engaging him. Let him sit in the corner twiddling his wiener while everyone else engages in conversation. I promise you, guys like him will either stop with the bs or leave when you stop reacting to it.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    Enough with the back and forth nonsense.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

thethe (01-13-2017)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory Mrs. Meta's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    See you guys on opening day!
    "Water seeks its own level, and that will be the case with Francoeur." ~50PoundHead

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs. Meta For This Useful Post:

Freshmaker (01-14-2017)

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    This guy has stud potential! Bravo on a great signing! This guy is a top prospect!

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    This guy has stud potential! Bravo on a great signing! This guy is a top prospect!
    This site has a few people who use their genius to engage other members in great conversation, debate and disagreement. There is always someone derailing a thread with supreme analysis and Internet superiority. No name needed. I'd rather debate the topic at hand:

"Johnson has seen a bit of time in the Majors, mostly with the 2015 White Sox (plus another six plate appearances in L.A. this past season). In 120 career plate appearances at the big league level, Johnson has a .226/.296/.264 batting line. However, he’s a career .281/.336/.392 hitter in parts of three Triple-A campaigns even in spite of his poor work at that level in 2016. And, he’s just a couple of years removed from ranking as Chicago’s No. 4 prospect in the eyes of both Baseball America and MLB.com. (He also ranked second on MLB.com’s list of the game’s best second base prospects that year.) Johnson has received 80-grades (on the 20-80 scale) for his speed and drawn positive reviews for his bat-to-ball skills. He’s never been said to have much power in his bat, though, and he’s also been plagued by elbow, hamstring and knee injuries dating back to his college days". -Steve Adams

I don't know about top prospect designations,but he was highly regarded a couple of years back. I'm not hyped by the trade but he may be Mallex-esque. Meh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    No reason to get worked up either way about this deal. Obviously Johnson has some ability but its tough to think he will have a big impact on the team.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    I see Johnson competing with Jace for a spot on the OD roster. Maybe the loser of that competition goes to Gwinnett to take a shot at CF.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Top 10 in the Dodgers system is something

Nobody is expecting magic. But maybe

The good thing is we are gambling on some youth and talent instead of a 33 yo vet

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,029 Posts
    A top prospect? I don't see a single reference to him being a Top 100 guy on his MiLB player page:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...d=johnso018mic

Sometimes I wonder where you come up with the "info" you post. You just make it up most of the time?

Now it's time for you to call me a jerk for posting facts that counter your incorrect statements. Please be ready to change your signature.
    Hey, do you have any projected facts to share on Micah Johnson? Or should I just use my own judgement?

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Hope Johnson can get back on the right track. Also good to use that ignore feature at times.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    This site has a few people who use their genius to engage other members in great conversation, debate and disagreement. There is always someone derailing a thread with supreme analysis and Internet superiority. No name needed. I'd rather debate the topic at hand:

"Johnson has seen a bit of time in the Majors, mostly with the 2015 White Sox (plus another six plate appearances in L.A. this past season). In 120 career plate appearances at the big league level, Johnson has a .226/.296/.264 batting line. However, he’s a career .281/.336/.392 hitter in parts of three Triple-A campaigns even in spite of his poor work at that level in 2016. And, he’s just a couple of years removed from ranking as Chicago’s No. 4 prospect in the eyes of both Baseball America and MLB.com. (He also ranked second on MLB.com’s list of the game’s best second base prospects that year.) Johnson has received 80-grades (on the 20-80 scale) for his speed and drawn positive reviews for his bat-to-ball skills. He’s never been said to have much power in his bat, though, and he’s also been plagued by elbow, hamstring and knee injuries dating back to his college days". -Steve Adams

I don't know about top prospect designations,but he was highly regarded a couple of years back. I'm not hyped by the trade but he may be Mallex-esque. Meh

That is fine. I just get tired of seeing the reactions when the Braves acquire some unknown player and then all of a sudden the potential increases exponentially as soon as he's in the Braves system.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    No reason to get worked up either way about this deal. Obviously Johnson has some ability but its tough to think he will have a big impact on the team.
    Turn in your fan card! This will prove to be so beneficial in just a couple years. Every move this team has made has helped cement it as a yearly competiitor to win.