Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump, the 'Russian' President?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

Trump, the 'Russian' President?

Is that the way it's going to read in history books one day?

Trump supporters see no problem with the fact that our new President has such a cozy relationship with Putin. These people seem to believe Putin's interest in Trump isn't to do serious damage to America. Or do they think Trump is just conning Putin?

The GOP has not only embraced the man, but in doing so they have shown themselves to be hypocrites to their very core. Trump is hundred times more guilty than Hillary on all the faux nationalistic claims against her.

Corruption? National Security? They are willing to overlook much when it's their guy.

Who will America's allies be in the future and how can they trust Trump on anything??? Why would an intelligence agency of any country share anything with America with Trump as its leader?

Countries all over the world are re-thinking their relationship with America and the minute Trump is sworn in the American "brand" is gonna take a major hit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Putin's Real Long Game

"...Second, it’s all one war machine. Military, technological, information, diplomatic, economic, cultural, criminal, and other tools are all controlled by the state and deployed toward one set of strategic objectives. This is the Gerasimov doctrine, penned by Valery Gerasimov, the Russian Chief of the General Staff, in 2013. Political warfare is meant to achieve specific political outcomes favorable to the Kremlin: it is preferred to physical conflict because it is cheap and easy. The Kremlin has many notches in its belt in this category, some of which have been attributed, many likely not. It’s a mistake to see this campaign in the traditional terms of political alliances: rarely has the goal been to install overtly pro-Russian governments. Far more often, the goal is simply to replace Western-style democratic regimes with illiberal, populist, or nationalist ones.

Third, information warfare is not about creating an alternate truth, but eroding our basic ability to distinguish truth at all. It is not “propaganda” as we’ve come to think of it, but the less obvious techniques known in Russia as “active measures” and “reflexive control”. Both are designed to make us, the targets, act against our own best interests. ..."

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    And just from a Biblical standpoint (especially end times stuff) it would be a VERY bad idea for us to join with the Russians from a military standpoint, especially if it has anything to do with the Middle East. Just saying...

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    I think we're headed in the wrong direction under the new administration with regard to foreign policy, but I'm not overly worried yet. I think that currently the President-elect has a combination of overconfidence in his abilities to deal with other people and lack of knowledge of the diplomacy. My hope is that when he's the actual President and learns that governing involves more than tweeting out sick burns that we'll head in a more stable direction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    And just from a Biblical standpoint (especially end times stuff) it would be a VERY bad idea for us to join with the Russians from a military standpoint, especially if it has anything to do with the Middle East. Just saying...
    I don't believe in Revelations but I have read enough of the New Testament to know Jesus seems to have had a lot to say about hypocrites.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I don't believe in Revelations but I have read enough of the New Testament to know Jesus seems to have had a lot to say about hypocrites.
    It doesn't have to be Revelations, check out the book of Daniel regarding Gog, Magog, and the rest of the whole Hee-Haw gang when they try to invade Israel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I find it so odd that no conservative hawks who have been so critical of Obama's foreign polity are interested in this subject.

Before Running for President (as late as 2014), Trump Described Russia as “Our Biggest Problem”

What changed??? This is the one element of Trump's spiel that doesn't make any sense. I understand his affinity for immigration, terrorism, jobs, etc. That's all standard boilerplate political blather, but the Russia stuff just doesn't fit. It's certainly a phenomenon that so called "conservatives" don't seem to mind that their new flag bearer may have been compromised in someway by Putin. WOW!

And it doesn't have to be videos of peeing girls. Trump's been going to Russia for years and coming back telling his pals about it. It would be very unlikely that Putin did not take advantage of the opportunity to get leverage on him, just for the fun of it, if nothing else.

. . . in March of 2014, when he gave a number of interviews in which he said Moscow was the country’s biggest problem and expressed agreement with Mitt Romney who described Russia as the United States’ top “geopolitical foe,” according to a recent review of the president-elect’s past interviews carried out by CNN.

“Well, Mitt was right, and he was also right when he mentioned in one of the debates about Russia, and he said, 'Russia's our biggest problem, and Russia is, you know, really something’,” Trump said on Fox and Friends on March 24, 2014. Trump noted that “everybody laughed” at Romney “including certain media” but “it turned out that he’s absolutely right.” He also warned that Russian President Vladimir Putin was “rebuilding the Russian empire . . .”

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Only if the Democrats gave us anyone else but Hillary to run that party. Putting all your eggs in one basket and this is your result should teach you all a lesson. I voted for the Hag but I really didn't care to be honest. I just held my nose and did it. I am not going to defend Trump in any way fashion or form. He is not on the level of suckitude like Cheney but he is rapidly approaching it.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Only if the Democrats gave us anyone else but Hillary to run that party. Putting all your eggs in one basket and this is your result should teach you all a lesson. I voted for the Hag but I really didn't care to be honest. I just held my nose and did it. I am not going to defend Trump in any way fashion or form. He is not on the level of suckitude like Cheney but he is rapidly approaching it.
    I actually said that the other day. They were talking about the election and didn't seem to thrilled about Trump (Why would they be?) and I told them, "Hey if the Dems had given us a better choice maybe he wouldn't be president-elect right now". They didn't argue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    My lord, the election has been over for 2+ months === Clinton won popular vote by 3 million and Trump won the Electoral College. Ranking 47 of 58.
    Close margins in both counts

Clinton lived up to polling estimates and Trump had a better electoral college strategy.
    The 3 or 5 counties in 3 states (depending on who is telling the story) Trump targeted were the difference.
    There was no better candidate despite what Bernie Bros or Johnsonians or Joan Steiners say

Move on fer chrise sakes.
    The thread was abut Trump being a pawn of the Russians ---- correct ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Just shut up 57, you whine in every thread with your quotes. hash tags and other Trump based theme. Quit being paternalistic toward me, you aren't my master anymore. You dig?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    All of you that don't want peace with Russia, you willing to send your kids or grandkids to fight Russia? Or maybe you just want the US to put up token political resistance to make your feel better while Putin laughs his ass off at us. I bet Putin right now is so devastated we expelled some diplomats.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    There is a fact out there and I forget where I first heard it.
    No two countries with McDonalds have ever exchanged bullets.

Russia and the US will never come to military blows.
    Like Michael Corleone said, "it's bad for business"

Personally I am more afraid that in the coming weeks the average Russian citizen has better health care options than average US citizens
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-17-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    So Russia is no threat to us? The way I see it we are the threat. Who has dropped more bombs than us in the last 8 years? We mass incarcerate innocent people and drop bombs all over the world every 20 seconds. We are the bad guys.

It’s over."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (01-18-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    In Trump's Russia, the govt just voted 380 - 3 to decriminalize domestic violence. if it only happens once a year, or something like that.

Perhaps this is what Trump loves so much about Russian:

"According to Russian government statistics from the Interior Ministry, 40% of all violent crimes are committed within the family. The figures correlate to 36,000 women being beaten by their partners every day and 26,000 children being assaulted by their parents every year."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Maybe they should marry decent people. I never understand why women seem to love men that beat the **** out of them.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Maybe they should marry decent people. I never understand why women seem to love men that beat the **** out of them.
    In many ways, this reflects the thrust of an old Russian proverb: “If he beats you it means he loves you.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    "I just think the Russian conspiratorial angle is exhausted. "

But there was never anything quite like the 2016 election campaign, when a handful of Democratic House candidates became targets of a Russian influence operation that made thousands of pages of documents stolen by hackers from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee in Washington available to Florida reporters and bloggers.

“It was like I was standing out there naked,” said Annette Taddeo, a Democrat who lost her primary race after secret campaign documents were made public. “I just can’t describe it any other way. Our entire internal strategy plan was made public, and suddenly all this material was out there and could be used against me.”
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/u...dccc.html?_r=0

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    “This is not a traditional tit-for-tat on a partisan political campaign, where one side hits the other and then you respond,” said Kelly Ward, executive director of the D.C.C.C. “This is an attack by a foreign actor that had the intent to disrupt our election, and we were the victims of it.”
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-06-2017 at 11:50 AM.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    "I just think the Russian conspiratorial angle is exhausted. "

You're welcome to think that. I think it's an odd conclusion to come to until there's there's been a thorough investigation of the influence ops.

I'd hold out for tax returns, too, but I know that's tilting at windmills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I for one think the Russian Hacking aim was not specifically to get Trump elected but to create havoc in our system. I heard an interesting talk a week or so back "What Does Putin Want" where the speaker an English journalist spoke to the more disfunctional our system the more normal the Russian system will seem to, Russians

Let me put it this way, the Russian Hacking purpose of Trump getting elected would be the equivalent of 9/11 was purposed to just knocking down the twin towers.

Unfortunately our Trumpeter Brothers are blinded by ... I don't know what they are blinded to
    and are ridiculously opposed to investigation.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-06-2017 at 12:53 PM.