Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Inauguration Day 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShwag View Post
    If you have to ask then you'll never know.
    or maybe it is a Limbaughism for people with limited vocabulary
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Even better is how it's like Bush is just trying to distract himself from what's happening and Obama is sitting there the whole time like, "Oh, ****...."
    Cheney's grin is pretty good. It's like he was thinking "Still an idiot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Going from post to post, the "left" either seeks a safe place or they riot and pillage.
    On the other side of the country, leftists attacked people waiting in line to listen to a conservative speaker. SAD!
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    On the other side of the country, leftists attacked people waiting in line to listen to a conservative speaker. SAD!
    Its not difficult to identify who the left is.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Should I meet a "leftist" in the grocry store how would I know the difference whether they are safe spacers or pillagers ?

Do thy have like buttons or special code words. I think it was the days of Paul where Christians met by drawing fish in the dirt.

Or, is it just some stupid label villifying what people with limited political vocabulaary use to define what they disagree with ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Should I meet a "leftist" in the grocry store how would I know the difference whether they are safe spacers or pillagers ?

Do thy have like buttons or special code words. I think it was the days of Paul where Christians met by drawing fish in the dirt.

Or, is it just some stupid label villifying what people with limited political vocabulaary use to define what they disagree with ?
    You won't meet many leftists in the grocery store. Their parents do the shopping in the house.
    Natural Immunity Croc

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (01-21-2017)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You won't meet many leftists in the grocery store. Their parents do the shopping in the house.

They also can't shop when the suns out because they'd melt.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Just catching up with yesterday's events...thought his speech was brutal. Nothing but contradictions and populist hot air. That's what got him elected though, so no surprises.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (01-21-2017), sturg33 (01-21-2017)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I honestly think Democrats are the problem with this country. They riot if they don't get their way (this, black lives matters), they punish you by fines (you don't agree doing stuff for those against your religious beliefs) if you don't agree with them. They are terrible individuals. 57 alone shows what a Democrat is like, an idiot, devoid of any logic, insane and just don't have a clue about life and freedom. He is of the Hitler type, do as I say or you will be shamed or killed.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Democrats soiled the Black thought. Deeply religious but that carrot of FREE stuff is so enticing. Why go to school, why not kill others or deal drugs for that extra money and street cred, the Dems will protect that way of life?

Trump is getting rid of that FREE stuff and my people are in a frenzy. They actually have to go to school (the horrah) and the drug dealing is going to be dealt with. Two staples in our society that keeps us under the Democrat master like slaves is going away, hopefully.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-21-2017)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    I honestly think Democrats are the problem with this country. They riot if they don't get their way (this, black lives matters), they punish you by fines (you don't agree doing stuff for those against your religious beliefs) if you don't agree with them. They are terrible individuals. 57 alone shows what a Democrat is like, an idiot, devoid of any logic, insane and just don't have a clue about life and freedom. He is of the Hitler type, do as I say or you will be shamed or killed.

I said it years ago; the biggest threat to our way of life isn't terrorism it's liberalism. You see it more and more everyday.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-21-2017)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    You disagree that the vast majority of violent protesting in this country comes from the left? Or more specifically is aimed at those who lean right?
    The post that you're replying to was in response to sturg33 writing this:

If that is how you look at it, then I never want to hear you complain/mock about a nutjob thing someone on the right espouses.

Which is a reasonable point. We're both sensitive to our ends of the political spectrum being broad-brush defined by fringe elements. My post was not intended to compare the incidence of violent protest (and, let's be fair and not conflate any activism that goes down in the streets with "violent protesting.") but to see of the folks who were making absolute statements about the character of "the left" would similarly disclaim the more objectionable elements on their "side." So, I'll repeat: are there no "nutjobs" for you to disclaim? I mean, hell, you've got #freeMilo in your sig, so surely you've brushed up against some.

Anyway, it seems pretty rich to make absolute statements about "the left" without considering, say, the Bundy gang or the fact that the President of the US was not above retweeting obvious white supremacists and anti-Semites.

I also think you're being pretty loose with your definition of "rioting."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Just catching up with yesterday's events...thought his speech was brutal. Nothing but contradictions and populist hot air. That's what got him elected though, so no surprises.
    I don't think that speech is going to win him any more support than it already has, but I've certainly been surprised enough times in the last 18 months to know that I can't assume anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Democrats soiled the Black thought. Deeply religious but that carrot of FREE stuff is so enticing. Why go to school, why not kill others or deal drugs for that extra money and street cred, the Dems will protect that way of life?

Trump is getting rid of that FREE stuff and my people are in a frenzy. They actually have to go to school (the horrah) and the drug dealing is going to be dealt with. Two staples in our society that keeps us under the Democrat master like slaves is going away, hopefully.

It's day 2, drug dealers still there. Let me know when that's supposedly changed.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I said it years ago; the biggest threat to our way of life isn't terrorism it's liberalism. You see it more and more everyday.
    You said it? Are you Phyllis Schlafly's kid? Just curious.

I know the "sore losers" can be irritating, frankly I get a little tired of hearing and reading it all too, but here's a non-fake news flash for you guys, the "sore winners" are kind of annoying too!! Just saying.

Yeah, I know you guys don't like hearing it any better than they do, but let me ask all of you "winners" this question, what did Yamamoto say when he found out the attack on Pearl Harbor had been executed before the declaration of war had been delivered to the US government (ie a sneak attack)? I realize conservatives don't need any lessons (that has been made very clear to me on numerous occasions) but you might want to check out this one. Again, just saying. OK, you can go back to being the kind of winners that build lasting coalitions that lead to a just and lasting peace, ending the yo-yo effect we've seen in our government, especially the White House over the past couple of decades.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts

Forget it, Donnie. These men are leftists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    The post that you're replying to was in response to sturg33 writing this:

If that is how you look at it, then I never want to hear you complain/mock about a nutjob thing someone on the right espouses.

Which is a reasonable point. We're both sensitive to our ends of the political spectrum being broad-brush defined by fringe elements. My post was not intended to compare the incidence of violent protest (and, let's be fair and not conflate any activism that goes down in the streets with "violent protesting.") but to see of the folks who were making absolute statements about the character of "the left" would similarly disclaim the more objectionable elements on their "side." So, I'll repeat: are there no "nutjobs" for you to disclaim? I mean, hell, you've got #freeMilo in your sig, so surely you've brushed up against some.

Anyway, it seems pretty rich to make absolute statements about "the left" without considering, say, the Bundy gang or the fact that the President of the US was not above retweeting obvious white supremacists and anti-Semites.

I also think you're being pretty loose with your definition of "rioting."
    The white supremacy movement is irrelevant. There are maybe ten guys and they don't appear to be violent. In fact they seem to be the ones getting sucker punched. The social justice warrior movement however has a huge platform on the democrat party. And they are very fond of doxing folks they disagree with and shutting down those who have differing opinions. Just in the course of a few days you've had violent protesting at a Milo event, disruptJ20 planning to gas a Trump celebration, windows smashed by anti capitalists. Certainly the right has people with extreme thoughts and a plethora of trolls, but the violence is rare.

I'll try to ask one more time just to see if you're willing to accept a basic fact or if you're just going to keep filibustering. Would you agree that the vast majority of political violence is against more right leaning political thinkers? Once we can agree on a basic fact maybe we can have an honest discussion about why that is and if there is any culpability from the leaders of the democratic party.
    thank you weso1!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (01-21-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    More specifically it's regressive leftism. Classic liberals are beginning to move over to the right thanks to the crazy social justice warrior movement.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    More specifically it's regressive leftism. Classic liberals are beginning to move over to the right thanks to the crazy social justice warrior movement.
    This is a big reason trump is in office.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    This is a big reason trump is in office.
    Agree. It's clearly not the only reason, but it's definitely right up there.