Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Inauguration Day 2017

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    The white supremacy movement is irrelevant. There are maybe ten guys and they don't appear to be violent. In fact they seem to be the ones getting sucker punched. The social justice warrior movement however has a huge platform on the democrat party. And they are very fond of doxing folks they disagree with and shutting down those who have differing opinions. Just in the course of a few days you've had violent protesting at a Milo event, disruptJ20 planning to gas a Trump celebration, windows smashed by anti capitalists. Certainly the right has people with extreme thoughts and a plethora of trolls, but the violence is rare.

I'll try to ask one more time just to see if you're willing to accept a basic fact or if you're just going to keep filibustering. Would you agree that the vast majority of political violence is against more right leaning political thinkers? Once we can agree on a basic fact maybe we can have an honest discussion about why that is and if there is any culpability from the leaders of the democratic party.
    So it's irrelevant because you say it's irrelevant? Emmanuel AME probably disagrees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Obviously I mean it's irrelevant politically. David Duke just ran in arguably the most racist part of the US and got 3%. Difference of course is that the extreme politics are actually a part of the democratic platform. When the crazy dude shot up the church in Charleston, that act and and his politics were rightly shamed. When the crazy dude shot up police in Dallas his act was mostly shamed but his politics... not so much. See the difference in regards to relevance?

You going to answer the question filibusterin' Julio?
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    What will the messages be when civil right are not trampled on the next 4-8 years?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-23-2017)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    What will the messages be when civil right are not trampled on the next 4-8 years?
    IDK, but I would think it would be a good and positive message. Also, it would be a case of pointing out you did something after you actually did it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Can confirm, Louisiana is incredibly racist. Police departments operate with near impunity and they have the highest incarceration rate in the world.

I wish I could find a percent for black people 18 or older in Louisiana who are either in prison, on probation, currently facing charges, or receive government benefits like disability/welfare. If you take the remainder left over I bet over half work a government job.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Obviously I mean it's irrelevant politically. David Duke just ran in arguably the most racist part of the US and got 3%. Difference of course is that the extreme politics are actually a part of the democratic platform. When the crazy dude shot up the church in Charleston, that act and and his politics were rightly shamed. When the crazy dude shot up police in Dallas his act was mostly shamed but his politics... not so much. See the difference in regards to relevance?

You going to answer the question filibusterin' Julio?
    Dylann Roof was steeped in the thought of the same people who provide the intellectual and ideological backbone of the so-called Alt-right, which your boy Milo tells us are just a bunch of merry pranksters and meme-makers. You want to talk about the culpability of the leadership of the dem party for some anarchist windowbreakers and campus hooligans, but you're not ready to even acknowledge the extent to which the right has fed, watered, and tolerated the people who bring us--at the extremes--anti-government terrorism in the form of so-called "sovereign citizens" and various identitarian types.

So no, I'm not interested in having a discussion about culpability if I'm being asked to enter it on these terms. The terms, as you've elucidated, are that the President can retweet white supremacists and it's NBD, but the Democratic leadership owns every campus radical in the world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts

You should specify "anymore than normal" because the constitution is only as good as the people interpreting it.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Dylann Roof was steeped in the thought of the same people who provide the intellectual and ideological backbone of the so-called Alt-right, which your boy Milo tells us are just a bunch of merry pranksters and meme-makers. You want to talk about the culpability of the leadership of the dem party for some anarchist windowbreakers and campus hooligans, but you're not ready to even acknowledge the extent to which the right has fed, watered, and tolerated the people who bring us--at the extremes--anti-government terrorism in the form of so-called "sovereign citizens" and various identitarian types.

So no, I'm not interested in having a discussion about culpability if I'm being asked to enter it on these terms. The terms, as you've elucidated, are that the President can retweet white supremacists and it's NBD, but the Democratic leadership owns every campus radical in the world.
    There were no terms. Just a very simple question filibusterin' Julio. I would love to continue the conversation, but if you aren't going to acknowledge a basic fact then there is no point.

If you do choose to answer the question I'll be happy to discuss the alt right and Milo with you, but I need some a showing of good will on your part first that you are willing to be intellectually honest.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post

There were no terms. Just a very simple question filibusterin' Julio. I would love to continue the conversation, but if you aren't going to acknowledge a basic fact then there is no point.

If you do choose to answer the question I'll be happy to discuss the alt right and Milo with you, but I need some a showing of good will on your part first that you are willing to be intellectually honest.
    thank you weso1!

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    so weird that the orange piece of ****s team would blatantly steal the design from Obamas inauguration:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cc14bf43bd74
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I too am outraged by this cake.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

Heh. Intellectually honest.

Again, I'm not eager to enter the conversation on your terms. While I don't agree with the strategy of, for example, protesting with the intent of shutting out free expression as happened at UC Davis this week, I do not characterize that protest as violent . . . nor did the authorities. So while I'm not prepared to agree with your characterizations of leftist "violence," I will stipulate that people broadly identified with the left are more likely to engage in direct-action mass protests that result in disorderly conduct and property damage.

Over to you. Edify me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    yes, wiping those off the white house website as soon as possible gives me great comfort on how much civil rights is important to them
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I too am outraged by this cake.
    you're outraged?

weird

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    you're outraged?

weird
    Are you on the autism spectrum? I'm curious.
    Last edited by Garmel; 01-21-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    yes, wiping those off the white house website as soon as possible gives me great comfort on how much civil rights is important to them
    Has some thing real happened that impacted civil rights?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Are you on the autistic spectrum? I'm curious.
    i know some special ed teachers who would argue everyone is autistic in someway

but what are you aiming at cause it seems like pretty awful tone

are you outraged over a cake like weso is or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    well, we are 24 hours in to it and the steps they took don't look promising thus far

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Read the DOJ reports relased the last 2 months about Baltimore, Chicago, and Evangeline Parish. Violating your basic and constitutional rights is not even a crime. If you want rights become a police officer.

It’s over."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (01-21-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    There is a lawsuit against the state of Texas based on its Voter ID law. The federal district court found that the law was discriminatory in its intent and its effect. A conservative appeals court agreed that the law was discriminatory in its effect, but did not rule on intent. The case was bumped back down to the district court. It was due for a hearing next week. The Trump Justice Department filed for a delay in the hearing. Based on the public statements of the AG-designate, it's quite likely that the Justice Department will not pursue the case. If they do not . . . that's a real impact to civil rights that's happened within hours of DJT's assumption of office.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (01-21-2017)