User Tag List

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 514

Thread: The Wall

  1. #381
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30,979
    Thanks
    3,636
    Thanked 3,583 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    there are people living in Iowa more scared of terrorism than NYers etc that actually have to deal with it

    same same but different
    Its almost as if you guya have never heard about ms13. Thats in my backyard so yes illegal immigration directly impacts me.
    Warm feelings guy!

  2. #382
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30,979
    Thanks
    3,636
    Thanked 3,583 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Warm feelings guy!

  3. #383
    if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,063
    Thanks
    2,941
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,542 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Its almost as if you guya have never heard about ms13. Thats in my backyard so yes illegal immigration directly impacts me.
    lol

    i wonder what it's like to live with a boogieman. it must suck to live your life as if you are encountering ms13 daily etc
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions.” Samuel Adams

    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

  4. #384
    if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,063
    Thanks
    2,941
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,542 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

    Guys, nothing to worry about at the border.
    glad you are figuring that out
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions.” Samuel Adams

    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

  5. #385
    if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,063
    Thanks
    2,941
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,542 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions.” Samuel Adams

    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

  6. #386
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30,979
    Thanks
    3,636
    Thanked 3,583 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    lol

    i wonder what it's like to live with a boogieman. it must suck to live your life as if you are encountering ms13 daily etc
    You really have no clue whats happening on Long Island. I feel bad that you are so oblivious.
    Warm feelings guy!

  7. #387
    if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,063
    Thanks
    2,941
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,542 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, it's escape from NYC out there. lol
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions.” Samuel Adams

    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

  8. #388
    It's OVER 5,000! cajunrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    uranus
    Posts
    9,000
    Thanks
    2,589
    Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,539 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    This is just standard for the left.

    When they can't win on the facts they just scream racist.

    There is not one example throughout history where a wall didn't work. All these Democrats railing against the wall put up walls around their homes.

    The only reason they are against it is because they are afraid its going to work. They won't get as much representation in census results and they won't get as many illegal votes. If illegals supported Republicans we would have a 100ft wall already.
    walls have a track record worse than Wile E Coyote in terms of keeping drugs out. Also wouldnt have prevented all the major terrorist attacks in our history. Not one got here crossing the border illegally on the Mexico border.
    "State power feeds on crisis and enemies"

    John T. Flynn 1944

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

    goldfly (01-11-2019)

  10. #389
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30,979
    Thanks
    3,636
    Thanked 3,583 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    walls have a track record worse than Wile E Coyote in terms of keeping drugs out. Also wouldnt have prevented all the major terrorist attacks in our history. Not one got here crossing the border illegally on the Mexico border.
    Whats your basis for the first point?

    Nobody ever claimed a wall would have stopped 9/11 so not sure why thats relevant.
    Warm feelings guy!

  11. #390
    It's OVER 5,000! cajunrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    uranus
    Posts
    9,000
    Thanks
    2,589
    Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,539 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The basis for the first part is that we cant keep drugs out of prisons. And the idea behind the wall is to stop drugs, terrorists, and illegal immigrants. The idea that it will stop drugs is laughable at best. Theres never been a terrorist attack by anyone who illegally crossed the Mexico border as far as I remember. You can cite as many articles about crimes committed by illegal aliens all you want but it not evidence of anything. Take a large enough group of people and there are going to be bad ones. Its no more proof than any one article I post about the police. Beyond that, much of the violent illegal aliens are a result of our own policies towards Central and South America bullying them into fighting our war on drugs.
    "State power feeds on crisis and enemies"

    John T. Flynn 1944

  12. #391
    A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,897
    Thanks
    6,299
    Thanked 9,368 Times in 4,883 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cajun makes a good point here, which is that immigration and asylum applications are increasingly coming from Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala, where US policy has promoted social breakdown that has led to unsafe conditions in those countries. Also salient is the point that as horrific as the cartel violence in Mexico has been for the past several years, it ultimately exists because Americans really, really like drugs.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

    50PoundHead (01-11-2019)

  14. #392
    It's OVER 5,000! cajunrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    uranus
    Posts
    9,000
    Thanks
    2,589
    Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,539 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No its because Americans have the money. There is a demand for drugs everywhere.
    "State power feeds on crisis and enemies"

    John T. Flynn 1944

  15. #393
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30,979
    Thanks
    3,636
    Thanked 3,583 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Cajun makes a good point here, which is that immigration and asylum applications are increasingly coming from Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala, where US policy has promoted social breakdown that has led to unsafe conditions in those countries. Also salient is the point that as horrific as the cartel violence in Mexico has been for the past several years, it ultimately exists because Americans really, really like drugs.
    Ah - the old its Americas fault so we should accept illegals killing Americans.

    Yeah, that won't fly when you ask everyday people and if you took this stance in a general poll you would get increasingly negative views towards this.
    Warm feelings guy!

  16. #394
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30,979
    Thanks
    3,636
    Thanked 3,583 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    The basis for the first part is that we cant keep drugs out of prisons. And the idea behind the wall is to stop drugs, terrorists, and illegal immigrants. The idea that it will stop drugs is laughable at best. Theres never been a terrorist attack by anyone who illegally crossed the Mexico border as far as I remember. You can cite as many articles about crimes committed by illegal aliens all you want but it not evidence of anything. Take a large enough group of people and there are going to be bad ones. Its no more proof than any one article I post about the police. Beyond that, much of the violent illegal aliens are a result of our own policies towards Central and South America bullying them into fighting our war on drugs.
    Who is saying anything about stopping it completely?

    I'm not sure what else to say if you don't think that a wall will slow the drug traffic. They are getting through the border whether it be through open areas or POE. A wall funnels to more heavily scrutinized areas and that will result in more apprehension.
    Warm feelings guy!

  17. #395
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,280
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 989 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why not fund the government then discuss "border security" to a legislative conclusion

    Why doesn't (R) propose legislation to build and fund the wall as prescribed in the constitution

    ?
    The GOP is currently the party of indicted criminals and racists and relies upon fear-mongering to conceal its lack of ideas.

  18. #396
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30,979
    Thanks
    3,636
    Thanked 3,583 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    why not fund the government then discuss "border security" to a legislative conclusion

    Why doesn't (R) propose legislation to build and fund the wall as prescribed in the constitution

    ?
    'Border Security' or whatever that means to Democrats have been discussed for a long time. Everyone knows where everyone stands. Your stance is that the Republicans are holding up everyday wages to get a wall. Our stance is that you don't want to agree to protect Americans in exchange for everyday wages.

    Its up to the American people to decide what the truth is.
    Warm feelings guy!

  19. #397
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,280
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 989 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    " Your stance" vs "our stance"

    interesting
    The GOP is currently the party of indicted criminals and racists and relies upon fear-mongering to conceal its lack of ideas.

  20. #398
    It's OVER 5,000! cajunrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    uranus
    Posts
    9,000
    Thanks
    2,589
    Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,539 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Who is saying anything about stopping it completely?

    I'm not sure what else to say if you don't think that a wall will slow the drug traffic. They are getting through the border whether it be through open areas or POE. A wall funnels to more heavily scrutinized areas and that will result in more apprehension.
    it wont even slow it down. Majority already come through POE. Chapo used tunnels. Pablo used planes. The power of greed will not be slowed one bit by a wall. If anything I bet it goes up.
    "State power feeds on crisis and enemies"

    John T. Flynn 1944

  21. #399
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,280
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 989 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mexico Beach, Florida








    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-11-2019 at 06:39 PM.
    The GOP is currently the party of indicted criminals and racists and relies upon fear-mongering to conceal its lack of ideas.

  22. #400
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,280
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 989 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paradise, California - 85 lives lost






    https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/nort...in_4x3_992.jpg
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-11-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    The GOP is currently the party of indicted criminals and racists and relies upon fear-mongering to conceal its lack of ideas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •