Thread: The Wall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    You need help.

That’s not what this thread is at all.

And you need to kiss my ass. You dumb ****s said a wall will stop illegal immigration and drugs. You got the wall and now are complaining that is isnt working. You just want to blame Biden instead of wondering why we spent billions on a wall that doeant work
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    All could have been avoided if the wall was funded early when it should have been.
    your dumb **** god said mexico was gonna pay for it
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post

But for some reason those people still wanna come here to our evil capitalism
    we should have you go to the border and tell them how horrible it really is cause of the tyrannical communists that have you so oppressed
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Lol people don’t like it when their guy puts them in cages. After they crowed about how bad that was last year.

Irony!
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,049 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    .@AOC on the border:

"Anyone who's using the word 'surge' around you, consciously, is trying to invoke a militaristic frame.

And that's a problem.

Because this is not a surge, these are children.

And they are not insurgents.

And we are not being invaded."
    I feel so bad now for drinking all that militaristic citrus soda as a kid. I'm so ashamed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (04-02-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    He really felt the need to bold that like it was something worth reading
    Ivermectin Man

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (04-02-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    And you need to kiss my ass. You dumb ****s said a wall will stop illegal immigration and drugs. You got the wall and now are complaining that is isnt working. You just want to blame Biden instead of wondering why we spent billions on a wall that doeant work
    Might be time to get back on the drugs ?
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    the wall is more metaphor than a real policy

if we wanted to curtail illegal immigration we would require e-verify of every employer...that would work a lot better than any wall

but for some reason neither party has pushed it...i guess politics or something got in the way
    Well only one party could do it without having the other party and their propaganda outlets call it racist.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (04-02-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Well only one party could do it without having the other party and their propaganda outlets call it racist.
    That might be part of it. But there is also a strong small business constituency that would squeal like stuck pigs if they were required to comply with our laws regarding hiring workers that are here illegally. Conservatives like to ask if we are a country of laws. It depends is the always safe answer. Don't enforce that law, enforce that one behind the tree! The main reason undocumented workers come here is to make some money to send back home.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 04-02-2021 at 07:52 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,049 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    That might be part of it. But there is also a strong small business constituency that would squeal like stuck pigs if they were required to comply with our laws regarding hiring workers that are here illegally. Conservatives like to ask if we are a country of laws. It depends is the always safe answer. Don't enforce that law, enforce that one behind the tree! The main reason undocumented workers come here is to make some money to send back home.
    Are you sure you're not an attorney because one thing they teach you in law school is that's the answer to any question you're ever asked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Are you sure you're not an attorney because one thing they teach you in law school is that's the answer to any question you're ever asked.
    I'm an economist. And I was also trained to answer it depends to every question.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (04-02-2021), striker42 (04-02-2021)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    So Biden is restarting work on building a wall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts

Look at that wall working so well.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Why do we need a wall?

They are criminals anyway, right?

I’ve been told countless times by conservatives and maga criminals won’t care about these things if they want to do something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Guys think we might need a wall?

Who was ight on this yet again?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I mean, did Mexico not pay for one like your stupid as **** cult said would happen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    I mean, did Mexico not pay for one like your stupid as **** cult said would happen?
    Oh they were paying but the democrats didn’t want a true deterrent to illegal immigration so we couldn’t get it done. It’s ok. The wall is going up starting 2024 along with millions of illegals deported.

Get those tears ready loser.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ort-au-prince/

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti — He crossed the Mexican border into Texas only two weeks ago, joyous at the prospect of building anew in the United States. Now part of the first wave of deportees rapidly ejected by the Biden administration amid a fresh surge at the border, Johnson Bordes, 23, stepped off a Boeing 737 on Sunday and into the Haitian capital, terrified by a city torn apart by violence in a homeland he could barely remember.

“If Biden continues with these deportations, he’s no better than Trump,” Bordes said. “I’m afraid for my safety here. I don’t even know this country anymore.”

Recognition of the conditions led the Biden administration as recently as May to grant temporary protected status to tens of thousands of undocumented Haitians in the United States. At the time, officials cited “serious security concerns, social unrest, an increase in human rights abuses, crippling poverty, and lack of basic resources” in the Western Hemisphere’s poorest nation.

Since then, conditions in Haiti have deteriorated sharply — leading critics to describe the deportations now as contradictory.

Some here describe the large-scale deportations back to Haiti as something they might have expected under President Donald Trump, who was dismissive of Haitian immigrants. That it’s happening under President Biden, they said, made it sting even more.

“It’s shocking,” said Ralph P. Chevry, a board member of the Haiti Center for Socio Economic Policy in Port-au-Prince. “I understand that the U.S. needs to protect its borders, but the way Haiti is right now, this is the last place to send anyone. The Central Bank has no money left. The gangs are taking over the country. The kidnappings are surging again.

“I wouldn’t say it’s criminal, but what the United States is doing is at the very least inhumane.”

In comments to CNN on Sunday, however, DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas defended the deportations, saying the damage from the recent earthquake had been “rather geographically limited” and that an analysis of the situation on the ground had determined that “country conditions” allowed for the repatriations.

She said she and her family decided to travel from Chile to Texas because they’d heard that “President Biden was letting people in.” She said Sunday she felt disillusioned, as if she and her family had been “kidnapped to be sent back to Haiti.”

“They did not even tell us what they were doing,” she said, in tears. “They said our names, and they said they are bringing us somewhere else. We did not know we were going back to Haiti. Nobody told us we were going back to Haiti. We need to go back to Chile, but now we have no money left and no home. What will become of my children?”

“How could Biden do this to us?” she asked.

——————

The letter next to the current POTUS is (D), so, nothing to see here…

I’d say this is another case of there being no substantial difference between the two major parties, but the D’s are worse. At least under Trump, potential immigrants/refugees knew where they stood - they weren’t welcome. Biden and the D’s campaigned on being more humane and welcoming to win election, then immediately flip flopped upon gaining power. Apparently these folks who thought they would be welcome didn’t get the memo that Biden is full of **** and was just trying to win an election.

I guess the “kids in cages!” Twitter pearl clutchers from last year are too busy looking for stories of dead unvaccinated RW podcast hosts to care.
    Last edited by acesfull86; 09-21-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    This is what competency looks like.

Lecturer sure has shut the hell up lately.
    Natural Immunity Croc