Thanked in
    5,780 Posts

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    They are not serious people, yet they are the future of the party and should be taken seriously

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    In the spirit of “why didn’t you care about this in 2014,” where were your strong words about “serious people” in the legislature when there were bipartisan comprehensive immigration reform bills that were tanked by Boehner’s inability to get the Freedom Caucus on board?

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    In the spirit of “why didn’t you care about this in 2014,” where were your strong words about “serious people” in the legislature when there were bipartisan comprehensive immigration reform bills that were tanked by Boehner’s inability to get the Freedom Caucus on board?
    Probably because I was and am still not aware of this instance. Media wasn't covering this stuff with as much furor back then... but if you have a link I'd love to read up on it. I'm sure Amash explained his opposition.

But I'm guessing the freedom caucus wasn't on board based on a lack of constitutionality.

Whereas, AOC has never seen a dollar she's not willing to spend, and considering she is comparing the situation to Nazi Germany, you'd think she'd be thrilled for the opportunity to offer any assistance she can. Her lack of support seems disingenuous and purely political.

Just a guess. I am open to hear her rational though if she provides it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Why dont yiu explain why your party in less than 6 years went from needing to stip illegal immigration and building a wall to effectively supporti g open borders?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Why dont yiu explain why your party in less than 6 years went from needing to stip illegal immigration and building a wall to effectively supporti g open borders?
    What Democrats supported in the compromise bill of 2013 is available to read, and that ain’t it, chief.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    What Democrats supported in the compromise bill of 2013 is available to read, and that ain’t it, chief.
    Chief, should we review all public statements on illegal immigration by your party leaders from that time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Chief, should we review all public statements on illegal immigration by your party leaders from that time?
    I think what they voted for is probably more relevant. Why didn’t Boehner deliver that bill?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Probably because I was and am still not aware of this instance. Media wasn't covering this stuff with as much furor back then... but if you have a link I'd love to read up on it. I'm sure Amash explained his opposition.

But I'm guessing the freedom caucus wasn't on board based on a lack of constitutionality.

Whereas, AOC has never seen a dollar she's not willing to spend, and considering she is comparing the situation to Nazi Germany, you'd think she'd be thrilled for the opportunity to offer any assistance she can. Her lack of support seems disingenuous and purely political.

Just a guess. I am open to hear her rational though if she provides it.
    Oh, it was covered quite extensively in the media.

The deal was basically this: 40K more CBP personnel, new barriers on some border sections, somewhat arduous path to citizenship for some residents, elevated status for minors, lots of tweaks to visa programs. R leadership was on board but the FC torpedoed it. So who were the “serious people”?

Amash didn’t vote on it because it never got a vote in the house, despite passing 68-32 in the Senate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I think what they voted for is probably more relevant. Why didn’t Boehner deliver that bill?
    After special interests get involved? No, i dont think so. Their public stances would be considered alt right hawkish today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    After special interests get involved? No, i dont think so. Their public stances would be considered alt right hawkish today.
    No, for real. Why wasn’t that bill passed? 68-32 in the Senate. What special interests are we talking about? IIRC, the deal broke down because the conservative Rs weren’t willing to sign onto the—again, arduous—path to citizenship provisions.

Look no further than the Republican presidential primary in 2016, when Rubio was running full-speed away from his role in creating that compromise bill. Republicans made a clear choice in that election, rejected compromise, and voted for the nativist build-the-wall hardliner.

The D caucus has changed a bit, but the leadership is the same. You could probably still get the same bill today, albeit with fewer votes. But the current administration doesn’t want that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    No, for real. Why wasn’t that bill passed? 68-32 in the Senate. What special interests are we talking about? IIRC, the deal broke down because the conservative Rs weren’t willing to sign onto the—again, arduous—path to citizenship provisions.

Look no further than the Republican presidential primary in 2016, when Rubio was running full-speed away from his role in creating that compromise bill. Republicans made a clear choice in that election, rejected compromise, and voted for the nativist build-the-wall hardliner.

The D caucus has changed a bit, but the leadership is the same. You could probably still get the same bill today, albeit with fewer votes. But the current administration doesn’t want that.
    Julio, Obama in 2014 said not to send your kids to the border and that they were dying. What cant you see here?

Changes the Flores agreement to let us deport kids back to central america and the imvasion will stop.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    No comments on this one eh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Julio, Obama in 2014 said not to send your kids to the border and that they were dying. What cant you see here?

Changes the Flores agreement to let us deport kids back to central america and the imvasion will stop.
    Change it how?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Change it how?
    Through a Congressional vote but the Dems will never allow us to deport anyone back to central america. This is what is creating the crisis and getting them political points.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Still nothing huh?

Lets keep that border open guys.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-trump-demands

Trump just gets things done.

Hopefully Mexico continues to take care of their immigration problems so they don't become our problems.
    Natural Immunity Croc