Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wall

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    At this rate id temporarily settle for fencing. Its unquestioned that walls/barriers work.
    A fence might work against otherwise honest hard working Hispanics trying to get into the US to try and earn a better life for themselves and their families, but I doubt it. It absolutely won't work against drug cartels and the suggestion that it will is ludicrous (the adjective not the rapper/actor). This is an attempt to get attention off his other woes and to get the base who seems to be scared of their own shadow, as long as their shadow is brown-ish back in line. The SOB probably wants to name the finished wall (if it ever gets built) after himself.

And I'm a pro-secure borders guy.

Now an idea you had a while back about more "security stations" along the border and lots more electronic sensors, more border agents, etc., sounds like an idea worth pursuing, IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Barriers work against everyone. I cant comprehend an argument otherwise. Tp act that it doesnt serve as a deterrent seems dishonest to me.

Walls are used all over the world for all different reasons for the sheer reason that they work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Barriers work against everyone. I cant comprehend an argument otherwise. Tp act that it doesnt serve as a deterrent seems dishonest to me.

Walls are used all over the world for all different reasons for the sheer reason that they work.
    The wall is now a quasi-religious symbol. And people have strong visceral reactions to it on both sides. If the conference committee focuses on "border security" they can find common ground. If they focus on "wall" not so much. Even if the Democratic leadership wanted to reach some sort of accommodation on "wall", its base would not allow it. And of course Trump's base is baying for it. Don't think it happens. But a common sense compromise on "border security" might. Personally I like "moat."
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Sounds to me like a nice long sparse fencing wall could be the answer. That kind of wall should be cheaper to build too
    Dan Crenshaw should have a discussion with his colleague Will Hurd, who has been looking at this issue for years and has a very thoughtful take on the whole matter.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    On Tuesday, New Mexico’s newly elected Democratic Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham ordered the withdrawal of the “majority of National Guard troops currently deployed to the state's southern border with Mexico,” according to ABC News affiliate KVIA. In a statement released to the news media, Lujan Grisham said she rejected Trump’s insistence that there is a pressing security crisis at the border, pointing out that the border towns in her area are some of the safest communities in the country.

The Albuquerque Journal reports that around a dozen National Guard troops will remain in Hidalgo and Luna Counties, with Lujan Grisham reserving the right to add more after a further assessment by military officials. Lujan Grisham ordered troops working in New Mexico to return to their homes. However, she says she is is not ignoring constituents who are concerned with asylum-seekers who need assistance, and will continue to figure out the best way to help them. She’s just not interested in being a part of Donald Trump’s “charade of border fearmongering by misusing our diligent National Guard troops.”

Well done.

-
    Walter Einenkel
    Daily Kos Staff
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    reminds me, where are these towns liberated from MS-13? Anyone want to name one town?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    But, as much as Trump may seem to be signaling that he’s willing to make that call, the support for declaring an emergency is simply not there, not even inside the Republican Party. It looks increasingly as if Trump has little alternative but to take whatever comes out of the conference committee and pretend that he won

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...likely-to-fold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Then he’ll spend the next 12 months claiming he got his wall.
    So long as that wall is a lot shorter, a lot flimsier, and is really just
    short stretches of fence in areas where there already was fence.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ing-to-take-it

i really hate linking the same source but, they are the only ones reporting on the progress of the conference committee.
    The "deciders" of whether the government is agan shut down

you know, what is happening

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    We will build a great wall along the southern border. And Mexico will pay for the wall. Believe me. Hundred percent. They don’t know it yet, but they’re going to pay for the wall. And they’re great people and great leaders, but they’re going to pay for the wall. On day one we will begin working on an impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful southern border wall. We will use the best technology, including above and below ground sensors, that’s the tunnels. Remember that above and below. [ makes hand gesture ] Above and below ground sensors. Towers, aerial surveillance and manpower to supplement the wall, find and dislocate tunnels and keep out criminal cartels and Mexico, you know that, will work with us. I really believe it. Mexico will work with us.

[Phoenix, AZ, 8/31/16]
    thought this might be a good time to reflect on the BS so many bought
    There is no and there won't be any ****ing wall and Mexico aint payin' for ****

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Funny, the people that tell me how the Green New Deal wont work are the one that bought this load of bull****.
    Here, read it out loud
    You know who you are !!!!

We will build a great wall along the southern border. And Mexico will pay for the wall.
    Believe me. Hundred percent. They don’t know it yet, but they’re going to pay for the wall.
    And they’re great people and great leaders, but they’re going to pay for the wall.
    On day one we will begin working on an impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful,
    beautiful southern border wall[ We will use the best technology, including above and below
    ground sensors, that’s the tunnels. Remember that above and below. [ makes hand gesture ]
    Above and below ground sensors. Towers, aerial surveillance and manpower to supplement
    the wall, find and dislocate tunnels and keep out criminal cartels and Mexico,
    you know that, will work with us. I really believe it.

Mexico will work with us.

[Phoenix, AZ, 8/31/16]

judging on this and the failed tax programs I'd say y'all been had

Read today how he and his family made tons of money off of the Inauguration
    This whole thing has been a scam
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-10-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Richard Shelby and Nita Lowey are pros. They know how to negotiate. They will get a deal done.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Richard Shelby and Nita Lowey are pros. They know how to negotiate. They will get a deal done.
    looks like they have reached an agreement...this is how mature seasoned politicians operate

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    looks like they have reached an agreement...this is how mature seasoned politicians operate
    Lets see whats in the actual plan before we start throwing congratulations around.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Lets see whats in the actual plan before we start throwing congratulations around.
    dont expect much change from the status quo

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    dont expect much change from the status quo
    So whats the point of patting anyone on the back.

Im hoping that Trump can keep thos momentum and make the wall a priority for many of the democrats who still have any sense to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    So whats the point of patting anyone on the back.

Im hoping that Trump can keep thos momentum and make the wall a priority for many of the democrats who still have any sense to them.
    cuz when you have divided government change has to be incremental...and it is nuts to try to use a government shutdown to push through changes the other side wont accept

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    cuz when you have divided government change has to be incremental...and it is nuts to try to use a government shutdown to push through changes the other side wont accept
    Its absurd that the left is denying all statistics that dhow border walls work. They are against it because they work and no other reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Trump should tell his supporters the wall has already been built and paid for by Mexico...what's a couple more lies between friends

"I am your retribution."