Thread: Destruction in SW GA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts

Destruction in SW GA

Over the passed month, south Georgia has been devastated by tornados. Albany took one through town on January 2nd and amazingly there was no loss of life. Power in a few areas was JUST restored from it as entire grids had to be cleared and rebuilt. The cleanup from that storm is FAR from over. Late yesterday another tornado came through and claimed over a dozen lives in the area. After the first storm this month, I was never more proud of my fellow citizens than to see so many people dive right in and help each other without asking or questioning. Right now, I'm not sure how much optimism people have left. Its demoralizing. People are suffering and mother nature doesn't care. I can look out my office window and see debris piles 6 feet high and trees still leaning and snapped off from the Jan 2 storm and I've seen pictures from south of town that look much worse than here.

Humbling experience to say the least.
    Ivermectin Man

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (01-23-2017), Hawk (01-23-2017)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Over the passed month, south Georgia has been devastated by tornados. Albany took one through town on January 2nd and amazingly there was no loss of life. Power in a few areas was JUST restored from it as entire grids had to be cleared and rebuilt. The cleanup from that storm is FAR from over. Late yesterday another tornado came through and claimed over a dozen lives in the area. After the first storm this month, I was never more proud of my fellow citizens than to see so many people dive right in and help each other without asking or questioning. Right now, I'm not sure how much optimism people have left. Its demoralizing. People are suffering and mother nature doesn't care. I can look out my office window and see debris piles 6 feet high and trees still leaning and snapped off from the Jan 2 storm and I've seen pictures from south of town that look much worse than here.

Humbling experience to say the least.
    I've been thinking about all of you in the South with the horrid weather you've experienced over the past month. I initially get a chuckle out of watching Southern cities have to deal with unexpected snowfall as long as it's harmless and only results in a few fender benders. But this is much, much more and much, much worse. The ice storms and tornadoes look to be really devastating. Hang in there.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of life but I know that the tragedy will galvanize the people to help those in need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    More coming- jokes getting old Big Guy
    Ivermectin Man

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Stay safe. Seems like you guys are the new tornado alley.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (04-05-2017)