Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
While I am very much against trying to short circuit the rebuild, I could see a Q trade under the right circumstances such as the Sox deciding to take a little less if they can shed some payroll.

If they would do a Sheilds, Frazier, Quintana deal for something like Folty, Newcomb, Anderson and Demeritte plus some ML filler such as 3B Garcia and 2B Peterson, I might do it.

Sheilds has negative value because of his contract and Frazier has little value because of his K's, contract and whiffs, so if they were paired with Q to move their salary, they would diminish any potential talent return.

2017 rotation could be: Q, Teheran, Garcia, Colon, Dickey and Sheilds (one of the last four at least are likely to be disabled at any time during the year), then Garcia, Colon and Dickey go away after 2017 leaving Sheilds as the 5 and the two other spots being filled internally.

Frazier starts at 3B and is either flipped at the deadline for what they can get or goes as a FA after 2017. He hits 6th after: Inciarte, Swanson, Freeman, Kemp, Markakis, Frazier, Phillips, Flowers

A talent package of Folty, Newcomb, Anderson, Demeritte is pretty far below the ask but still not bad, especially when the money is figured in. And from a Braves point of view, it really doesn't detract that much from a long term view of the rebuild.
Southside is laughing. They want a king's ransome.