Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: I gave DJT a chance, now I'm out

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I agree it isnt enough. We should not have any friendly relations with Saudi Arabia.
    But we do. Because of a number of reasons. So he's talking out of his ass to play political populism and people who have done nothing wrong might be suffering from it.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Fine call me ignorant. I also believe that those of you that are unwilling to see the issues with Islam are being ignorant.

Now that we are past the name callings how about we actually analyze the data that is out there. Pew did research which shows 100's of millions of Muslims that believe in sharia law. Is that what you want here? Do you have daughters? Sisters? Mother? Etccc?
    I have all of the above. 4 daughters, one sister, and one mother. I don't believe that any of them are in danger of being governed by sharia law. I'm not sure why this is even part of the conversation.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Metaphysicist (01-29-2017), Prikichi (01-30-2017), sturg33 (01-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I have all of the above. 4 daughters, one sister, and one mother. I don't believe that any of them are in danger of being governed by sharia law. I'm not sure why this is even part of the conversation.
    Personally I could not look them in the face and let them know I'm arguing for a group of people where a large majority of the men wish for them to have no basic human rights.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-30-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    But we do. Because of a number of reasons. So he's talking out of his ass to play political populism and people who have done nothing wrong might be suffering from it.
    I have hope that the Trump administration will be harder on Saudi Arabia than the prior 24 years which was just a glorified circle jerk for these scumbags

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Personally I could not look them in the face and let them know I'm arguing for a group of people where a large majority of the men wish for them to have no basic human rights.
    I feel fairly confident in saying there is no threat of Sharia Law taking hold here. Women have rights here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I feel fairly confident in saying there is no threat of Sharia Law taking hold here. Women have rights here.
    It becomes locally enforced and we know nothing of this. It's happened in Europe and while it hasn't taken hold in the states the more you let in the more likely it can happen in small communities.

There are young Muslim women in this country that live under these guidlines. Admitingly it's not the extreme radical versions but I'll just disagree with the point there is no risk to young Muslim women in this country in the future.

I'm fine with lettING Muslim women into the country honestly. I think a religous/sex based profling sufficiently mitigates the risk for the American people.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    There could be sanctuary cities that allow it. You know illegals can do crime and get away with it there, why can't Muslims who follow that religion?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I would not--and they would not--quietly acquiesce to a situation where they were considered less than equal. Nor would I--or they--acquiesce to treating, in our name, a person as less than equal in the basis of religion or national origin.

I find your argument toxic and wrong.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Metaphysicist (01-29-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    It seems that crocodile tears are the order of the day.

Nobody seemed to give much of a damn when our former President sat on his hands and allowed the situation in Libya to spiral out of control to begin with.

As for the order itself, it's brutal - but authoritative (not to mention unsurprising, given that Trump campaigned on these exact promises).

It's also temporary. I'd suggest saving the real angst for whatever new policies which spawn out of this 'review' period.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-29-2017), Jaw (01-30-2017), weso1 (01-28-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    It seems that crocodile tears are the order of the day.

Nobody seemed to give much of a damn when our former President sat on his hands and allowed the situation in Libya to spiral out of control to begin with.

As for the order itself, it's brutal - but authoritative (not to mention unsurprising, given that Trump campaigned on these exact promises).

It's also temporary. I'd suggest saving the real angst for whatever new policies which spawn out of this 'review' period.
    Well, at least you're consistent.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Prikichi (01-30-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I would not--and they would not--quietly acquiesce to a situation where they were considered less than equal. Nor would I--or they--acquiesce to treating, in our name, a person as less than equal in the basis of religion or national origin.

I find your argument toxic and wrong.
    We are being vigilant for a purpose. There is pure evil out there in the world and cannot be met with our pc cultural norms.

I find your argument ideological and dangerous.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Personally I cannot look my family in the face and tell them I silently support us turning away children in need of rescue from imminent danger, but to each their own.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (01-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Personally I cannot look my family in the face and tell them I silently support us turning away children in need of rescue from imminent danger, but to each their own.
    It's a learning point to understand there are real dangers in the world and life is complicated. Islam is a corrosive religion that leads to radicalization. I would tell them I support this because I believe I'm protecting them now and in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Ignore brutality because it's nominally temporary? Check yourself, man. I know you know better. Quit covering for this foolishness.

For every blown call by the Obama administration in the ME, there are roots in a cataclysmic ****up by Bush 43. So let's not play that game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    We are being vigilant for a purpose. There is pure evil out there in the world and cannot be met with our pc cultural norms.

I find your argument ideological and dangerous.
    I try not to link to Huffington Post often for obvious reasons, but this one holds up well in my opinion: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8718000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Ignore brutality because it's nominally temporary? Check yourself, man. I know you know better. Quit covering for this foolishness.

For every blown call by the Obama administration in the ME, there are roots in a cataclysmic ****up by Bush 43. So let's not play that game.
    Both were monumental blunders. The only thing I'd say is bush destabilized the middle east while Obama destabilized europe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    It's a learning point to understand there are real dangers in the world and life is complicated. Islam is a corrosive religion that leads to radicalization. I would tell them I support this because I believe I'm protecting them now and in the future.
    I feel like the big point you seem to be missing is that violent tendencies don't likely come from the religion but the environment one is in. And before you say anything, I also think that the threat is overstated to tremendous levels.
    Last edited by mqt; 01-28-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I try not to link to Huffington Post often for obvious reasons, but this one holds up well in my opinion: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8718000
    The first metric in the argument uses a time frame that ends in 2005. How is that relevan now?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Combatting radical Islam should absolutely include their communications network. It's been long overdue.
    Trouble is with that solution is it will be heard to target their communications network without getting into everyone else's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I feel like the big point you seem to be missing is that violent tendencies doesn't likely come from the religion but the environment one is in.
    I disagree. I would never act as if I'm an expert on Islamic scripture but from everything I've read the religion is inherently violent. I think bedell could really expand on this.