Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I gave DJT a chance, now I'm out

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    This sounds great but means nothing. There is no way to identify potential terrorists. The only thing we know is essentially all of them are muslim.
    Then why let anyone in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    If someone believes isulting Muhammed makes it acceptable to kill that person would you let them in the country?
    It makes no sense to me. The facts are out there. There areally tremendous amounts of Muslims worldwide that believe in some form of sharia law. I'm glad we have a president who is willing to do something that won't be fully popular to keep us safe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Why wouldn't christans get preferential treatment. Muslims commit 99% of global terrorist actions.

Wrong. What is a terrorist act is a matter of perspective. Almost every bomb we drop in thr middle east is an act of terrorisim.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Prikichi (01-30-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Then why let anyone in?
    Because this most obvious form of profiling will prevent 99.999999999999% of terrorists out. It makes too much sense not to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Wrong. What is a terrorist act is a matter of perspective. Almost every bomb we drop in thr middle east is an act of terrorisim.
    I get the argument. I just disagree with it.

We need to be smarter on the offensive but the target is never innocentry civilians.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    It makes no sense to me. The facts are out there. There areally tremendous amounts of Muslims worldwide that believe in some form of sharia law. I'm glad we have a president who is willing to do something that won't be fully popular to keep us safe.

I am mostly concerned with the ones that wont even bother to lie because they think beating your wife, raping women because their ankles arent covered, or killing people for insulting your religion are completely moral things to do. Atleast if they lie about it they have some basic understanding that it is not socially acceptable here.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I am mostly concerned with the ones that wont even bother to lie because they think beating your wife, raping women because their ankles arent covered, or killing people for insulting your religion are completely moral things to do. Atleast if they lie about it they have some basic understanding that it is not socially acceptable here.
    Islam is not comparable with a free society. You can't expect them to integrate to civilized society when there are examples across the world where this isn't happening. I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can defend what we've seen globally.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-30-2017)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    This sounds great but means nothing. There is no way to identify potential terrorists. The only thing we know is essentially all of them are muslim.
    How many of them are women and children and people who've been through a multiple-year screening process? It takes some cojones to talk about sounding great but meaning nothing in context of these executive orders.

A religious test for citizenship and immigration is illegal, unconstitutional, or both. You're not protecting the country, you're harming our interests by confirming the rhetoric of those who truly do wish us harm.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (01-28-2017), Metaphysicist (01-29-2017), Prikichi (01-30-2017), rniki10 (01-28-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I get the argument. I just disagree with it.

We need to be smarter on the offensive but the target is never innocentry civilians.
    If your kid is killed from a drone strike as collateral damage you would not care who the target was. The majority of the people we target for bombing are no threat to us here. They might be a threat to our troops but we invaded their country. If Iran invaded us and occupied oir country would you consider those who attacked the invading and occupying army as terrorists? This is why we cant win with bombs unless we go full genocide. For every terrorist we kill we create 20 more.

It’s over."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (01-29-2017)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Islam is not comparable with a free society. You can't expect them to integrate to civilized society when there are examples across the world where this isn't happening. I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can defend what we've seen globally.
    Honestly, dude, this is just profoundly ignorant.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

CK86 (01-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    How many of them are women and children and people who've been through a multiple-year screening process? It takes some cojones to talk about sounding great but meaning nothing in context of these executive orders.

A religious test for citizenship and immigration is illegal, unconstitutional, or both. You're not protecting the country, you're harming our interests by confirming the rhetoric of those who truly do wish us harm.
    I don't subscribe to setting policy because how it makes others feel. The facts are facts. Almost all of global terrorism is perpetrated by Muslims. This is undeniable.

There are times in history when drastic times call for drastic measures. I'm sure the citizens of Europe wouldn't have minded a Muslim ban.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Belief in free market economics, belief in small government, belief in the Constitution - it's sad to see the GOP continue to abandon the principles it has supposedly stood for for so long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Honestly, dude, this is just profoundly ignorant.
    Fine call me ignorant. I also believe that those of you that are unwilling to see the issues with Islam are being ignorant.

Now that we are past the name callings how about we actually analyze the data that is out there. Pew did research which shows 100's of millions of Muslims that believe in sharia law. Is that what you want here? Do you have daughters? Sisters? Mother? Etccc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    If your kid is killed from a drone strike as collateral damage you would not care who the target was. The majority of the people we target for bombing are no threat to us here. They might be a threat to our troops but we invaded their country. If Iran invaded us and occupied oir country would you consider those who attacked the invading and occupying army as terrorists? This is why we cant win with bombs unless we go full genocide. For every terrorist we kill we create 20 more.
    We've made many mistakes. Can't turn back the clock in those. I just disagree from a philosophical perspective that we are not terorists. We are just terrible military strategists. There are no military personal in a senior role that actively plan to kill civilians. That doesn't happen.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Because this most obvious form of profiling will prevent 99.999999999999% of terrorists out. It makes too much sense not to do it.
    We have let in tons of Eastern Europeans and Russians who have come over here and set up little organized crime empires and I would argue that those operations have done a whole lot more damage than what has happened due to legal immigrants from the Middle East.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    We have let in tons of Eastern Europeans and Russians who have come over here and set up little organized crime empires and I would argue that those operations have done a whole lot more damage than what has happened due to legal immigrants from the Middle East.
    Not going to pretend that this isn't a valid point.

I cannot disagree more with the point that since we've been lucky with Islamic terorists in this country that we should pretend it's not big issue.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    I don't subscribe to setting policy because how it makes others feel. The facts are facts. Almost all of global terrorism is perpetrated by Muslims. This is undeniable.

There are times in history when drastic times call for drastic measures. I'm sure the citizens of Europe wouldn't have minded a Muslim ban.
    What's also undeniable is that this unconstitutional ban does not apply to the country that helped finance 9/11 and where most of the hijackers were from.

Because our esteemed president has business ties there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    What's also undeniable is that this unconstitutional ban does not apply to the country that helped finance 9/11 and where most of the hijackers were from.

Because our esteemed president has business ties there.
    I agree it isnt enough. We should not have any friendly relations with Saudi Arabia.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-28-2017)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Not going to pretend that this isn't a valid point.

I cannot disagree more with the point that since we've been lucky with Islamic terorists in this country that we should pretend it's not big issue.
    That's maybe because we're not lucky but we're just thorough in the vetting process. I guess we could shut down the internet and close off avenues for homegrown terrorism. I wouldn't be surprised that at some juncture Trump doesn't suggest something like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    That's maybe because we're not lucky but we're just thorough in the vetting process. I guess we could shut down the internet and close off avenues for homegrown terrorism. I wouldn't be surprised that at some juncture Trump doesn't suggest something like that.
    Combatting radical Islam should absolutely include their communications network. It's been long overdue.