Thread: Should have known these were available...

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts

Should have known these were available...

This morning, I blundered into a whole bunch of the Braves' greatest postseason games, pro and con, on the net. In their entirety, minus the commercials!
    I was at Gave 6 in 1995, so I did not recall that Bob Costas, Joe Morgan and Bob Uecker were the broadcast team. Even now, it jazzes me that Ueck was there.

The Cabrera game, the Leyritz game, and don't get me started about the '91 series. But what a great way to fill a nothing sports afternoon the week before the SUper Bowl.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rico43 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-29-2017), JohnAdcox (01-29-2017)

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Fun facts from that day.

1) Chipper was wearing the high stirrups.

2) Blown call on Lemke SB cost the Braves a run in the first inning. Chipper singled on the next pitch.

3) Plate ump Joe Brinkman gave Glavine a wide strike zone even though the Indians crowded the plate.

4) The Indians had their bullpen warming up in each of the first two innings.

5) Jeff Blauser missed the Series with a deep thigh bruise. Belliard was hitless in the Series filling in.

6) Did not have an extra base hit in the postseason that year until he doubled in the fourth inning. He'd homer his next time up for the 1-0 win.
    Last edited by rico43; 01-29-2017 at 06:47 AM.